Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by 401don View Post
    Nine years? Is Ilitch insane? Can't say how incredibly disappointed I am if it's true. Another slow, one dimentional player. Anyone else remember how Cecil was booed the last couple of years of his 5 year contract when he'd lost his bat speed? Whatever happened to signing athletes who can run and throw, especially on a team with no 2nd baseman, no 3rd baseman and no left fielder? [[Delmon Young is a DH standing in left). Are they going to force Cabrera, the best player in the majors, to DH at his age? What happens to Martinez the last two years of his contract? Trade away the guy with the highest batting average with runners in scoring position last year?
    Agree completely. Another lead-footed slugger that does not fill a weak position does not make sense. I hope I eat my words but this seems senseless.

Quote Originally Posted by Lowell View Post
    Agree completely. Another lead-footed slugger that does not fill a weak position does not make sense. I hope I eat my words but this seems senseless.
    I like the signing a lot. Yes, they're paying way too much and the contract is too long. They'll probably regret it in the end. Give M.I. credit for wanting to win now, If Fielder says healthy, pitching holds up, rivers don't rise too high, they're in contention for the next few seasons, maybe longer

It's a stadium built for small ball, Tigers aren't a small ball club. That's just the way things are.

Sports salaries are beyond insane, M.I. wants to compete. To me, it's hard to fault him on this one.

Should be an interesting Summer. My boycott of Comerica Park has been over for a while. Lookng forward to April.

Quote Originally Posted by softailrider View Post
    I like the signing a lot..
    I woke up this morning and thought about whether this is a horrible mistake and should I be angry and bitching -- Nope, I'm still on cloud nine! Hell yeah and kudos to Illitch for making the ballsy move of the year! GO TIGERS!