Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Roq View Post
    Oh my God -- YES. I am on the verge of an aneurysm every day.
    Maybe listening to some nice mellow jazz in the car would help?

I thought I was the only one that noticed it. It really does annoy me and it does seem to be everywhere. I was on 75 last night and got behind several cars driving much much lower than the speed limit. If I am on an open stretch of freeway, why drive 60 when the limit is 70 and there is nothing in front of you? This is what causes accidents, driving too slow.

Red light cams are not all over Chicago, there are only a couple places within the city that have them. You can count the locations on one hand

As of 2011, 190 intersections were equipped with red-light cameras.

http://www.cityofchicago.org/city/en...forcement.html

Revenue From Speed Cameras Could Dwarf Chicago’s Red Light Camera Program

$61 million a year in revenue is a lot of money. That’s the revenue Chicago’s red light camera program program generated in 2010.

http://theexpiredmeter.com/2011/11/r...amera-program/

Quote Originally Posted by Meddle View Post
    ^^ Responsible?

Speeding is not driving responsibly.
    Who said the responsible person had to be speedng? The sign says 70. Or do you think that 70 is too fast? Are you one of those "wanna bees" we were talkin about?

If your speed is lower than the drivers behind you, no matter how fast they go, unless it's in the right lane, do us all a favor and move over will ya? Is it too much to ask, really? To make the road safer for everyone driving?

I like to speed quite a bit in my Mustang I think it'll do 100 mph in about ten seconds and with its 500 horsepower you really fell like king of the road, passing anything is a breeze.
    But daily driving Jeeps and Exploders in the middle of winter I'll save my gas and ticket money.

I've driven 80 through the heart of Chicago plenty of times. Thats the flow of traffic, its actually faster in the city than in the sticks, until you turn into a parking lot after some speeder dick hits the wall and all the stuff from their car is strewn about the highway. Hope you weren't ejected bra.

The redlight cameras are popping up everywhere in Chicago. Now Rahm Emanuel wants them in all school zones too. Chicago is raking the money in! Luckily because it's all congested city driving do people rarely go above 25mph.

I understand the bike craze there. It's like a bike expressway from the Loop down Milwaukee Avenue into Logan Square.
    Last edited by illwill; February-03-12 at 04:06 PM.

I think it's just because the weed got so much stronger since medical marijuana passed. Sorry, dude. I'll use the right lanes. I was trippin'. My bad.

Smoking on that strong, That Arnold Schwarzenegger.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian1979 View Post
    I got pulled over by a Dearborn cop about 10 years ago going 75 on the Southfield, I didn't get a ticket but I will never drive more than 60 on that stretch now. I usually don't have to use that part of the Southfield, another area on the Southfield that is a speed trap is towards the end of the expressway part just before I-94 there's an exit there with speed limits of 25 mph and you better be going 25 or else you'll get pulled over. I'm not sure which city that is, it's either Dearborn Heights or Taylor I'm thinking.
    Yes, the Southfield service drives that bends into Van Born. Dearborn Hgts is there on revenue patrol.

I "move to the right" all the time. Still get people riding my rear, and if I'm in the 2nd lane from the right have people pass on the right all the time. So glad I'm not one of these "responsible" people that feels the need to drive exactly the speed limit.

Please stay to the left, will ya?

Quote Originally Posted by detroitsgwenivere View Post
    Who said the responsible person had to be speedng? The sign says 70. Or do you think that 70 is too fast? Are you one of those "wanna bees" we were talkin about?

If your speed is lower than the drivers behind you, no matter how fast they go, unless it's in the right lane, do us all a favor and move over will ya? Is it too much to ask, really? To make the road safer for everyone driving?

Occurrence Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Meddle View Post
    ^^ Responsible?

Speeding is not driving responsibly.
    Neither is driving below the speed limit or impeding the flow of traffic in the left lane.

Quote Originally Posted by astongraham View Post
    Red light cams are not all over Chicago, there are only a couple places within the city that have them. You can count the locations on one hand
    You are correct they are not all over Chicago, you'd need more than one hand to count them though. There are several suburbs of Chicago that have them at every traffic light, Chicago itself though doesn't have them at every traffic light, there are enough of them though.

Quote Originally Posted by jackie5275 View Post
    Yes, the Southfield service drives that bends into Van Born. Dearborn Hgts is there on revenue patrol.
    Yup exactly the area I'm talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by downtown_racine View Post
    I like to speed quite a bit in my Mustang I think it'll do 100 mph in about ten seconds and with its 500 horsepower you really fell like king of the road, passing anything is a breeze.
    But daily driving Jeeps and Exploders in the middle of winter I'll save my gas and ticket money.

I've driven 80 through the heart of Chicago plenty of times. Thats the flow of traffic, its actually faster in the city than in the sticks, until you turn into a parking lot after some speeder dick hits the wall and all the stuff from their car is strewn about the highway. Hope you weren't ejected bra.
    I'd love to get behind someone doing 80 mph through Chicago because I'd be doing the same exact thing. I've driven over 100 mph on the Kennedy through Chicago before, it was the middle of the night not much traffic and I was flying through there.

Quote Originally Posted by Occurrence View Post
    People driving under the speed limit can be just as dangerous, if not more, than people who speed. Police need to pull over and ticket these people for obstructing the flow of traffic.
    Thumbs up! It's true.

Ravine Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Pam View Post
    Maybe listening to some nice mellow jazz in the car would help?
    Why, I oughtta...

Look, let's compromise. Some jazz suited to a Ride with Roq:

Quote Originally Posted by Ravine View Post
    Why, I oughtta...

Look, let's compromise. Some jazz suited to a Ride with Roq:
    Noooooooooooooo......not the jazz!!!

To paraphrase some great learned scholar...or something -- jazz sucks.

Oh, I'll pick up that glove and take up the challenge.

Play the Yellowjackets at volume while you drive, and see if you don't speed along to their driving rhythmic basslines. Then seque to some Billy Cobham and let him drum to you kingdom come.

Don't you dare diss jazz...although I know I've wrankled a few jazzites by introducing a few at the funker fringe...heh.

Cheers!

I cant drive 55!

I was on I-69 the other day on my way to Chicago and there was a row of 3 semi's riding in the right lane, there was a car behind the semi's so the car gets over in the left lane and does about 60 mph with no one in front of her and she could of very easily passed the semi's and got back in the right lane, but nope she decides to do 60 mph and wasn't even passing the trucks, I was going about 80 up until I had to slow down for this car. I wasn't too happy and flicked the driver of that car off as I drove past the car.

I like to drive 45 mph in the left lane just so Brian1979 goes ballistic. Thats what I do, and why I do it.

Ravine Guest

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitPlanner View Post
    I like to drive 45 mph in the left lane just so Brian1979 goes ballistic. Thats what I do, and why I do it.
    Well you just go right ahead and do that, Mr. Wise Guy, but when he "flicks" you off, you're gonna feel pretty crummy about yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian1979 View Post
    I was on I-69 the other day on my way to Chicago and there was a row of 3 semi's riding in the right lane, there was a car behind the semi's so the car gets over in the left lane and does about 60 mph with no one in front of her and she could of very easily passed the semi's and got back in the right lane, but nope she decides to do 60 mph and wasn't even passing the trucks, I was going about 80 up until I had to slow down for this car. I wasn't too happy and flicked the driver of that car off as I drove past the car.

I'd bet you also were the ungentlemanly type and hung directly on her ass with less than a car-length of safety space between you. That always causes me to stay in the lane a wee bit longer than usual, and when I finally do change lanes it is quite gradual.

But this woman was probably merely frightened to death just from having to pass a semi-truck. You have NO idea of her perception of depth and size. Do you know that MOST women don't have the same depth perception as most men!? They surmise it has to do with estrogen saturation, because many Asian men suffer the same, and the only similarity was the high estrogen levels.

And did you know that EVERYONE suffers from motion sickness to a degree in one form or another? A German study proved that three decades ago. For some it is the subtle back-n-forth of a boat in waves, but for MOST is happens at distinct speed levels. For most, it is about 100 mph, others 70...but for a few it is 40 mph, like my godmother. She knows she cannot drive on the highway, so she sticks to surface streets...but if the person that delayed you for a mere moment of time simply thought everyone was alike [[as we all seem to imagine), she wouldn't know to avoid them. Plus, it might've been an emergency where she was forced beyond her comfort zone. Your solitary digital commentary surely helped with all that.

All the fast assholes astound me, but only because once upon a time I used to be like them. I have my occasional flashbacks, when stress is high and time expectations loom, but most of the time I'm cruising at exactly the speed limit in the far right hand lane. I just went through my driving record and ticket file...lol...which hasn't had any additions in many, many years.

Yay, me.

Cheers
    Last edited by Gannon; February-23-12 at 11:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gannon View Post
    Don't you dare diss jazz...although I know I've wrankled a few jazzites by introducing a few at the funker fringe...heh.
    Cheers!
    haha! Ok, I promise to listen to one whole jazz song as penance.

The only music I try to *not* listen to when driving is Metallica -- I seriously want to drive about 95 mph when I hear any of their early stuff.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast