Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Default Amazing resentment....

Quote Originally Posted by jt1 View Post
    Wouldn't it be great if he died in jail. A fitting end for such a piece of trash. Of course I would hope his death is from natural causes so there isn't a monstrous lawsuit against the city/county.
    What a post.....You must be a miserable sort?
    Do everyone a favor and save you opinion for the tavern...You insult the rational/intelligent people that partake on this Forum.
    JBA

oh man, i'm going to have to eat my hat

Quote Originally Posted by jba View Post
    Do everyone a favor and save you opinion for the tavern...
    Everyone's entitled to express their opinion. Remember, Fatty brought this on himself. All he had to do was build the thing as agreed and comply with the court orders. He has no one to blame but himself.

Biggest problem I have with him dying in jail is that the family of Maroons would end up suing the County.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian1979 View Post
    I still can't figure out why the Ambassador Bridge is even privately owned, it should be jointly owned between the U.S. and Canada.
    Maybe because the government was too cheap to build it back in the day and private money was used.

The best thing for the DIBC to do is comply with the order and get the ramps up. Doing everything they can to facilitate a smoother flow of traffic that's away from the residential streets could only help their argument against the DRIC. Not doing it, against court orders, only serves to help Snyder, MDOT and Canada's argument that another bridge is needed.

Right now he has truly cut off his nose in order to spite his face.

Quote Originally Posted by jba View Post
    What a post.....You must be a miserable sort?
    Do everyone a favor and save you opinion for the tavern...You insult the rational/intelligent people that partake on this Forum.
    JBA
    I take it none of your family or friends live in the neighborhoods he has worked to decimate and contaminate.

I would argue that a truly miserable sort is the type of person that can do what Maroun has done to Southwest Detroit residents with the only concern for his financial well being.

I stand by my statements. The difference between Maroun and your street level crackhead criminal is that Maroun has the means not to negatively impact other people's lives. He chooses to do it and seemingly enjoys doing it.

Hell, I'd be fine if his son was also put in jail and died along with him and Stamper since they all seem to be content with putting profits over the welfare over thousands and thousands of residents.

Wonder what advice his lawyers were giving him on if his and the bridge companies actions would be considered contempt and if they will be sued for malpractice.

Quote Originally Posted by mcsdetroitfriend View Post
    Wasn't my idea or plan I volunteered just like the rest of them, I just happened to get more involved afterwards in providing historical information and details for them. I'm not defending anyone its just reading these reads like a bunch of teenagers. The hivemind going on here is pretty crazy. My hope is this will kick his ass into gear. I agree the company is fairly lazy about things so don't threaten me with your armchair anonymity.
    Don't flatter yourself with thinking I would threaten you; I'm just calling you out as a waterboy for the Moroun Crime Family. You are an adult, and as an adult you had the power - if not the duty - to warn those children. You elected not to warn them of the danger inside that building, and even with full knowledge of the asbestos exposure you still elected to rub elbows with Moroun in his private suite at Ford Field.

Remember those pics you posted here? You and Matty all smiles in his suite? Well, I remember, so for you to throw the Elderly Card is kind of funny in an unfunny way considering many of those children exposed to asbestos might not live to be 84 years old.

Is the Tunnel privately owned?

I can't remember.

Quote Originally Posted by Meddle View Post

I can't remember.
    I'm pretty sure it is not

Quote Originally Posted by Meddle View Post

I can't remember.
    Detroit and Windsor both own half.

Didn't Detroit sell its "side" of the tunnel during the KMK admin? I don't remember to who though.

Detroit was going to sell it's half to Windsor but the Kwame scandal killed it or at least sidelined it.

...If the construction on the proper ramps were to get fast-tracked, how long would it realistically take?

So does anyone know if they spent the night in jail or if they got bailed out?

Quote Originally Posted by JBMcB View Post
    If anyone has proof that he intended to defraud the state of Michigan through this contract, by all means, please, contact the prosecutor's office. I'm serious. A fraud case would be tough to prove [[especially with contracts involved) but would, more than anything, light a fire under the DIBC to get their act together and properly finish the gateway project.
    The goal of this $200 million project was to get trucks off of neighborhood streets in an effort to improve the living conditions in an area where environmental justice communities reside. A public plan and environmental process was approved and supported by this community and the State to resolve that issue and to facilitate international trade through an approved Environmental Impact Statement. Maroun chose to build something quite different from what was orginally proposed. This meant that the public part of the project did not line up with the private part. Instead he built an expanded duty free area to line his own pockets at the expnse of the neighborhood that surrounds him and to route the truck traffic onto the local streets. This is a collosal waste of government resources, and a flagrant violation of NEPA [[the National Environmental Protection Act). If you can't see this as fraud I don't know what to tell you, but from my perspective this was transportation money that could have been better spent elsewhere for the result that came out of Marouns illegal changes to the EIS approved plan.

bartock Guest

Quote Originally Posted by yupislyr View Post
    Detroit was going to sell it's half to Windsor but the Kwame scandal killed it or at least sidelined it.
    ...and it's a good thing it was killed. That would have only raised something like $70 million, and turned over all tolls to Canada on some decades-long mega-lease. At the time, Kwame was selling it as a way of balancing the City's budget while covering up the fact that the City was running $200 million-plus in the red. If it had gone through, how much of that $70 million would have actually made it into the City's coffers is anyone's guess. Detroit is better off with it as is.

bartock Guest

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitPlanner View Post
    The goal of this $200 million project was to get trucks off of neighborhood streets in an effort to improve the living conditions in an area where environmental justice communities reside. A public plan and environmental process was approved and supported by this community and the State to resolve that issue and to facilitate international trade through an approved Environmental Impact Statement. Maroun chose to build something quite different from what was orginally proposed. This meant that the public part of the project did not line up with the private part. Instead he built an expanded duty free area to line his own pockets at the expnse of the neighborhood that surrounds him and to route the truck traffic onto the local streets. This is a collosal waste of government resources, and a flagrant violation of NEPA [[the National Environmental Protection Act). If you can't see this as fraud I don't know what to tell you, but from my perspective this was transportation money that could have been better spent elsewhere for the result that came out of Marouns illegal changes to the EIS approved plan.
    Completely agree. It would be great if news came out that the feds were sniffing this, but it doesn't seem like the taxpayer swindle that occurred here has federal attention. In the meantime, the Courts have resorted to try and treat Maroun like a 5 year-old, sending him to his room, and telling him he can come out when he promises to clean up his toys.

Quote Originally Posted by bartock View Post
    In the meantime, the Courts have resorted to try and treat Maroun like a 5 year-old, sending him to his room, and telling him he can come out when he promises to clean up his toys.
    Judging from the photo, it was a pretty big shock to him. Even if he gets a better cell and special treatment, just the processing would probably be like nothing he's ever encountered.

bartock Guest

Quote Originally Posted by old guy View Post
    Judging from the photo, it was a pretty big shock to him. Even if he gets a better cell and special treatment, just the processing would probably be like nothing he's ever encountered.
    Hopefully. Or, like a 5 year old, the "shock" will wear off and he'll do the same thing tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by bartock View Post
    Hopefully. Or, like a 5 year old, the "shock" will wear off and he'll do the same thing tomorrow.
    I don't doubt that.

What Matty was thinking 10 minutes before the gavel slammed down...

Attachment 11778

Yeah, the old finger 'roll' on the ink blotter was joyful I am sure...
    Quote Originally Posted by old guy View Post

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitPlanner View Post
    If you can't see this as fraud I don't know what to tell you, but from my perspective this was transportation money that could have been better spent elsewhere for the result that came out of Marouns illegal changes to the EIS approved plan.
    Thinking it's fraud and being able to prove that it's fraud are two different things. Again, because a contract is involved, the rules are a bit different.

If I remember my contract law class correctly, to prove fraud you'd have to prove that the DIBC never intended on fulfilling their side of the contract. You'd probably need internal DIBC documents, and someone from the organization to cooberate them. If anyone has any of this kind of evidence, now would be a good time to come forward.

Otherwise, there are *VERY* good reasons why it's tough to prosecute someone for fraud in breach-of-contract cases.

Quote Originally Posted by JBMcB View Post
    Otherwise, there are *VERY* good reasons why it's tough to prosecute someone for fraud in breach-of-contract cases.
    Not only that, but nobody wants to prosecute anybody. MDOT just wants to get the project [bad word] finished.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast