Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

And why some folks are soooooo focused on the City Council's budget while ignoring the millions of dollars that could be saved [[and made) by running DPD, DFD and the EMS more efficiently is beyond me.
    Last edited by mam2009; February-01-12 at 10:22 PM.

All of those things need to be addressed. TOGETHER. It's not an either/ or, thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by mam2009 View Post
    And why some folks are soooooo focused on the City Council's budget while ignoring the millions of dollars that could be saved [[and made) by running DPD, DFD and the EMS more efficiently is beyond me.
    Last edited by Zacha341; February-01-12 at 11:22 PM.

Buy American Guest

Who runs DPD, DFD and EMS??? More appointee flunkies that are running the departments into the ground. I am not just focused on the council's budget, but I am concerned about the way they are doing things. Just who would make the decisions on how to save or make the millions you're speaking of?
    Would they save millions by cutting more salaries? Maybe pay a police officer $22,000 a year and make him/her pay for their own benefits while going out to protect and serve. Quite a few firefighers and police officers purchase their own disability insurance now because the chance of injury or death is with them every day they are on the streets of Detroit. How about cutting the firefighters salary down and cutting off their insurance, while they are running into fires while you are running out?

Quote Originally Posted by Buy American View Post
    Who runs DPD, DFD and EMS??? More appointee flunkies that are running the departments into the ground. I am not just focused on the council's budget, but I am concerned about the way they are doing things. Just who would make the decisions on how to save or make the millions you're speaking of?
    Would they save millions by cutting more salaries? Maybe pay a police officer $22,000 a year and make him/her pay for their own benefits while going out to protect and serve. Quite a few firefighers and police officers purchase their own disability insurance now because the chance of injury or death is with them every day they are on the streets of Detroit. How about cutting the firefighters salary down and cutting off their insurance, while they are running into fires while you are running out?
    The Council makes the budget. They don"t decide how it's spent. When was the last time you posted a suggestion on how money could be saved in DFD? I bet you it's not as recent nor as often as you've insulted my elected representative body. The Council can cut its fat quickly
    because they don't have to run every decision by a labor union first. By the way, besides the Commissioner, where does the Fire leadership come from? How many of the Fire leadership are also union? Shouldn't that make it easier for efficiencies to be contemplated and achieved by the leadership? And please notice that I said EFFICIENCIES, not cuts to salaries & benefits.

The Council makes the budget. They don"t decide how it's spent. When was the last time you posted a suggestion on how money could be saved in DFD? I bet you it's not as recent nor as often as you've insulted my elected representative body. The Council can cut its fat quickly
    because they don't have to run every decision by a labor union first. By the way, besides the Commissioner, where does the Fire leadership come from? How many of the Fire leadership are also union? Shouldn't that make it easier for efficiencies to be contemplated and achieved by the leadership? And please notice that I said EFFICIENCIES, not cuts to salaries & benefits.
    I hope like hell that Pugh doesn't have his way to give his chief of staff[[so called) a raise. You had said that this council is the most responsible. That was a joke, right?