Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10

Wait and see, fine. A lot of people on DetroitYes are just as mad with me as people involved with the DEGC and Detroit Renaissance. The most ironic thing is that the things that people are saying here about them, they're saying about you. Now, if people are of the opinion that my attitude should be, I've got mine you've got to get yours, so be it. I've always gotten what I want from the DDA and DEGC. Good Luck to you, I wish you the best.

Quote Originally Posted by kraig View Post
    ....I've always gotten what I want from the DDA and DEGC. Good Luck to you, I wish you the best.
    kraig,

I would give heaven and earth right now to "get what I want" from the DEGC.

What does it take? You got ins w/them?

I'm beggin' ya. I'm not proud. Clue me in on your strategy.

Time is running out.

sherry

Quote Originally Posted by kraig View Post
    Wait and see, fine. A lot of people on DetroitYes are just as mad with me as people involved with the DEGC and Detroit Renaissance. The most ironic thing is that the things that people are saying here about them, they're saying about you. Now, if people are of the opinion that my attitude should be, I've got mine you've got to get yours, so be it. I've always gotten what I want from the DDA and DEGC. Good Luck to you, I wish you the best.
    kraig, I hope you don't see me as being "mad with you." I just feel that emotions are running high, and we have differing opinions. I respect you, you know your shit.

If you feel you are a friend of development minded preservation and want to chip in constructively, you should get in touch with the right parties and help them navigate the waters of Detroit politics.

If you feel you are a friend of development minded preservation and want to chip in constructively, you should get in touch with the right parties and help them navigate the waters of Detroit politics.
    Like the DEGC. They have done a helluva lot more for preservation in Detroit than you have given them credit for. Pick and choose your battles wisely.

It is officially gone...Tiger Stadium's [[remaining) upper deck collapses...she's a pile of rubble now...

http://www.freep.com/article/2009062...+in+demolition

Quote Originally Posted by GOAT View Post
    Like the DEGC. They have done a helluva lot more for preservation in Detroit than you have given them credit for. Pick and choose your battles wisely.
    The DEGC has done some good things over the years. However, for every positive thing they've done, there has been ample negatives to off-set them. Detroiters deserve better than that, at least in my opinion.

As for picking choosing your battles wisely, that usually works to be code speak for "don't try to protect anything that George Jackson wants to demolish." That simply isn't acceptable. It's the equivalent of telling a physician to euthanize all of his right-handed patients.

"Like the DEGC. They have done a helluva lot more for preservation in Detroit than you have given them credit for."

Another DEGC toady? Here's a clue, historic preservation is supposed to be part of their job. Why should I be patting them on their back for doing their job? Do you get an attaboy for showing up to work each day? No? Then why should I be high-fiving Geo. Jackson when he takes time away from his demolition spree to do a token historic preservation project?

If anyone is at all interested in the history of the fight to save the stadium and the corruption behind it. Here is a whole chapter of a book on TS. It is however a little dated but its amazing how much of it rings true to this day....
    http://books.google.com/books?id=zkL...ient=firefox-a

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10