Quote Originally Posted by rjk View Post
They scored 6 runs in the 3 game set against the Indians.

In todays game Dirks has a 3-1 count with two outs and he pops up to end the game. With Miggy up next, why not take a pitch and force the pitcher to throw two strikes?

These games are tough to watch.
I guess as a hitter one has to at least try and get on base. Yeah, he needs to know where he is in the line-up and who's coming up behind him, but as someone with some competitive spirit [[and a semi-hot bat as of late), he can't be faulted too much.

But therein lies the problem- none of them, yes I said NONE of the Tigers are hitting well. Fister was lights out yesterday. Verlander pitched a gem today. And we can't even get a handful of runs to support them. Like Leyland says- we're just not hitting right now. It's not just individual slumps- it's a team slump.

Perez can talk smack now but let's see who's going to be the tops at the end of it all. I still have faith that once this team finds its stroke, we'll still get there. Like kenp says, our starting pitching is still solid and that hopefully will keep us engaged in the race and not a filthy footnote.