Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Thread: 97.1 The Ticket

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Occurrence View Post
    My device doesn't even have an AM dial. It's FM only. On my other radio, AM barley comes in, making the game unlistenable.

Contractional or not, it seems odd that a team and franchise that is considered one of the the best in all of professional sports can't do better that a bad AM signal.

With all the things the NHL did to ruin the game over the years, the NBA is officially worse. Hopefully the new owner does this region a favor and moves the Pistons somewhere else. I don't think many people here would care.
    We only say that because the Wings are a good team and well run. However the facts are this the NHL is fourth behind the NFL, MLB and the NBA. Thats the big picture.

Quote Originally Posted by firstandten View Post
    We only say that because the Wings are a good team and well run. However the facts are this the NHL is fourth behind the NFL, MLB and the NBA. Thats the big picture.
    Yeah, and until the advent of CDs, ABBA had outsold the Beatles. the big picture = lowest common denominator. NBA was much better back when defense was permitted and when offensive fouls were called - like when a defender who has position gets run over by the guy driving the lane, or travelling! Now it's a sport totally geared toward the "superstar."

I've notice the decline in the radio stations for detroit every year. Why only have traffic reports every 8 mins? By the time I hear the reports, I'm stuck in it. It's not like i can turn off the expressway due to the limited exits and on surface streets I have to zig zag around due to only a few roads go straight thru.

And then the tigers playoff game was sent to am over the lions. They're bums and lose so why arnt the lions on am radio. I couldn't even hear the game as the station was overpowered by static.

Now this with the red wings.

I'm forced to use my cell phone while driving to follow the game and many governments want to make using a cell phone illegal while behind the world. Hmmm so I should stay home and not spend money to stimulate the economy.
    Last edited by ThisIsForTheHeart; January-22-12 at 03:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rb336 View Post
    Yeah, and until the advent of CDs, ABBA had outsold the Beatles. the big picture = lowest common denominator. NBA was much better back when defense was permitted and when offensive fouls were called - like when a defender who has position gets run over by the guy driving the lane, or travelling! Now it's a sport totally geared toward the "superstar."

yeah, I don't like it either its all about marketing now days