Here it is- the 2012 NFL Draft and as God as my witness I have absolutely no idea who the Lions are going to pick. It's not as easy as it was when we were picking within the top five. We're down at 23 now and there have even been rumors of us trading up or down. We have needs as does every team; cornerback, running back, offensive line and best available seem to be consensus as to our early choices.

Whomever the Lions pick, I will admit to liking Mayhew's managerial style so far. He hasn't said much; nothing's been leaked to the press or to other teams. He has yet to show his hand [[with the re-assurance that our first pick will not be a QB) and will remain nimble as the draft board opens up to him. I also have faith that he has worked with the scouts and will select based upon a collective discussion. I don't foresee him ignoring his scouts like his predecessor. I think Mayhew knows that this team is on the precipice of being great. He knows they're good but the next step to being a serious contender is not as easy as it seems [[anyone want to recall the old Jim Kelly Buffalo Bills?).

Let's see what happens tonight as our team prepares to pick what we all will hope is a starter and an impact player for years to come.