Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

San Diego, CA is a perfect example of a large city run by Republicans that's run itself into a fiscal disaster. I believe the current Council is now majority Democrats but for years, the Mayor and Council majority were Republicans.

Quote Originally Posted by Novine View Post
    San Diego, CA is a perfect example of a large city run by Republicans that's run itself into a fiscal disaster. I believe the current Council is now majority Democrats but for years, the Mayor and Council majority were Republicans.
    I don't think you can make a comparison with Detroit no matter when and how badly they ran it [[if they did) because since 1969 to 2010 the San Diego population rose from 682,000 to 1.2 Million and the recent murder rate was 29 per year. San Diego Homicide Rate Continues To Drop - San Diego News Story - KGTV San Diego
    Last edited by coracle; February-04-12 at 08:26 PM.

Running your city into bankruptcy is OK as long as no one gets killed?

Quote Originally Posted by Novine View Post
    Running your city into bankruptcy is OK as long as no one gets killed?
    You must be joking to ask such a question. Of course it is. You can recover from bankruptcy.
    Last edited by coracle; February-05-12 at 07:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by coracle View Post
    You must be joking to ask such a question. Of course it is. You can recover from bankruptcy.
    Not necessarily. All bankruptcies aren't the same.

I doubt Detroit [[as is) will recover from a bankruptcy.