Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: I Live Here

Quote Originally Posted by Gannon View Post
    Heya DetroitRobert, you're a bit bold to critique so harshly...so early in your tenure on this board.

Your impatience reveals an impetuousness that can be cured with maturity.

You shouldn't go around making such broad and unbased assumptions there, Luvhifi. People lurk on here for years before registering.

I can only go by the evidence at hand.

That's ancient history...amazing that you remember my old handle...didn't use it for long.

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by Islandman View Post
    . What is enlightening, however, is that you emote the exact kind of behavior that got this place to where it is. Kudos for that.
    Gee thanks Ravine; it's all YOUR fault Detroit is like it is.

p.s. Can I interest you in some mustard colored paint? Cheap?

Who's this Ravine chick?

Quote Originally Posted by iheartthed View Post
    No, I don't recall ever saying that. In fact, as an engineer, I would never say something like that.

However, I do make relevant comparisons when necessary. And I hopefully articulate clearly why I made such a comparison when I do so. And if you disagree with my comparison then I would hope that you clearly articulate what you think is the flaw of the comparison. If I agree then I will acknowledge. If not then I won't.

Since the spirit of this thread is to freely voice one's opinion... then in my opinion, to say that all other comparisons to Detroit are irrelevant... Well, with all due respect, that's just fucking stupid.

Kinda sums it up.

Cheers John

Ravine Guest

If I meant to use the word, "irrelevant," I would have used it. I didn't.

I wrote out my feelings clearly enough the first time. The days of me returning to a thread to re-state things which I stated clearly the first time are over. I'm not big on implication, so if the reader chooses to infer things not found in the body of my post, have at it. I don't care about how other cities run their affairs, and I don't care to repeatedly deconstruct my post, either. The volume of concrete-hard biases and myopic agenda inside of DY as it is, today, is stunning; any such deconstruction would be a fool's errand, a perpetual one at that.

It's as though some folks' thoughts are creating such a barbarous clamor inside their heads that, for them, correctly hearing anyone else is impossible, anyway, which is pretty much why I so seldom log any serious posts, these days.

And please, whether it be with sincerity or with grease-oozing sarcasm, don't thank me for sharing my "opinions." Other than my reference to how the city was built [[a reference which was factual,) my opinion was never in play. I was stating my feelings, not my opinion, and it is a fact that I feel exactly as I stated.

I have no idea of how I came to be the "fashion police," but I'm certain that I'm too "fucking stupid" to really catch that medicine ball, anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnlodge View Post
    Who's this Ravine chick?

I don't know but she sounds pissed.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravine View Post
    If I meant to use the word, "irrelevant," I would have used it. I didn't.

I wrote out my feelings clearly enough the first time. The days of me returning to a thread to re-state things which I stated clearly the first time are over. I'm not big on implication, so if the reader chooses to infer things not found in the body of my post, have at it. I don't care about how other cities run their affairs, and I don't care to repeatedly deconstruct my post, either. The volume of concrete-hard biases and myopic agenda inside of DY as it is, today, is stunning; any such deconstruction would be a fool's errand, a perpetual one at that.

It's as though some folks' thoughts are creating such a barbarous clamor inside their heads that, for them, correctly hearing anyone else is impossible, anyway, which is pretty much why I so seldom log any serious posts, these days.

And please, whether it be with sincerity or with grease-oozing sarcasm, don't thank me for sharing my "opinions." Other than my reference to how the city was built [[a reference which was factual,) my opinion was never in play. I was stating my feelings, not my opinion, and it is a fact that I feel exactly as I stated.

I have no idea of how I came to be the "fashion police," but I'm certain that I'm too "fucking stupid" to really catch that medicine ball, anyway.
    ...if you don't care then skip over the thread? When I don't care about something that's being discussed then I just skip the topic. There is no need for me to make a separate thread to tell everybody that I don't care about what's being discussed in some other thread.

Oh piss off already Iheartthed. It is the likes of you why other people don't post any longer. As the concrete-hard biases [[which Ravine so eloquently puts it) and myopic agenda that fuels that great engineering brain of yours [[I work with engineers day in and day out and you fuckers aren't as smart as you like to pretend to be); why post what we believe? It isn't fitting into your view of the truth or how to maintain a city that is beyond poor.

As long as you aren't paying the bills on this site I am sure any poster can post what he/she wants. You don't like it? Take your own damn advice and skip over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravine View Post
    Oh, so everybody else should state their opinions & feelings, and I should shut the fuck up.
    Let me be clear: I thought it was stupid that you suggested we [[or you) just analyze Detroit in a bubble.

Then you made a response that was obviously directed towards my previous responses on this thread, and it read to me as a long-winded way of saying "it's not that Detroit shouldn't be compared with other cities but I just don't care about those other cities". Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong on that, since communication is all about correct interpretation. But anyway, that was my interpretation of it to which I say if you don't care then don't read it! Problem solved.

IHD, listen man, your pattern of demanding everyone think exactly as you is tiresome. Regardless of topic, you jump in and fist pump your didacticisms in anyone's face who so happens to disagree.

The OP made a reasonable statement reflecting his world view from South of 8 Mile; yet you attack and attack on niggling points apparently to glorify your standing as an engineer and arbiter of all things right.

Sorry man, but your arguments are weak. Overinflated. Gaseous.

You are not always right, your point of view is not gospel, get over yourself.

It is boring.

Quote Originally Posted by iheartthed View Post
    Let me be clear: I thought it was stupid that you suggested we [[or you) just analyze Detroit in a bubble.

Then you made a response that was obviously directed towards my previous responses on this thread, and it read to me as a long-winded way of saying "it's not that Detroit shouldn't be compared with other cities but I just don't care about those other cities". Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong on that, since communication is all about correct interpretation. But anyway, that was my interpretation of it to which I say if you don't care then don't read it! Problem solved.
    Pretty high fallutin words from someone that doesn't even live here.

A group of engineers went up north to see the forest . One said you know if we cut down all
    the trees in the way we could get a better look at this forest.

Quote Originally Posted by gnome View Post
    IHD, listen man, your pattern of demanding everyone think exactly as you is tiresome. Regardless of topic, you jump in and fist pump your didacticisms in anyone's face who so happens to disagree.

The OP made a reasonable statement reflecting his world view from South of 8 Mile; yet you attack and attack on niggling points apparently to glorify your standing as an engineer and arbiter of all things right.

Sorry man, but your arguments are weak. Overinflated. Gaseous.

You are not always right, your point of view is not gospel, get over yourself.

It is boring.
    Thank you for your opinion.

Not to beat a dead horse... But I'm not holding a gun to your head and forcing you to read my posts.

Ravine Guest

I'm guessing that you would pass gas in a crowded room and if any of the occupants complained, you would urge them to either hold their breath or leave the room.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2