Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by oladub View Post
    Technically, he wants each state to determine it's own marijuana policy as they already determine alcohol sales. Paul has stood up for California's law allowing medical marijuana and opposed Bush and Obama attempts to override it.

Unlike all the other candidates including Obama, Paul wants to end corporate subsidies and bailouts, repeal the Patriot Act, end the executions of Americans abroad, close Guantanamo, reduce government snooping on regular Americans, close the bankster owned Federal Reserve, end federal involvement in most matters of marriage and abortion regulation, and end the 'war on drugs', let Americans decide if they want to put raw milk or vitamins into their bodies, bring our troop home from the unconstitutional and undeclared wars as well as places like Europe, Japan, and Korea, allow cost cutting innovations and competition in medical delivery, and end the dictatorial mis-use of executive orders. He just took a day off the campaign trail to vote against SOPA if necessary. He also rallied against provisions in NDAA that allow Americans to be incarcerated for indefinite periods without a trial.

Surely, you would also approve of his support for some of the above things. If you voted in the states, you would have the choice of four warmongers and Ron Paul. The rest, including Obama, keep prodding Iran hoping such meddling won't start WWIII. Since you are from Holland you might have other considerations such as what happens if Paul pulled US troops from Europe and Europe had to defend itself. Also, Paul is against the Fed having bailed out European banks.

Whitehouse, edited to add this very semi-related story of a Dutch girl in conflict with the nanny state in Holland. It looks like she is bailing.-Schoolgirl sailor triumphs after battle with authorities

You know oladub, if a guy like Ron Paul became president, you might wish for something like a nanny state a coupla months down the road.

Occurrence Guest

Why would anyone want a Nanny State?

http://realrepubs.com/video/13

Why would anyone want to have a gov. that offers a social safety net when things were soooo great during the Gilded Age here and in Dickens's England?

Quote Originally Posted by jerrytimes View Post
    i will vote for whoever the republicans have running against obama, except paul. He is a joke, and disgrace, and he is not a conservative or someone that i would want with the say so in defending the usa. If he wins, which he won't, i will vote for obama. I cringe thinking that....

vote for ron paul!!!!

Ron paul represents america!!

Vote for ron paul for the michigan republican nomination!

Quote Originally Posted by HistoryNotHisStory View Post
    Ron paul represents america!!

Vote for ron paul for the michigan republican nomination!
    this is getting ooooooooooooolllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll lllddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd

Quote Originally Posted by Searay215 View Post
    Here is my opinion and prediction: Mitt Romney wins Republican nomination, Ron Paul runs as Indepenent and splits Republicans, Obama wins general election.

Ron Paul has a Snowballs chance in Hell of winning the Republican nomination, much less a general election.

Jump on my all you want....its an opinion and prediction. In November I will either be right or wrong.
    Assuming Paul runs independent and helps the incumbent win re-election in 2012, thereby he could also help Randal Howard Paul's chances in 2016. The father passes the torch, retires, and the legacy lives on.

In 2012, if Ron Paul does not run as independent, do you believe the incumbent still wins?

Quote Originally Posted by mjs View Post
    With all the confliciting commercials and conflicting slanted media reporting, American voters need to fulfill their citizenship responsibilities by picking their candidates based on the summaries of the bills they have sponsored rather than vaugue soundbites they make for the cameras. Look at issue polls results and then look at legislation and ask yourself why if most the politicians claim to support what most of the people want, why so few of them vote for, let alone sponsor bills that could make it happen. Look below at the bills that Ron Paul has sponsored and decide how many of them you really oppose. If the corporate media thinks he has crazy ideas and you agree with the bills he has sponsored, what do you think the corporate media really thinks of your ideas? What makes you think the billionaire owners at Fox or NBC really have your best interests in mind?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ron_paul#Tenure_2

If we stand together to fight these big business, big government republicrats, we may suprise you and take back control of our government. If not, at least you know you stood up for your ideas.
    I agree.

The media and establishment wants Mitt Romney to win the nomination. Mitt Romney barely won New Hampshire, yet the media is portraying him as the next nominee.

Ron Paul believes in the US Constitution and personal freedoms and liberty.

Be a patriot and VOTE FOR RON PAUL FOR THE MICHIGAN NOMINATION.

The MI-GOP is so bereft of ideas they actually ripped off Obama's logo:

Name:  migop-logo.png
Views: 283
Size:  48.5 KB

This pic is quite telling.

Quote Originally Posted by HistoryNotHisStory View Post
    I agree.

The media and establishment wants Mitt Romney to win the nomination. Mitt Romney barely won New Hampshire, yet the media is portraying him as the next nominee.

Ron Paul believes in the US Constitution and personal freedoms and liberty.

Be a patriot and VOTE FOR RON PAUL FOR THE MICHIGAN NOMINATION.
    I'll give you $5 for every state that Ron Paul wins as a Republican.....and you can give me $1 for everone he doesn't.....what do you think? I think I would have $50 and you would have $0

Quote Originally Posted by Pam View Post
    No !!!!!!!
    Right.

This thread must be an early April Fools joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitehouse View Post
    Only two points I agree with Paul.

A) Legalize pot
    B) He's not a warmonger like the rest of the Neo-con candidates.
    I also agree with this.

I'm not sure I understand what Ron Paul's supporters, here and elsewhere on the Internet, are hoping to accomplish by spamming his name everywhere. Back in '08 when nobody had heard of him yet, it still sort of made sense, but at this point I feel like pretty much everybody knows who he is, and pretty much everybody either loves him or hates him. At some point, folks are gonna start having some serious Paul fatigue, which I don't imagine would help him in an election [[not that he's running to win anyway, I guess).

antongast, It's simple. In the three primaries held so far, Ron Paul's numbers have doubled or tripled since 2008. In S. Carolina, Paul had 3.7% in 2008 and I think 14% in 2012. in IA and NH, Paul won the most votes of any candidate up to age 39 and in SC up to age 29. In 2008, his supporters were largely computer and home schooler types. This time around, the percentage of women in nearer to that of men so the message is expanding. I doubt that Paul will win in 2012. However, in two years and four years, the energy will add some more libertarian elected representatives. In 2016, I expect that the more politically savvy Rand Paul will pick up the pieces of the movement and has a chance of becoming president as older neocons are replaced with younger constitutional libertarians in the Republican party. So maybe the answer to your question is the presidency in 2016.

more related to your question at CBS;Ron Paul gears up for the long haul

both of these are, perhaps, the lamest things I've clicked on from d-yes. 14 minutes of nothing. no, i didn't listen all the way through. the lameness is just too strong for me to last more than 2 minutes

Oladub- how can Paul not run in florida and be considered a serious candidate. Its looks like he just doesn't have enough money to run a serious campaign. To only run in states that have caucuses. Looks like he should just try and set up things for his son in 2016 and beyond

antongast, It's simple. In the three primaries held so far, Ron Paul's numbers have doubled or tripled since 2008. In S. Carolina, Paul had 3.7% in 2008 and I think 14% in 2012. in IA and NH, Paul won the most votes of any candidate up to age 39 and in SC up to age 29. In 2008, his supporters were largely computer and home schooler types. This time around, the percentage of women in nearer to that of men so the message is expanding. I doubt that Paul will win in 2012. However, in two years and four years, the energy will add some more libertarian elected representatives. In 2016, I expect that the more politically savvy Rand Paul will pick up the pieces of the movement and has a chance of becoming president as older neocons are replaced with younger constitutional libertarians in the Republican party. So maybe the answer to your question is the presidency in 2016.

more related to your question at CBS;Ron Paul gears up for the long haul
    I think you may be misunderstanding my question. I totally get why someone would stump for a candidate they like, I've done it myself. What I don't get is why Paul supporters are so obsessive about throwing his name around in online spaces that are already Paul-saturated, and why they treat Paul-skeptics or detractors as people whose only problem is that they haven't yet heard enough about Ron Paul to become fanatically devoted to him. The only parallel I've seen is with Mormons and Jehovah's Witnesses trying to convert me, and even they tend to lay off once I clearly express my disinterest in joining their respective religions. Paul supporters, by contrast, typically keep trying to convince me that I don't know my own political beliefs, and that if I only understood the issues better I'd be a conservative libertarian just like them, and after trying and failing to convince me a few times they conclude that I must be a rabid supporter of the drug war, since they can't possibly conceive of any other reason for continuing to dislike Ron Paul after having been thoroughly familiarized with his positions. This is, to put it mildly, really fucking annoying.

Rb, Maybe you weren’t patient enough. Eventually Trevor explains why we should vote for Obama again. His arguments remind me of some of the folks here as he lays out liberal thinking. I included the neo-con arguments also because neo-cons and liberals have much in common with regard to foreign policies.
    _____

Firstandten, re-read my post #66 and the link with it. A political base is being built; hopefully a takeover of the Republican Party. You are correct that Ron Paul is not in the same league as Obama or Romney with respect to donations from Goldman-Sachs or Gingrich with $10M, so far, from Mr. Adelson of the Vegas Sands and China Sands fortune. Ron Paul only tends to bring in about $2M/month mostly in small donations. He has to make the most of what he has although he has more fervent on the street supporters holding signs for free. On the other hand, the press goes from ignoring him to calling him every sort of name for two weeks to ignoring him again.
    _____

Antongast, Paul supporters are more likely to be young, INTJ personality types, and are less likely to be status quo. I would define the 2012 Ron Paul supporters to be, on average, a bit more mainstream. His campaign is more people driven and less corporate money driven. If we are to get the message out, we have to do it ourselves. Ron Paul supporters actually do believe that the result of wars, deficits, and the loss of civil liberties will not be benign. If we don't try to turn the tide, who will? Obama, Santorum, Gingrich, Romney? I know what you mean. When I saw McCain in person, I didn’t think he was very bright. When I saw Obama on the Oprah show, I was baffled at the audience's positive reaction to his delivered clichés; like they had lobotomies or overdosed on blue Matrix pills. [[Note: I think Oprah is very sharp but her audience is um…) From my perspective, Romney, Santorum, and Gingrich are politically more like Obama than Paul. We are talking about a different paradigm. When people have something to be enthused about, they act like it. Ron Paul is so far from the corporatist warmongers that there is for some sense of conversion when it all starts to fit together and make sense like going from blue pills to nibbling on the red ones.

I found this thread. Maybe it will partly answer your question. I think that you will find some notes of joy and sometimes it’s just someone rationally saying,”that makes sense”.
    How did YOU discover Ron Paul?

Rb, Maybe you weren’t patient enough. Eventually Trevor explains why we should vote for Obama again.His arguments remind me of some of the folks here as he lays out liberal thinking
    If his arguments were anything like the crap i subjected myself to, it's nothing but am empty caricature of what your ilk think liberals think

Quote Originally Posted by rb336 View Post
    If his arguments were anything like the crap i subjected myself to, it's nothing but am empty caricature of what your ilk think liberals think
    I'm "ilk"? Somebody needs their coffee this morning. Paul Krugman might have said the same things better but if you had just watched the part from about 4:20 to 5:43, Trevor laid out the case for reelecting President Obama good enough that I think it will restore a measure of hope among some, I won't name names, who find it depressing dealing with ongoing disappointments.

I'm "ilk"? Somebody needs their coffee this morning.
    Who needs coffee? I wrote "your," not "you're"

Paul Krugman might have said the same things better but if you had just watched the part from about 4:20 to 5:43, Trevor laid out the case for reelecting President Obama good enough that I think it will restore a measure of hope among some, I won't name names, who find it depressing dealing with ongoing disappointments.
    Here is what Krugman thinks of Obama:
    http://krugman.blogs.nytimes.com/201...a-romney-jobs/
    http://krugman.blogs.nytimes.com/201...ing-non-surge/

Ron Paul supporters are INTJ types? Especially the N part.

N – Intuition preferred to sensing: INTJs tend to be more abstract than concrete. They focus their attention on the big picture rather than the details and on future possibilities rather than immediate realities.[9]wiki

Details like pollution, nuclear waste, clean air and water, food inspection, etc....

Quote Originally Posted by Searay215 View Post
    I'll give you $5 for every state that Ron Paul wins as a Republican.....and you can give me $1 for everone he doesn't.....what do you think? I think I would have $50 and you would have $0
    The name of the game to win!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast