Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Article is a bunch of crap. Also bad reporting. The apartment name changed from "Washington Square Apartments" to "Detroit City Apartments". It was "trolly plaza" a lonnng time ago.

Personally I prefer the "Washington Square Apartments" name but that's neither here nor there. Also my rent DID go up [[2nd year), but only 8%

Quote Originally Posted by detroitsgwenivere View Post
    How do you figure? If anything, Jeff is the one who tries to find places for newcomers and the recently GENTRIFIED to live in CT.

Maybe an example is needed to show exactly what kind of BS was going on with this art house before it was burned to the ground:

Attachment 11724Attachment 11723

These people didn't own this property, I know because it was my job to get this house torn down.

This is a Detroit neighborhood. Not the burbs or someone's personal effin canvas.
    Heh, I had no idea they were still using those 1990s-era "this building is being watched" posters...

You could see those all over Detroit back in the 1990s.

Yeah, we now know the property is being watched by the 'scrappers' and body dumpers...
    Quote Originally Posted by 313WX View Post
    Heh, I had no idea they were still using those 1990s-era "this building is being watched" posters...

You could see those all over Detroit back in the 1990s.

The notion that Detroit is somehow suffering from gentrification is both laughable and sad. Given that so much of Detroit lies in ruins or is abandoned, the city needs as much much more gentrification than it has gotten. And frankly, complaining about gentrification strikes me as simply wishful thinking. If Detroit had gotten to the point where the downsides of gentrification were actually present, that would be a great thing for the city because it would show that the city had actually had some successful redvelopment. The situation in Detroit is so far from that [[compared to gentrified cities like D.C., Chicago, S.F., etc) that complaints about gentrification have no basis in reality...like a pauper complaining about having too much money...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3