Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 13 ... LastLast

I don't know what happened, and I certainly wouldn't suggest her husband did this before reasoning other than 'crime shows on television usually depict strangulation as a crime of passion executed by someone the victim knew' is given.
    Crimes can go wrong, and quickly veer off in a direction the criminal didn't intend. Maybe someone noticed her driving that nice BMW somewhere between her downtown work and GPP home, and decided to follow and rob her, with no intention of killing. In the heat of the moment, if she put up a fight the criminal didn't expect, that might lead an unarmed assailant [[not everyone has a gun) to strangle. And after you've killed someone and you didn't plan on it, you're not going to take the car, the cards, or anything that can be traced or located.

Last edited by MidTownMs; January-27-12 at 09:22 PM.

Buy American Guest

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/dpp/news...rs-20120127-ms

Bashara is only person of interest in the murder.

Saying you are "cooperating" seems weird.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNOgFUELHJY

Quote Originally Posted by Buy American View Post
    http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/dpp/news...rs-20120127-ms

Bashara is only person of interest in the murder.
    ...and water is wet.

Guess the speculation wasn't so disgusting after all.

Multiple news outlets are reporting that sources are stating that he [[The husband) failed the polygraph test.

If he did do it I feel terrible for the two children. It has to be terrible to lose a parent by way of murder, but to find out that your father did it?

http://www.wxyz.com/dpp/news/region/...womans-husband
    Last edited by rjk; January-28-12 at 04:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Detwa View Post
    ...and water is wet.

Guess the speculation wasn't so disgusting after all.
    Remember Richard Jewel? The guy responsible for the Atlanta Olympics bombings? He was a weirdo. He didn't act right when questioned by authorities. The media found all kinds of weird stuff in his personal life. He was a "person of interest" for a year or two. Then they found out he had absolutely nothing to do with it. Oh well, he just lost his job and any prospects of having a normal life. Not like any permanent damage was done. It was fun to watch on TV, and was talk show fodder for months.

Police go for the obvious suspect first. Doesn't mean they're right.

He , Bashara failed the polygraph

-Police do not believe she was killed in her car-

No shit. I am no strangling expert but, who strangles someone in the back seat of a car? It would take awhile and there is no room in the back seat of a car to strangle someone. And outside the car...if it was secluded enough to strangle someone outside you would have left the body and not put it back in the backseat.

So the murder happened indoors. Let's rule out the intruder. Based on the information available she made it home after work. Either an intruder walked in on her or she walked in on an intruder. INTRUDER WALKING IN ON HER: Who breaks into a house when someone is obviously home with the TV on between 5:30 pm and 8:00 pm without a weapon? SHE WALKING IN ON INTRUDER: Based on the fact that she turned on the TV and changed into comfortable clothes I will assume that she did not see an intruder when she walked in.

Okay okay...she came home, changed clothes, the intruder was hiding, the intruder strangled her, turned on the TV, loaded her body into her Mercedes, drove 6 miles to get rid of the evidence??? If you were that worried about getting rid of the evidence you would be just as worried about driving a Mercedes with a body in the back seat and leaving your DNA. Also, if you were worried about evidence, you would have set the car on fire. I mean I guess you can just say the intruder freaked out and all his actions were random and he had no rational thinking ability in the situation.....I wonder if the police will use the "random action of intruder freaking out theory"

No intruder, no carjacking [[see other posts), can someone rule out demented serial killer?

Here's one thing that's becoming more apparent to me as I watch news coverage of this story: it seems the average Grosse Pointer would rather have a murder be a random act committed by an outsider [[read: Detroiter, which is really just a coded word for a black person) and live in fear of it happening again than have it be a crime deliberately orchestrated by a neighbor or "one of us," lest it hurt their image. For the average Detroiter: just the opposite.

PS--Not surprising for a community where the yard signs around town displaying support for a library millage proclaim "YES LIBRARY/ SUPPORT OUR VALUES," as if support for education/libraries is strictly a Grosse Pointe thing.

Quote Originally Posted by eastsidechris View Post
    PS--Not surprising for a community where the yard signs around town displaying support for a library millage proclaim "YES LIBRARY/ SUPPORT OUR VALUES," as if support for education/libraries is strictly a Grosse Pointe thing.
    Heaven forbid a community that wants to support education and access to information.

Here's one thing that's becoming more apparent to me as I watch news coverage of this story: it seems the average Grosse Pointer would rather have a murder be a random act committed by an outsider [[read: Detroiter, which is really just a coded word for a black person) and live in fear of it happening again than have it be a crime deliberately orchestrated by a neighbor or "one of us," lest it hurt their image. For the average Detroiter: just the opposite.

How many people to you have to see on TV before you use the phrase average Grosse Pointer? I think I've seen a few people from GP interviewed on TV and they know the husband so it's understandable that they would have a hard time believing that he could do this to his wife. I hardly think it's fair for you to make a comment about the average GP'er and tossing around code word accusations.

Here's one thing that's becoming more apparent to me as I watch news coverage of this story: it seems the average Grosse Pointer would rather have a murder be a random act committed by an outsider [[read: Detroiter, which is really just a coded word for a black person) and live in fear of it happening again than have it be a crime deliberately orchestrated by a neighbor or "one of us," lest it hurt their image. For the average Detroiter: just the opposite. .
    Really? Wow, I'll have to read between the lines and check for more code words on the 11 o'clock news tonight.

Contrary to popular mis-information, you can't either pass or fail a polygraph. The results are the personal opinion of the operator.

There is a reason they're not admissible in court after all.

He did it!

I live in GP and previously stated that I hope the husband did it, rather than an outsider.

I'm new here on the east side...and this does seem to disturb the delicate Stepford balance they've achieved.

For almost two days, I couldn't mention this to my partner. I assumed she had heard about it, and couldn't comment.

I became a bit hyper-vigilant, as the possibility of a random external intruder was assumed.

We finally talked about it, but just as the latest developments arrived.

It is horrible, no matter what. I can understand how some would rather it not be 'one of their own' who committed such an abominable act. Most of civil society is based upon a denial delusion of the depths of depravity that each of us is capable of performing.

<sigh>

The crazier the world gets...the higher the pressures...more rapid the changes forced upon us from seemingly every direction...the more I expect to see this sort of thing.

We've had at least a half-dozen high-profile spousal murders in the past year, most linked to suicide as well...and most of 'em on the far NW lakes area.

May the Maker help us all...

Ravine Guest

Oh, never mind that. Just take the very few details we have, dissect them, and close the case like so many other folks like to do.

Ravine Guest

I'm trying to figure out which one of them was recently seen driving, or walking, around in Detroit and what type of narcotics they were trying to drum up.
    It's there, and by God I'll find it.

The fact that he took the polygraph on his own, apparently without legal counsel, suggests he is either innocent or thinks he is smarter than everyone else. A good defense attorney, if the client wants to take a polygraph, will first arrange a private and confidential polygraph. If the client passes that one then you can take the "public" one. If you flunk the private polygraph, that is the last one you will take.

So I don't know. My first guess is the husband but that is the easy hunch. What I can't figure out is how the perp got out of 7 Mile and Hoover area. There must be an accomplice. Unless it was someone from that hood I don't think whoever did it would be taking the bus or a taxi from that area.

And has anyone else noticed that the Bashara house is on Middlesex, the street that inspired the title of the great novel by Eugenides?

Immediately.

I didn't know where this was, and just looked it up on the map...since the Freep was so nice as to publish the cross-street and a picture of the house.

Geez...I've passed by this place dozens of times on my walks to the park and back.

The folks to the W of that intersection by a few blocks had really weird rot in most of their trees.

I hate this. Too close to home.

I hope they solve it soon.

How could a Mercedes SUV survive with its rims & tires intact in that neighborhood overnight?! Wonder how many peered into those windows...

I'm obviously bothered by this...shouldn't have come over here to take a break from writing. Ugh.

Ravine Guest

Well, we really don't know just when that SUV arrived at the spot where it was found.

I never said the husband committed the crime; what I did say was it seems that the average GP'er that I've been exposed to [[on TV, news forums, or personal relationships--actually, some of my best friends live in the Pointes) would rather have it be a random crime committed by someone outside GP than to have one of their own do it. And much of that mindset has to do with fear on a variety of levels.

Some days I wish we would have bitten the bullet and bought a house in GP and then we wouldn't have to put up with so much of the nonsense that we do here in Detroit on a daily basis. But then I also wonder if we'd have gone batty in GP dealing with being in such a steadfastly insular community and the issues that come with that.

As for the library signs, to feel the need to add "Support Our Values" says a lot to me. I'm all for libraries and education, but it's not as if GP invented both of them or that support of them is exclusive to Grosse Pointe.

Umm. Is the lady just as dead no matter who did it....? But I think I see 'your' point. I think......... I really do.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1953 View Post
    I live in GP and previously stated that I hope the husband did it, rather than an outsider.

Quote Originally Posted by Gianni View Post
    What I can't figure out is how the perp got out of 7 Mile and Hoover area. There must be an accomplice. Unless it was someone from that hood I don't think whoever did it would be taking the bus or a taxi from that area.
    In the afternoon I park my car at some business on Eight Mile and take the bus or a taxi back home. Later that evening I drive my wife's SUV to the alley, walk the few blocks up to Eight Mile, get in my car and drive home.

I haven't come across any report telling what his occupation is or where he works, other than that he was a past president of the local Rotary club and owned several rental properties. Anyone know?

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 13 ... LastLast