Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Default Civil Disobedience Against the Detroit Emergency Manager Pledged

Link to article "The coalition acknowledged the city was in a crisis but didn’t offer financial solutions".

I am convinced now that Detroit just needs to die already. Let it die and lets see if that "rise from the ashes" part is true, and when it dies hopefully it will take a lot of those people with it too.

The Civil Rights Preacher sez... "It's war Snyder, the Nerd wants. War he would get. Civil disobedience is like Civil War. Detroiters against the Michigan State Legislature, its on! Prepare for battle, folks. Bombs will be dropping and there will be bloodshed.

What everyone one yelling about democracy and racism regarding these budgetary issues seems to forget is that Detroit's government can entirely avoid the armageddon of and EFM or bankruptcy if they would simply reduce spending to the level of money coming in. It can still be done today. But the mayor and council won't do it. When it gets to the point that it jeopardizes the state's finances [[and the ability of other Michigan municipalities to borrow money), the state must step in. If the city can't pay it's bills, a federal bankruptcy court will be involved. Those ugly [[but probably inevitable) scenarios are necissitated by the democratically elected government's refusal to deal with the budget properly! If Detroit decided to not fight fires, the rest of the metro area would have to step in to put out the fires so as to save their own communities. And Jesse Jackson would declare it racist that suburban firemen were trampling on Detroit's sovereignty!

If someone accidently broke a law I could see a judge setting the punishment on the low end of the scale. If someone wants to come to town, intent on breaking the law, in effect mocking those whose elected their representatives to create the law in their name, there is no good reason for the Judge not to impose the maximum penalty allowed under the law. The law those intent on mocking, will depend upon to get out of jail.

All I can say is bring it on and pass the popcorn.

Quote Originally Posted by President Sekou View Post
    I am convinced now that Detroit just needs to die already. Let it die and lets see if that "rise from the ashes" part is true, and when it dies hopefully it will take a lot of those people with it too.
    Agreed.

Just let Detroit go into bankruptcy.

That will likely end up being the case either way. If not that, Detroit will be permanently under the control of a EFM like DPS.

Jackson and others likened emergency managers to dictators who wipe out the democratic process with unilateral authority to gut union contracts, sell cherished assets and slash essential services.
    If they don't like the EM, they're going to really hate the Bankruptcy Court judge, who has all of the same powers and isn't answerable to the Governor or any other elected official.

I agree with you Mikeg. Some people seem to be saying that EM and bankruptcy are terrible things. As if there were a really pleasant alternative. This patient is badly in need of both chemo and radiation. Cough drops and aspirin aren't on the table.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeg View Post
    If they don't like the EM, they're going to really hate the Bankruptcy Court judge, who has all of the same powers and isn't answerable to the Governor or any other elected official.
    agreed...when the Bankruptcy judge and referee finish the landscape will be forever changed...

Then the rubber bullets [[unless things get really jiggy) tear gas, the paddy wagons, followed by the FEMA truck a few days after. Unless it's somewhere else - therefore unavailable! ------
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    The Civil Rights Preacher sez... "It's war Snyder, the Nerd wants. War he would get. Civil disobedience is like Civil War. Detroiters against the Michigan State Legislature, its on! Prepare for battle, folks. Bombs will be dropping and there will be bloodshed.
    Last edited by Zacha341; December-23-11 at 08:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by truthseeker View Post
    Think this though peeps.... Even if Detroit files for Banko and wipes the deck clean of debts it is still cursed with the same lack of talent, citizens, politicians and business leaders.Detroit is the largest big city with the lowest foreign born population. Highest percentage of southern migrants to a large northern city.Lowest percentage of college grads in any big city.Highest illiteracy rate of any big city.To sum it up.. Detroit is screwed. Far too many uneducated southern white and black folk have hindered Detroits future. The tradition of staying away from schools continues on down to the children of the southern migrants.read Thomas Sugrue for more...Also Daniel Patrick Moynihan.....
    Are you trying to call Detroiters inbred?

If clowns like Jackson would at least put forth a statement like, "we understand it's going to take tremendous sacrifices by everyone to avoid an EFM" but instead he just sticks to his same old rhetoric.

Then jumps back on a jet on to the next engagement, um I meant crisis....
    Quote Originally Posted by 401don View Post
    If clowns like Jackson would at least put forth a statement like, "we understand it's going to take tremendous sacrifices by everyone to avoid an EFM" but instead he just sticks to his same old rhetoric.

Where was Jesse when KK was looting the coffers. Where was Johnny Conyers when the missus was doing the same? Hypocrites. If Jesse is inciting a riot can we have a injunction against him like Dearborn had with that goofy Rev. from down south?

Buy American Guest

I say again, I don't want an EFM or an EM or bankrupcy for Detroit. I think Bing can work with Clowncil and straighten things out on their own...that being said, this is my opinion for what it's worth.

I'm sure Snyder is shaking in his boots right now over threats of civil disobedience by Detroiters.

Let me get this straight. When the City of Detroit was being raped and pillaged and mismanaged by corrupt politicians, appointees, administrators, friends and family, where was Jackson and Conyers? While thug KK is living the high life in Texas on taxpayers money, where was Jackson and Conyers? I never heard the words "civil disobedience" from anyone while all this $hit was taking place.

Let's tell it like it is...Jackson and Conyers, Watson and anyone else who are spouting race and using words like slaves, plantation, as the reason Snyder is talking about an EFM or EM is doing so because they feel whites will come in and take over "their" city, plain and simple. There can be no other conclusion.

No one protested when Conyers was caught with her hand in the till. No one marched around the CAY when Ferguson was taking taxpayers dollars. No one sat in Campus Martius in protest when Kwames sister stole money for her dog, manicures, pedicures, or home improvements for her own home. Now, Jackson threatens "civil disobedience" if Snyder comes in to try to save the City his way. All the clergy in Detroit don't pay a dime in taxes so they have absolutely nothing to lose and they call in these two rebel rousers to insite civil disobedience...way to go to the men of God. Civil disobedience means "non-violent" protests, refusing to obey laws, pay taxes....so what else is new in Detroit? In the eyes of some in Detroit, civil disobedience means burning down, looting, and rioting. Jackson and Conyers need to get back under their rocks and stay out of Detroit's business because they can cause lots of grief while they are flying on to their next gig and getting paid big bucks in the process.

Quote Originally Posted by tarkus View Post
    Where was Jesse when KK was looting the coffers. Where was Johnny Conyers when the missus was doing the same? Hypocrites. If Jesse is inciting a riot can we have a injunction against him like Dearborn had with that goofy Rev. from down south?

exactly. are they done exploiting the city for their picture in the paper?

All the clergy in Detroit don't pay a dime in taxes so they have absolutely nothing to lose

So then we should set a fee for each clergy person, to help offset the budget

Detroit City Councilwoman Kay Everett was signing, 'Onward Christian Soldiers' after the council reject the handover of Cobo Hall to regional authorities. Now its going to Detroiters singing the victory songs of revolution against Synder, the Nerd and the evil tyrannts desting to conquer Detroit and put more poor folks out in the streets and out of Detroit city politics for good.

This would happen if a EMF dictator runs city government.

1. 50 percent of mostly black city employees will be let go.

2. End city unions immediately!

3. Sell Belle Isle Park to regional authorities [[ Detroit owns the land) but regional corps will run its services [[ with a small toll.)

4. Detroit Department of Transportation will be sold to private company.

5. It's payroll dept. will be downsized, checks will be cut up to 25%.

6. Hunt down deliquent Detroit residents who are 2 years or more behind on their property city taxes.

7. Establish N.E.Z. areas for the wealthy as far of Livernois, Davison St to Beaufait line and give them instant tax breaks for 20 years.

8. Rehab the Detroit Police Dept. and shift heavy patrols [[ walking the beat!) to developed ghettohoods like Midtown, Downtown Detroit, Brush Park, Indian Village, Grandmont-Rosdale Park, East English village, Morningside, Woodbridge Estates, Palmer Woods, Bagley, Hubbard King, Crary-St Marys, Old Reford, Sandhill, University Homes, Viginia Park West and East, Woodbrige area and Herman Garden Estates.

9. Shut down almost blighted Detroit ghetthoods and reserve it for corporate development.

10. Rehab the Detroit Housing Commission and its homes. Make those who apply for section 8 Detroit housing provide proof of income, any criminal activity in last 2 years. A credit check will be issued. The applicant MUST go to any DHC center to re-apply back into the waiting list for another 6 months or face exclusion for section 8 housing.

11. Section 8 housing will be set up in secured inner city areas in Detroit lower west and east side. Once the applicant is approved for housing. There will random inspections of the unit. The tenant MUST keep the unit clean in all times. Failure to meet the MSHDA and DHC requirements would face fines or possible exclusion from the unit and can not re-apply for DHC Section 8 housings for 2 to 5 years.

12. Public Lighting Dept. will be sold to DTE Energy. New green energy efficient L.E.D. lighting will be place in all Detroit ghettohoods. Fines will be given to anyone who damages any street lighting.

13. Investigation and serious criminal charges will be issued to any Detroit city employee who been taking city taxpayer ot state and federal grants.

Buy American Guest

Quote Originally Posted by alf View Post
    All the clergy in Detroit don't pay a dime in taxes so they have absolutely nothing to lose

So then we should set a fee for each clergy person, to help offset the budget
    The churches in Detroit, no matter what type [[store front or otherwise) should pay some taxes, not get off scott free. The clergy in Detroit are the first ones in the CAY complaining about something yet they don't pay a dime. If they want to back Detroit and help it, then they should make a sacrifice themselves, just like the City is asking it's employees to do and is asking the citizens to do. Incidentally, I feel that all churches, no matter where they are located, suburbs, city, etc., should pay taxes. I know of one suburb where the church is tax exempt and the large, two story home where the pastor lives with his family is tax exempt as well, that should change.

Buy American Guest

Why does race always have to be in the equation? The population of Detroit is more than half black. The City of Detroit employs mostly black. The City will not shift through black and white employees and just pick out black to lay off. Your statement Danny, is part of the problem today in Detroit....

Quote Originally Posted by Buy American View Post

Why does race always have to be in the equation? The population of Detroit is more than half black. The City of Detroit employs mostly black. The City will not shift through black and white employees and just pick out black to lay off. Your statement Danny, is part of the problem today in Detroit....

Its Reverand Jesse Jackson sees the race card theory coming true when the EFM taks over Detroit city government. He also sees the Detroit black city employees are going to be kicked out and so its unions.

Buy American Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    Its Reverand Jesse Jackson sees the race card theory coming true when the EFM taks over Detroit city government. He also sees the Detroit black city employees are going to be kicked out and so its unions.
    Jackson has to earn his money somehow, right? I wonder who paid him for his services?

I don't really think "civil disobedience" makes a lot of sense in this context. An EFM doesn't really need a lot of cooperation to cut spending. I suppose people could stop paying taxes, but as far as I can see a lot of them have already. In any case, as discussed previously, it isn't as if there is another, more pleasant approach available.

Quote Originally Posted by Buy American View Post
    I say again, I don't want an EFM or an EM or bankrupcy for Detroit. I think Bing can work with Clowncil and straighten things out on their own...that being said, this is my opinion for what it's worth.
    If you don't want third parties handling your business, then the time for talk is over. Bing and the council need to handle their business and it needs to have been done yesterday.

Maybe Jesse should buy a house and live in Detroit....Six mile and Mound seems cozy

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast