Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

"The second lie detector test was not administered by Grosse Pointe Park Police, a dispatcher said Thursday morning."

What kind of rinky-dink operation do they run at GPP? Why is a dispatcher speaking to the press at all?

From the same article:

"
    Grosse Pointe Park Public Safety Director David Hiller has declined to discuss the case."

Too bad his people don't follow his lead.

Quote Originally Posted by Novine View Post
    "The second lie detector test was not administered by Grosse Pointe Park Police, a dispatcher said Thursday morning."

What kind of rinky-dink operation do they run at GPP? Why is a dispatcher speaking to the press at all?

From the same article:

"
    Grosse Pointe Park Public Safety Director David Hiller has declined to discuss the case."

Too bad his people don't follow his lead.
    I assumed that the dispatcher was the appointed spokesperson for the department. If that isn't the case though, and we're talking about a regular dispatcher, then yeah, wow.

Quote Originally Posted by iheartthed View Post
    I assumed that the dispatcher was the appointed spokesperson for the department. If that isn't the case though, and we're talking about a regular dispatcher, then yeah, wow.
    The few times I've been in to the police station to talk to the police the dispatcher was actually a police officer.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoeInGPP View Post
    The few times I've been in to the police station to talk to the police the dispatcher was actually a police officer.
    That would make sense. It's such small municipality -- both geographic and population -- that you don't need a large dedicated dispatch staff. I doubt they have much interaction with the media either so I wouldn't expect them to have a spokesperson.

If the GPPD didn't administer the test - who did? And how can someone else do it when its the GPPD's case?

^His lawyer set it up.

Quote Originally Posted by MidTownMs View Post
    I saw that last night too. Another reason why one should never what to get into trouble [or run for office]. Every skeleton in your closet will get get dragged out even if it may be entirely unrelated.

Quote Originally Posted by Detwa View Post
    If the GPPD didn't administer the test - who did? And how can someone else do it when its the GPPD's case?
    Check the Yellow Pages. There are all kinds of private polygraphers. Attorneys use the. So do private investigators and employment services.

I can't think of a single reason why anyone should ever submit to one though. They can't be used in court since they're unreliable.

Quote Originally Posted by Meddle View Post
    Once again folks, you can't 'pass' or 'fail' a polygraph.

The results are nothing but the opinion of the operator [[person asking the questions).
    All depends on who's asking the questions and how they're asked. The private polygraph operater spent hours with Big Bobb developing they very few questions asked to him BEFORE they were asked to him.

Trust me, that's the way these things work.

Regarding the alleged S & M dungeon allegedly beneath the Hard Luck Bar, wouldn't it be interesting if there was some form of "membership list" extant which might be revealed ? " Honey, there's something I need to tell you. I really haven't been meeting Trip and Biff to play paddle tennis on Fridays for the past two years....."
    Last edited by Woodward's Cousin; February-02-12 at 04:38 PM. Reason: typos

Quote Originally Posted by Meddle View Post
    They can't be used in court since they're unreliable.
    Unreliable is an understatement. When tested in a controlled setting, the results are a hair better than flipping a coin.

When the police administer them they are basically trying to get the suspect to crack under questioning - the idea being they'd confess rather than be proven to be a liar by the machine. Or they just have the suspect fail the test so they can use that to force a confession.

"When the police administer them they are basically trying to get the suspect to crack under questioning - the idea being they'd confess rather than be proven to be a liar by the machine. Or they just have the suspect fail the test so they can use that to force a confession."

Or they lie about the results. Since the results are inadmissible, the police get to claim "no harm" by deceiving a potential suspect with the phony results.

In my book, just cuz the guy like to get his freak on doesn't mean he killed his wife.

Now, if there was a direct coloration to the activity, place and/or persons there then those really only serves to make people gasp, shake their heads, roll their eyes and get hits on a new station's website and TV ratings.

It's a pretty low blow for the stations to be dragging Bob through the mud [[yes, you can play spot the puns in that one).

Quote Originally Posted by Woodward's Cousin View Post
    Regarding the alleged S & M dungeon allegedly beneath the Hard Luck Bar, wouldn't it be interesting if there was some form of "membership list" extant which might be revealed ? " Honey, there's something I need to tell you. I really haven't been meeting Trip and Biff to play paddle tennis on Fridays for the past two years....."
    I just Googled the Hard Luck Bar:

Dress Code: Anything Goes
    L.O.L.

http://detroit.metromix.com/bars-and...354472/content

Quote Originally Posted by softailrider View Post
    All depends on who's asking the questions and how they're asked. The private polygraph operater spent hours with Big Bobb developing they very few questions asked to him BEFORE they were asked to him.

Trust me, that's the way these things work.
    Same with polls and surveys. The results can be slanted by the wording of the questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Baselinepunk View Post
    Now, if there was a direct coloration to the activity,

I believe that would be correlation.

Thanks, Metal !!

In my book, just cuz the guy like to get his freak on doesn't mean he killed his wife.

Now, if there was a direct coloration to the activity, place and/or persons there then those really only serves to make people gasp, shake their heads, roll their eyes and get hits on a new station's website and TV ratings.

It's a pretty low blow for the stations to be dragging Bob through the mud [[yes, you can play spot the puns in that one).
    I agree. However, someone had tried to dump more blame on Detroit which the winds of deceit had blew the blame back to Grosse Pointe airing someone's dirty laundry.

So he didnt actually own the Hard Luck bar? He just rented space to them?

From their Facebook:
    Hard Luck Lounge

The Hard Luck Lounge family is very sorry for the loss of Jane Bashara. Our hearts go out to her and her loved ones.
    Included in the news stories about this tragic event were reports that there was a dungeon in the basement of our bar.
    We felt it was important to let the community know that we were just tenants at Mr. Bashara’s building. Although Mr. Bashara has a space in the basement of thebuilding we are unaware of what is kept in that space. He had no access to our basement space and we had no access to his as these were separate locked areas. Our basement holds nothing more than supplies and stock that would be found in any bar business.
    Again, our deepest sympathies go out to the Bashara family and we wish them well during their time of mourning.
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Hard-L...e/123270710008

The comments indicate that they are moving and/or closing.

Quote Originally Posted by Detwa View Post
    So he didnt actually own the Hard Luck bar? He just rented space to them?

From their Facebook:
    Hard Luck Lounge

The Hard Luck Lounge family is very sorry for the loss of Jane Bashara. Our hearts go out to her and her loved ones.
    Included in the news stories about this tragic event were reports that there was a dungeon in the basement of our bar.
    We felt it was important to let the community know that we were just tenants at Mr. Bashara’s building. Although Mr. Bashara has a space in the basement of thebuilding we are unaware of what is kept in that space. He had no access to our basement space and we had no access to his as these were separate locked areas. Our basement holds nothing more than supplies and stock that would be found in any bar business.
    Again, our deepest sympathies go out to the Bashara family and we wish them well during their time of mourning.
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Hard-L...e/123270710008

The comments indicate that they are moving and/or closing.

Geez. You know what? I wonder if all of this press will damage the Hard Luck's business. They are just now reading the above statement on Channel 4 right now; better and more responsible reporting should have been done in the first place.

Talk about collateral damage ....

Default Hard Luck

Geez. You know what? I wonder if all of this press will damage the Hard Luck's business. They are just now reading the above statement on Channel 4 right now; better and more responsible reporting should have been done in the first place.

Talk about collateral damage ....
    They moved out yesterday. I talked to someone who works at Dylan's tonight and asked about Hard Luck - they said this was a planned move because business hasn't been that great but that this just accelerated it. The Hard Luck owners have another bar in Detroit so it sounds like they will focus on that instead.

Ravine Guest

Quote Originally Posted by stasu1213 View Post
    I agree. However, someone had tried to dump more blame on Detroit which the winds of deceit had blew the blame back to Grosse Pointe airing someone's dirty laundry.
    Cripes!! It's going to take me until next week to figure out if I agree with that statement.

Detroit for obvious reasons, is the perfect place for crimes being committed, whether it actually happened there or not. He wasn't going to dump body anywhere near the 3 Grosse Pointe communities.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoeInGPP View Post
    They moved out yesterday. I talked to someone who works at Dylan's tonight and asked about Hard Luck - they said this was a planned move because business hasn't been that great but that this just accelerated it. The Hard Luck owners have another bar in Detroit so it sounds like they will focus on that instead.

Yes, the closing was in the works before the whole Bashara situation. Apparently issues regarding the transference of certain licenses between the former bar owner and HLL surfaced. Ends up, they couldn't have picked a more appropriate time to get out of town!

Quote Originally Posted by Cincinnati_Kid View Post
    Detroit for obvious reasons, is the perfect place for crimes being committed, whether it actually happened there or not. He wasn't going to dump body anywhere near the 3 Grosse Pointe communities.
    What about the other two?

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast