Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by rjk View Post
    If just about everyone could figure out that the noose was tighting around Big Bob's neck based on the leaks I imagine Joe Gentz could figure it out also. It was reported that he didn't want to be blamed for the entire criminal transaction when he turned himself in. Is it hard to believe that Gentz figured that BB was going to point the finger at him in an attempt to save himself?
    Oops, there goes those "sources" again.

Sources said "Joe" told investigators he was paid to strangle the 56-year-old mother and he did it while being threatened, while being held at gunpoint.
    “Joe” said a second person drove Jane’s SUV and her lifeless body down to the east side of Detroit, while he followed in a second vehicle, sources said.
    So a guy had a "noose tightening" and THAT compelled Gentz to turn himself in, otherwise, he was not going to go to the police about being held at gunpoint and being forced to kill someone?

Like i said, the "facts" being released are absurd. At this point it sounds like the "sources" are f-ing with everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by bartock View Post
    The "sources" and rumors and all of that doesn't seem sinister or incompetant to me. It sounds very Grosse-Pointey, in fact. There is no shortage of people in certain segments of those communities willing to whisper and gossip to the press. Despite some rigorous defense of the guy over here, he apparently was not universally liked. Of course that doesn't mean he did anything, but that doesn't stop people from talking.
    Except they are not just gossipy people doing the leaking... what is being reported is not what was overheard at Starbucks. These are "police" sources purportedly doing the leaking.
    Last edited by bailey; February-01-12 at 03:00 PM.

Now that Gentz is in police custody and talking, or so we're told, now what's the excuse for police "sources" leaking out more details? Why are we getting interrogation room details?

I think the concern is less about the jury pool and more about appearances.

If just about everyone could figure out that the noose was tighting around Big Bob's neck based on the leaks I imagine Joe Gentz could figure it out also. It was reported that he didn't want to be blamed for the entire criminal transaction when he turned himself in. Is it hard to believe that Gentz figured that BB was going to point the finger at him in an attempt to save himself?
    I agree. Joe Gentz waited almost a week to offer up any information, I imagine he followed media coverage, saw that Bashara wasn't being hauled in, and figured he could potentially take all the blame if he didn't offer something himself.
    Gentz' name being included on the list of people who could be responsible for Jane Bashara's murder appears to be part of Big Bobb's plan to put all the blame elsewhere in case Gentz talked. What a stupid plan! Clearly a preemptive strike.

Yup, it was only a matter of time before all the gritty details came out about Bob's personal life.

So0o0o...a sex dungeon in the Hard Luck Lounge basement. I find that very interesting and wonder if I know anyone that knew about that!

This is another depressing news for Detroit.

Several here have been particularly harsh over the GPP police handling of this, and I have to tell you that they are indeed one of the finest departments in the metro area. Leaking a lot of information into the public arena got more information from other sources that otherwise might have happened. The sex slave issue with "Master Bob" might never have been revealed had these leaks not taken place.

I don't think that GPP Police give a hoot about too much information getting into a jury pool. They more than made up for it with evidential information that might not have otherwise been gotten.

There's a fine line between what should or should not be released to the public evidence wise... and GPP Police did it in a masterful way that eventually "got their man".

As for anyone on this thread thinking that GPP residents think that they would rather it have been a random act by a Detroiter, rather than "one of their own" as a family dispute.... well that's just totally absurd...

Oh.....well I wonder why he didn't dump the body in Grosse Pointe Woods. Or Roseville..... or Sterling Heights.
    Certainly a white guy would have been much less conspicuous walking around in any of those communities.

Yes the Pointes, Sterling, Roseville are perfect. So many vacant lots, fields, and few people about, right? Perfect place for a body dumping.

Quote Originally Posted by Karen Cabana View Post
    This is another depressing news for Detroit.
    Why? The Hard Luck sex dungeon is not in Detroit.

DYes party at the Hard Luck tonight?

Quote Originally Posted by Meddle View Post
    DYes party at the Hard Luck tonight?

I'm there!!! You bring the whip I'll bring the chains...

They closed it down yesterday.

Up until this point this story had everything but sex.
    Not only does sex enter the room, but it knocks the door down on its way in.

Holy smokes, just when you think this story can't get any more bizarre it finds another level.

Quote Originally Posted by getmoore View Post
    They closed it down yesterday.
    Awwww Shucks...what did they close the dungeon or the bar or both.

Up until this point this story had everything but sex.
    Not only does sex enter the room, but it knocks the door down on its way in.

Holy smokes, just when you think this story can't get any more bizarre it finds another level.

Yesterday there were several people taking pictures of the Welcome to Grosse Pointe Park sign on Jefferson. Looks like the Lifetime movie is in the works already.

It eclipsed Lifetime. Too risquee. e

Quote Originally Posted by mikefmich View Post
    Yes the Pointes, Sterling, Roseville are perfect. So many vacant lots, fields, and few people about, right? Perfect place for a body dumping.
    Sarcasm will get you nowhere.

bartock Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Cincinnati_Kid View Post
    Sarcasm will get you nowhere.
    There are a lot of posts on here dripping with sarcasm. You seem to have picked a target, but there is a lot of truth to the point that was made.

Default Dumping

Quote Originally Posted by Kevgoblue View Post
    Oh.....well I wonder why he didn't dump the body in Grosse Pointe Woods. Or Roseville..... or Sterling Heights.
    Certainly a white guy would have been much less conspicuous walking around in any of those communities.
    My theory is he chose Detroit because he was hoping the car would be vandalized or stripped adding credence to the story that she was carjacked. It was just his bad luck that the car was found by a tow truck driver first.

Once again folks, you can't 'pass' or 'fail' a polygraph.

The results are nothing but the opinion of the operator [[person asking the questions).

Quote Originally Posted by aoife View Post
    I'd take that with a grain of salt:

The second lie detector test was not administered by Grosse Pointe Park Police, a dispatcher said Thursday morning.

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast