Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

But its a big blowout sale and everything must go!

it's a perfect situation for fraud. Shadowy records on ownership are the norm for large apt buildings, especially troubled ones. City record keeping is sloppy, nobody on the block is going to know who owns the building, so a gullible buyer can easily be taken....

Her ad is such a breeding ground for fraud. Take a look at this disclaimer:
    "The winning bidder must contact me by email IMMEDIATELY after the auction ends and provide the name and address
    for the deed and the buyers contact information
    or I reserve the right to not be obligated to sell to the winning bidder if they
    do not contact me per this agreement or if they do not pay in full on the next day. I do not supply deed or owner information or
    verification before payment has been made. If I do not hear from the winning bidder within 2 hours after the auction ends
    then I reserve the right to re-list or give second chance offers.
    ***"

The price is at $25K and the reserve bid is still not met. Yeah, I'm gonna send a wire for $25K by the very next day without any owner information.

The money is sent to the title company instead of paypal, but there's no name of the title company. She can set up a business name for fifty bucks or a c-corp for a couple hundred bucks and there's no way to investigate it before sending the money.

Normally, when I buy real estate, that $25K would go straight to my lawyer's escrow account until closing unless the name is reputable like "Wayne County Finance Dept."

The second chance offers is what really throws me. Reserve not met at $25K, so you get a second chance offer. Can someone even give negative feedback if it's a second chance offer and the money isn't sent by paypal. She can cancel the second chance offer right after you send the money and give a second chance to a third bidder. There's a potential here to sell that same listing to a dozen people using second chance.

And why is it a private auction? Is it to limit contact between all the users who have been scammed?

How much has she scammed people here with these listings? Millions? And e-bay turns a blind eye to this.