Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

That helps confirm that the GPP police are one of the sources of the leaks. Quite a professional outfit they have there. You can bet that no one outside of the chief is authorized to talk to the media but that apparently doesn't stop them from sensationalizing the investigation. Keystone Kops.

Perhaps the 'leaks' are deliberate to put pressure on Bob or the accomplice to let them know they are on to them and it's only a matter of time?
    Last edited by ZoeInGPP; January-31-12 at 12:13 PM. Reason: typo

Or to draw out accomplices, witnesses, etc. Seems to be working.

Quote Originally Posted by Novine View Post
    That helps confirm that the GPP police are one of the sources of the leaks. Quite a professional outfit they have there. You can bet that no one outside of the chief is authorized to talk to the media but that apparently doesn't stop them from sensationalizing the investigation. Keystone Kops.
    I've found the GPP police to be a very professional group. And they obviously know what they're doing. If they have this solved in short time, it will show that they are a top notch organization. ZoelnGPP and MikeM, you might be onto something.

Novine... what will be your behind the keyboard excuse, if they prove you wrong?

I agree, Gistok.

Every encounter I've had with the police in GPP has been above reproach. They may be the best police I've ever had to deal with...easily the most pleasant and professional.

Cheers!

"Novine... what will be your behind the keyboard excuse, if they prove you wrong?"

I never said that this guy didn't do it. But professional police departments can run an investigation without leaking out every detail to the media. If they do charge this guy, they'll have fun pulling together an unbiased jury who hasn't had their views tainted by the media reports.

Media is going to be all over this, national media too. Don't kid yourself, local authorities are going to eat it up - they love the exposure, love the limelight. They're all a bunch of attention whores.

Quote Originally Posted by softailrider View Post
    Media is going to be all over this, national media too. Don't kid yourself, local authorities are going to eat it up - they love the exposure, love the limelight. They're all a bunch of attention whores.
    They do? I think I've seen the GPP chief on TV once, for like four seconds. I don't think I've seen a DPD official at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Novine View Post
    "Novine... what will be your behind the keyboard excuse, if they prove you wrong?"

I never said that this guy didn't do it. But professional police departments can run an investigation without leaking out every detail to the media. If they do charge this guy, they'll have fun pulling together an unbiased jury who hasn't had their views tainted by the media reports.
    I doubt they've released every detail they have to the media and what they have released is hardly enough to get a conviction. They want someone on a jury who is open minded, not someone who has been living under a rock.

Quote Originally Posted by bailey View Post
    That is patently ridiculous. Oh sorry for your loss, due to your state of grief...just wanted to let you know we have an airtight case against your dad for the brutal murder of your mother, but we waited on arresting him because we wanted you all to have time to grieve together---and have you think your dad didn't do it for a few more days before we yanked the rug out from underneath you and exposed your father to be a complete monster who had duped an entire community.

Seriously? If they had a case, they'd arrest him. Right now they have "sources" releasing gossip.
    From Roop Raj twitter account: Grosse Pointe Park PD told me they would wait to question Bob Bashara until after funeral. We are watching to see if he is taken by PD now.

Doesn't seem that ridiculous to me - it's not like he's going anywhere. I really don't think they would have disrupted a memorial service with hundreds of mourners to arrest him and cause a scene. This isn't a TV crime show, these are real people, real children, and a real community who are devastated enough by this crime. My heart is breaking for the kids.

Quote Originally Posted by rjk View Post
    I doubt they've released every detail they have to the media and what they have released is hardly enough to get a conviction. They want someone on a jury who is open minded, not someone who has been living under a rock.
    They haven't released every detail to the media. That would be absolutely stupid.

It is common for the police to leak details about an investigation in order to tease out information from suspects. They are looking for information that they know only someone close to the crime would have known. Since they suspect an accomplice, leaking that the husband failed a polygraph is probably a signal to the person that they suspect to be an accomplice [[or perhaps a signal to a person who may have information valuable to the investigation that they suspect the person is withholding).

Man viewed as accomplice has been arrested.
    http://www.wxyz.com/dpp/news/region/...ra-murder-case

the shit has hit the fan, my friends

Sounds like a Lifetime movie in the making.

Yes, It will be called " Murder in Richville" The Jane Bashura Story.

Quote Originally Posted by MidTownMs View Post
    Sounds like a Lifetime movie in the making.
    Inside Edition just had a story on this so it's only a matter of time before it appears on Lifetime.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeM View Post
    They do? I think I've seen the GPP chief on TV once, for like four seconds. I don't think I've seen a DPD official at all.
    Just wait buddy, you'll see what I mean - once the camera lights appear they'll be like moths, they won't be able to stay away.

Quote Originally Posted by Roq View Post
    Inside Edition just had a story on this so it's only a matter of time before it appears on Lifetime.
    Yeah...they probably have already picked the actors

There are 6 satellite trucks at the GPP police station right now, so we'll probably be given some info in a few minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Alley View Post
    There are 6 satellite trucks at the GPP police station right now, so we'll probably be given some info in a few minutes.
    How many are at the house?

Quote Originally Posted by softailrider View Post
    Just wait buddy, you'll see what I mean - once the camera lights appear they'll be like moths, they won't be able to stay away.
    Okay, I'll wait.

Meanwhile the police have raided a house on Wayburn [[maybe one of his rental properties) and left with several boxes of "stuff". Resident hasn't been seen for two days.
    Last edited by MikeM; January-31-12 at 05:09 PM.

So I have a question, if anyone can answer - when you contact a defense attorney, for something you did - what do you say? I mean, do you tell the lawyer, yes, I did this, and I need your help to help me get away with it? Or I need your help to make sure I get a fair trial and only get a little amount of time? Or, do you lie and pretend like you know nothing about it but say you just want to have your rights protected?

Quote Originally Posted by MidTownMs View Post
    How many are at the house?

I'm not really sure, the only reason I know about the police station is because it's basically in my backyard.
    According to the Grosse Pointe Patch, though, there is a "media frenzy on Middlesex"

http://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php...type=1&theater

Quote Originally Posted by Detwa View Post
    So I have a question, if anyone can answer - when you contact a defense attorney, for something you did - what do you say? I mean, do you tell the lawyer, yes, I did this, and I need your help to help me get away with it? Or I need your help to make sure I get a fair trial and only get a little amount of time? Or, do you lie and pretend like you know nothing about it but say you just want to have your rights protected?
    I'm not a lawyer but I would imagine that the defense attorney main concern is trying to get enough information so no matter what defense is used he/she can create reasonable doubt. Whether he did it or not is only important to everybody else. Anything other than life could be considered a win for the attorney

huh? So you think the police are giving the murderer some time to have the funeral before they arrest him? What the fuck sense does that make?
    That is patently ridiculous. Oh sorry for your loss, due to your state of grief...just wanted to let you know we have an airtight case against your dad for the brutal murder of your mother, but we waited on arresting him because we wanted you all to have time to grieve together---and have you think your dad didn't do it for a few more days before we yanked the rug out from underneath you and exposed your father to be a complete monster who had duped an entire community.

Seriously? If they had a case, they'd arrest him. Right now they have "sources" releasing gossip.
    I like to thank those who validate my point. bailey....now what?

Aside from recognizing Bob Bashara as a semi-regular customer at my work, after searching "Joe Getz" and finding his Facebook page, my sister realized he was the man we were talking to when an apartment across the street from us was on fire. Creepy!

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast