Quote Originally Posted by GOAT View Post
I don't get a $2 billion league using 3rd string refs over a few millon bucks. Really? Is this what we get as fans?

How about the Player out of bounds but the clock still ticked off?? I was unsure about that play as well.
Personally I think the replacement refs did okay. They weren't ideal. They took their time and were cautious. I didn't think it hampered the Lions/ Rams game because it was pretty calm and neither team got too over-the-top chippy. Now if it was a sorely heated game or there were extremely close calls, these replacement refs could've been in some hot water. I thought some of the pre-season games were much much more horribly officiated. Since then they've seemed to have caught onto the speed of the game a little better.

But I also agree that the NFL and referees need to come to an agreement soon. Both sides are cash heavy so quit being greedy at our expense and thankfully, it hasn't been at the expense of a game or a player's health.

Quote Originally Posted by GOAT View Post
As for me and Ejames01...it's all good. A disagreement is all. I just find Ford Field to be so poorly run as compared to other stadiums in many ways. Sure the stadium is great but they have people who can't pout beer from a tap; people who are younger than me asking for ID, silly rules..family entertainment my ass! @ an average of $425/game for a family of four, this isn't family entertainment. Who can afford it?

end of rant. lol
Sincere thank you for agreeing to disagree amicably. We're entitled to our own opinions here and I sincerely feel for you with the stadium incident. I think you got there in plenty of time to get in. I, too am not a huge fan of showing up too early for games. They're not like movies where I have trailers to watch or something to keep me entertained prior to the beginning of the game. I sincerely hope that your next experience at our beloved Lions game will go smoother. It really shouldn't be that difficult for a loyal fan to get in.