More D-DOT cuts??I......I just don't know what to say. If DDOT's cut anymore it may as welll cease to exist! It's bad enough SMART's all but eliminated serivce in&out of the city of Detroit[[which in my opinion further adds to DDOT's overload)now more proposed cuts are being discussed????WTH's wrong with the picture here???
I took a bus into Detroit today. An empty DDOT Woodward pulled up&was full house capacity within less than a minute.We left the fairgrounds at standing room only capacity!!By the time the coach reached Woodward&Manchester the driver had to pass up lines&lines of potential passangers at various stops along Woodward. He wasn't able to squeeze anymore passengers on until we neared Woodward&Clairmont[[sp?). The ride back to the fairgrounds was no better. I arrived at Warren&Woodward at 1:35pm.While sitting in the bus shelter,along with almost 10 other people,FOUR Southbound Woodward coaches passed by. North bound #53 pulls approaches&passes us by!!While I understand why the coach had to pass us,it was filled to CAPACITY,I couldn't help be p&ssed!
I thank heaven I'm not on council nor in a position of authority in the city as I'm not sure what the answer is to this situation. I do however know more cuts to DDOT service isn't the answer. Cutting service more is,in my opinion,is as a@# backwards as it gets. If council wants to save more money&cut more they perhaps should start with their own darn salaries!! Maybe they should do severe cuts to their,and their aides,salaries/budgets. Cutting DDOT any further is adding extreme insult to the already extremely injured!
This makes no damn sense!