Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Motor City Sam View Post
    Okay, not to nitpick, but if you were responding to something someone else said, why did you quote me?

Quoting you, I addressed your comparison of the Cobb murder to the Bashara Murder. I don't see
    That case got very little coverage
    to specify if you meant locally or nationally.
    Quoting Bailey [[I'm not sure why 'Originally Posted by Bailey' wasn't part of the quote), I addressed the topic of Bianca Jones.
    The common denominator in both quotes is that they were responses agreeing with Novine's
    If this was a minority, we wouldn't be reading about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Alley View Post
    Quoting you, I addressed your comparison of the Cobb murder to the Bashara Murder. I don't see to specify if you meant locally or nationally.
    Quoting Bailey [[I'm not sure why 'Originally Posted by Bailey' wasn't part of the quote), I addressed the topic of Bianca Jones.
    The common denominator in both quotes is that they were responses agreeing with Novine's
    I'm not going to go back and forth on this, but I'll point this out to you since you seem to have missed it: Novine's remark was about the national news coverage; it includes the word "National" although it's not in the part you decided to quote in your reply . I quoted Novine in my reply, showing that I was speaking to the comment about national news coverage.

It's just a matter of time when Bob hears the sound of those cuffs locking in place. Sadly, as the days go by, I can't help to think of Tara Grant and like Jane Bashara, she too was strangled and we know who did the strangling.

Update on local news: Alibi of Bashara in question:
    http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/i...z/-/index.html

^^^^ It's not looking to good for her husband. Everything is pointing towards him in these latest developments.

I'm interested to know what the GPS data and cellphone records will show.

And here come the mistresses...knew it was only a matter of time. I feel sorry for both families because its going to be a painful road as all of the marital secrets come out. You never know what's really going on inside someone else's marriage, no matter how close you think you are to them!

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/2...text|FRONTPAGE

Another report has started in on the debt Bashara was in, and that's a powder keg right there, IMO. Huge debt + mistresses + wealth = potential to murder your spouse [[j/k kinda).

Quote Originally Posted by Detwa View Post
    And here come the mistresses...knew it was only a matter of time. I feel sorry for both families because its going to be a painful road as all of the marital secrets come out. You never know what's really going on inside someone else's marriage, no matter how close you think you are to them!

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20120131/METRO/201310373/Pointes-woman-likely-killed-her-home?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|FRONTPAGE

Another report has started in on the debt Bashara was in, and that's a powder keg right there, IMO. Huge debt + mistresses + wealth = potential to murder your spouse [[j/k kinda).
    I would suspect the police are waiting until after the funeral to lower the boom on the husband. This is Michigan. A state known for its missing/dead children and dead wives courtesy of their husbands.

I don't think we'll be seeing BigBobb driving around to his Rotary Club meetings for very much longer.

Wow. Talk about your perfect storm. More than a few ol' rotted trees down after this one in the Pointes. Dude knocked over a few taboos on his way through.

<sigh>

The Hard Luck and Dylan's might be collateral damage to this, too.

I might give more credibility to the "police sources" if they could keep their stories straight. Which department has the unprofessional and unethical sources? Detroit or GPP? Or both?

Buy American Guest

I wonder if his accomplise was a family member. I remember he told the news media that he called his mother to come over around 9:30pm the night Jane disappeared.

Who calls their mom in a case like this? Maybe he was considering confessing to her.

I love the WDIV website headline with the extra "e" on the end:
    Funeral is Tuesday for Jane Bashara of Grosse Pointe Parke

Is there going to be a more awkward place anywhere than at this funeral today?

Quote Originally Posted by Brich View Post
    I don't believe that you have not read this thread. Your purported non-interest is duly noted, however.
    A lot is at stake here, and you are not helping the internet community in solving this crime.
    Good day,
    Sir or Maam
    That's right, I'm not helping the internet community in solving this crime... because it's none of their business... That's for the police department to do... without interference. And it's starting to look like the husband [[with mistresses) is looking more and more like the culprit.

Were we [[the internet) being helpful in our criticisim of the police, or in our solid defense of saying the husband did not do it? Hardly think so....

I guess to some it's fun sitting behind a keyboard and pretending to make a difference....

Buy American Guest

Quote Originally Posted by MikeM View Post
    Who calls their mom in a case like this? Maybe he was considering confessing to her.

I love the WDIV website headline with the extra "e" on the end:
    Funeral is Tuesday for Jane Bashara of Grosse Pointe Parke
    Maybe his mother was sympathetic with the situation he was in, bad marriage, unhappy son, terrible daughter-in-law....no one knows what goes on behind closed doors.

Quote Originally Posted by R8RBOB View Post
    I would suspect the police are waiting until after the funeral to lower the boom on the husband. This is Michigan. A state known for its missing/dead children and dead wives courtesy of their husbands.
    huh? So you think the police are giving the murderer some time to have the funeral before they arrest him? What the fuck sense does that make?

Quote Originally Posted by bailey View Post
    huh? So you think the police are giving the murderer some time to have the funeral before they arrest him? What the fuck sense does that make?
    I agree with R8RBOB - I think out of respect for the daughter who is still in college and early 20's son they will wait until after the memorial to arrest him. I'm sure they have him under surveillance. I think the citizens of GP would be pretty upset if he was arrested before the kids had time to have closure with the memorial service. I feel terrible for his children.

We're assuming competence from police departments that appear to want to try the case in the media before they even have anyone under arrest. If you're not professional enough to conduct an investigation without announcing every "fact" to the news media through "police sources", you can't assume that they are doing anything else right.

That's a relationship the police and media have always had.

The problem isn't the relationship. It's the unprofessional behavior of some who are leaking out "facts" to the media. Not every police department conducts their investigation through the media using anonymous sources. Some departments share the facts with the public. But that's not what is being done here. Instead, we're being told by the papers that people inside the police departments of Detroit and GPP are leaking out information which may or may not be true for no reason other than to feed the news media a story.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoeInGPP View Post
    I agree with R8RBOB - I think out of respect for the daughter who is still in college and early 20's son they will wait until after the memorial to arrest him. I'm sure they have him under surveillance. I think the citizens of GP would be pretty upset if he was arrested before the kids had time to have closure with the memorial service. I feel terrible for his children.
    That is patently ridiculous. Oh sorry for your loss, due to your state of grief...just wanted to let you know we have an airtight case against your dad for the brutal murder of your mother, but we waited on arresting him because we wanted you all to have time to grieve together---and have you think your dad didn't do it for a few more days before we yanked the rug out from underneath you and exposed your father to be a complete monster who had duped an entire community.

Seriously? If they had a case, they'd arrest him. Right now they have "sources" releasing gossip.
    Last edited by bailey; January-31-12 at 10:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Novine View Post
    Instead, we're being told by the papers that people inside the police departments of Detroit and GPP are leaking out information which may or may not be true for no reason other than to feed the news media a story.
    I just saying the leaks may not be "leaks", and that leaking information to the media is not always a bad idea.

Yep - there's always leaks about the information that the Feds have about KK and its purposeful. In his case they want him to see that he's got a mountain of evidence to try to throw over and that he should possibly make a deal and save everyone a lot of money.

In the Canadian murder case of the parents who drowned their daughters in an honor killing, the leaks were just little pieces of information that the police had to make the parents talk about things in their wire-tapped car - and they did talk guiltily on tape.

You think the police are dodos?

Quote Originally Posted by bailey View Post
    That is patently ridiculous. Oh sorry for your loss, due to your state of grief...just wanted to let you know we have an airtight case against your dad for the brutal murder of your mother, but we waited on arresting him because we wanted you all to have time to grieve together---and have you think your dad didn't do it for a few more days before we yanked the rug out from underneath you and exposed your father to be a complete monster who had duped an entire community.

Seriously? If they had a case, they'd arrest him. Right now they have "sources" releasing gossip.
    Fox 2 is reporting on TV that investigators told them would 'pause at least for a moment the interviewing, they would stop until after the funeral'. I guess we'll find out what the police will take as their next step when the memorial & luncheon is over.

Just posted on WDIV - sounds like someone is spilling the details.
    http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/i...z/-/index.html

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast