Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Excellent beer battered fish, nice people.

A100driver, nice to see you post again. Hope you are able to make the picnic again this year!

Stromberg2

Was there last week....it was very good....very busy....even ran out of food. Plan to attend again today.

http://cwdetroit.cbslocal.com/video/6821815-fish-fry-helps-sweetest-heart-of-mary-church-thrive/

Stromberg2,

Thanks! I'll be there, Good Lord willing. I might even drive the A100!

BTW...I just saw a little clip on Channel 7 news about St. Francis of Asissi's fish frys. All the people that I spoke about were in their clip.

Want to try the St Francis fish fry this year with a co worker. But he has dietary issues. I understand some fish fries have broader menus than others. What is St Francis menu like? Any baked fish options? Went to St Williams in Walled Lake last year. Huge menu. Baked whitefish, baked salmon, fried fish, spaghetti, pizza, a really broad selection.

Quote Originally Posted by RedeemerKid View Post
    Want to try the St Francis fish fry this year with a co worker. But he has dietary issues. I understand some fish fries have broader menus than others. What is St Francis menu like? Any baked fish options? Went to St Williams in Walled Lake last year. Huge menu. Baked whitefish, baked salmon, fried fish, spaghetti, pizza, a really broad selection.
    JUST got back from St. Francis. Standard fare, fish & fries, [[cod, I think) but very good. If you're going after work, try Sweetest Heart of Mary, they offer several choices on their menu.
    Last edited by Honky Tonk; March-04-17 at 12:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    JUST got back from St. Francis. Standard fare, fish $ fries, [[cod, I think) but very good. If you're going after work, try Sweetest Heart of Mary, they offer several choices on their menu.

Thank you sir!

how much are the individual dinners at sweetest heart of mary?

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyles View Post
    how much are the individual dinners at sweetest heart of mary?
    Except to spend about $10 - $15 per dinner, give or take, depending on what you order and how much you like to eat. Here's a link to their Church bulletin. If you scroll through, it lists the menu but not the prices. [[kinda like restaurants in Midtown) It won't be "small bites". Page 4

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0By8...9LTzlpV3M/view
    Last edited by Honky Tonk; March-04-17 at 12:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitPlanner View Post
    Go to Chicks!
    oh yeah,.. however Browns Fish and Chips was the best....

Default Lenten Fish Fry Roundup

Quote Originally Posted by RedeemerKid View Post
    don't deny yourself the opportunity to have fish at st. francis one day when u are not restricted. it is the usual fare but worth it just for the atmosphere and people - really old school - same sweet senior volunteers each year - will usually give u an extra fish, piece of cake, coleslaw etc. if u just ask. They also have a little bake sale going on as well and u can always get a carry out.

Happy Friday! Just ran into a Fish Fry @ St. Anne's, and I thought I'd post it in case people were interested.

Name:  St. Anne's Fish Fry.jpg
Views: 631
Size:  64.5 KB

Name:  St. Anne's Fish Fry II.jpg
Views: 670
Size:  80.9 KB

Thought I'd bump this thread as it is a year old but I'm sure the places are still in business.

My new favorite is St. Cecillia's on Livernois north of Grand River. The kitchen is in the gym basement. Catfish, perch or tilapia dinners come with 2 sides. Pop $1 Desserts $1

Call: 313-304-3671 to order

They will deliver if you have 5 orders.

Open till 7

Quote Originally Posted by gnome View Post
    Thought I'd bump this thread as it is a year old but I'm sure the places are still in business.

My new favorite is St. Cecillia's on Livernois north of Grand River. The kitchen is in the gym basement. Catfish, perch or tilapia dinners come with 2 sides. Pop $1 Desserts $1

Call: 313-304-3671 to order

They will deliver if you have 5 orders.

Open till 7
    St. Cecilia/Charles Lwanga Parish, sounds good. so is this just on Fridays?

https://scontent-ort2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...21&oe=5B24C87F
    Last edited by Honky Tonk; February-17-18 at 07:56 AM.

Sweetest Heart Ad:
    Name:  27982668_763060003900281_6130666030712159606_o.jpg
Views: 539
Size:  158.8 KB

I just love fish frys, extra tarter please

St. Francis on Wesson!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Detroit_uke View Post
    St. Francis on Wesson!!!!!

Two thumbs up!

https://scontent-ort2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...7b&oe=5B127D3F
    Last edited by Honky Tonk; February-17-18 at 05:22 PM.

Don't forget St. Ann's! Fish and Mexican...

https://scontent-ort2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...ed&oe=5B157C06

Yes, only on Friday.

Their delivery service is extra nice for folks who are working downtown and can't get away from their offices.

Their delivery service is really just some old guy parishioners of which I am one; so, you just might have me deliver your lunch which could be good or not.

St. Francis D' Assisi remains my favorite. I think I remember from their Facebook page, they are also selling pierogi and dill pickle soup to take home this year.

St. Robert Bellermine in Redford is quite popular too with drive thru service. This is the link to their Facebook page to see all the details.
    https://www.facebook.com/St-Robert-B...eE&pnref=story

American Polish Century Club 14mile and Maple Lane, Sterling Heights
    Polish Lenten Dinners Potato Pancakes, Pierogi and Cod
    we also have Perch, grilled Salmon, shrimp, froglegs
    Polish Beer available

Call this guy if you need some fish.
    Name:  STURGON.jpg
Views: 360
Size:  46.6 KB

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast