It was exactly one year ago today that I started the 2011 Detroit Lions thread. I'm not saying that we somehow had a great influence on the team and their string of recent successes but why not start up the new thread on the same day as last?

The 2011 edition of the Lions met or at least exceeded many of our expectations. As the off season looms, there are many issues for the front office to tackle- from re-signing our own crop of free agents to seeing who's available from other teams to pick up. Before long the 2012 Draft will be upon us and while we won't be getting a top ten pick any more- we always hold out hope we can get some young stud who can contribute immediately in the first few rounds. Every now and then we find a diamond in the rough with the later rounds; we can only hope that Mayhew/ Lewand/ Schwartz and their scouting staffs can unearth a few for us.

These are just some of the topics to be discussed as we segue into the new year with our city's football team. I have high hopes that we will have continued intelligent discussions, well thought out view points and some fun along the way. If this team can perform just a touch better than we did last season then this thread should be just as lively, civil, informative and insightful.

So bring on the talk, discussions, predictions, observations, opinions, and suggestions for our favorite team in Honolulu Blue & Silver.