Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

Does anyone know when they will actually release a new schedule so that bus riders can prepare for any changes? If they are changing the schedules beginning this month, why haven't they told us anything concrete yet? I am doing all that I can to move closer to work and school, but with such short notice I don't know if I will be able to move soon enough. I am really concerned about getting to and from work/school before I get moved.

If they are making reductions to day time service AT ALL it will be really bad because buses that should come every 20 minutes or so have already been taking 1 hour or longer for the past few weeks.

Epiphany,

The schedule changes take effect March 3, I believe. Daytime service is being reduced on certain lines only. I don't remember the details or I'd share.

As far as the printed schedules, who cares what the printed schedules say? All of us riders know they are fiction anyhow. That, to me, is the bigger problem. If the bus is only going to come every half hour, fine, we can work our schedules around that, but at least let the damned thing come when it's supposed to!

Professor Scott

LOL. I agree. I was just hoping that a schedule would give me a better idea about which lines are being cut and by how much. But, nothing frustrates me more than leaving to catch a bus at a certain time that is never coming. If they ran every hour or even every two hours and CAME ON TIME, it wouldn't be such a big deal because I could plan to be there on time and avoid waiting in the cold. But, showing up early to catch a bus that never arrives is just terrible. No one likes standing in the rain or snow [[without a shelter, of course) for such extended periods of time.

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/2...ng-bus-service

Among the service adjustments to be discussed at the hearings are:

Discontinue bus service from 1-4 a.m.
    Route 11/Clairmount weekend service only will be discontinued.
    Route 46/Southfield Sunday service will be discontinued.
    Eliminate Route 78/Imperial Express.
    Route 49/Vernor service will end at the Rosa Parks Terminal in downtown Detroit.

To learn more

Public hearings:
    DDOT has scheduled public hearings on Feb. 24 at two locations: Northwest Activities Center, 18100 Meyers from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. and from 6-8 p.m.; and Wayne County Community College [[at Interstate 94), 5901 Conner, from 11 a.m. until 1 p.m. and 6-8 p.m.
    A service document detailing all changes and route alternatives can be obtained from the following locations on or after Friday:
    DDOT main office, strategic planning/scheduling, 1301 E. Warren
    Detroit Public libraries
    Community access centers
    Online at www.ridedetroittransit.com.