Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post
    On outside talent; frankly it is a non-issue. Think about it in terms of the immigrants who made Detroit. The folks in LA sure as hell dont ask Diana Ross for a proof of citizenship to SoCal...
    No, but Tucson Police will ask her to blow into a straw when she's outside a closed Blockbuster Video @ 3 AM. If it makes anyone feel better commercial filming in L.A. fell off[[score Canada...) after 2000 as "revenge" by management for the SAG Commercial strike...Wieden/Kennedy do good work. Next thing you know you guys will vent about Walter P. sticking his Chrysler Building in NYC...

Loved the original Super Bowl ad and am a total homer but make no mistake about it. This is a marketing campaign to pull money out of the suckers who believe it. When the big three really come back home is when people should believe and support it. Unfortunately in today's world that's not gonna happen. So do as you please! I'll still be a Mopar guy at heart until they totally dissolve into Fiat.

lilpup Guest

Quote Originally Posted by One Shot View Post
    Loved the original Super Bowl ad and am a total homer but make no mistake about it. This is a marketing campaign to pull money out of the suckers who believe it. When the big three really come back home is when people should believe and support it. Unfortunately in today's world that's not gonna happen. So do as you please! I'll still be a Mopar guy at heart until they totally dissolve into Fiat.
    How would you feel if Fiat or Honda relocated to Detroit?

Default Outsiders View of Chrysler/Detroit TV Commercials

They make me chuckle----especially ever since I found out [[as reported by the Wall Street Journal last month) that the Chrysler 300 is not made in Detroit at all---in fact, it is imported----and is made in Brampton, Ontario.

Quote Originally Posted by Sconie View Post
    They make me chuckle----especially ever since I found out [[as reported by the Wall Street Journal last month) that the Chrysler 300 is not made in Detroit at all---in fact, it is imported----and is made in Brampton, Ontario.
    So instead of Eminem those ads should've starred Michael Cera?

Interesting views. So much has changed since the days when driving an import in Hamtramck was a no-no. I am not even American but I had tears in my eyes after seeing the Super Bowl ad. If people think it is only an ad, fine. But there are people who live this thing every day. I don't like the modern cars too much although if new Challengers and Rams would be available in Europe without huge protectionist taxes I would have one of each. I had the opportunity to get a full tour of the Warren Truck plant and it was a delight to see the dedication to their product. Either you love Chryslers or you don't.The commercial didn't make me teary eyed because it is some empty words that talk me into something, it is because it is my reality and the ad agency captured it 100%. But if it makes more people to wake up and buy American, great. That's what an ad is supposed to do.

It is interesting to hear about the whining regarding the company ownership...I hate Fiats, they are a piece of crap...but at least Chrysler has survived after Daimler pumped it dry. After the difficult years with the Germans there are still quite a bit of car guys at Chrysler and it shows. One can only wonder how much better off The Big Three would be without the idiotic government regulations and one sided treating of the import competition. US should put similar taxes on imports than the countries who send the government subsidized cars your way. And the "bailout"...people seem to forget that Chrysler has already paid it back..and Ford is the good guy? Doesn't it feel pretty obvious that the Ford guys got some inside info about what would happen and thus they re-organized their loans just in time?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3