Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

48091, if the drivers are not safe, the passengers are not safe. If the passengers do not feel safe you can kiss any form of meaningful regional transit reform goodbye.

This is not the first incident where something like this has happened on a bus. This may have been the straw that broke the camel's back.

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitPlanner View Post
    48091, if the drivers are not safe, the passengers are not safe. If the passengers do not feel safe you can kiss any form of meaningful regional transit reform goodbye.

This is not the first incident where something like this has happened on a bus. This may have been the straw that broke the camel's back.
    Perhaps they should have brought light to it. Planned a sick-out and advertised it to the media. This would allow people to at least know ahead of time and make alternate arrangements.

Just doing it the next day while people too poor to drive wait at freezing cold bus stops for buses that aren't coming? Just sounds irresponsible, dangerous, and harmful to people that need to be employed and rely on DDOT buses to get there.

Fire. Them. All.

Quote Originally Posted by 48091 View Post
    Perhaps they should have brought light to it. Planned a sick-out and advertised it to the media. This would allow people to at least know ahead of time and make alternate arrangements.

Just doing it the next day while people too poor to drive wait at freezing cold bus stops for buses that aren't coming? Just sounds irresponsible, dangerous, and harmful to people that need to be employed and rely on DDOT buses to get there.

Fire. Them. All.
    The point of a sick out or blackboard flu or blue flu is to make people realize what it is that the employees do and to make it difficult to operate as if it's a normal day. Advertising it in the paper so people could make other arrangements defeats the purpose of the event. All that would show is that people CAN get along without them.

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    The point of a sick out or blackboard flu or blue flu is to make people realize what it is that the employees do and to make it difficult to operate as if it's a normal day. Advertising it in the paper so people could make other arrangements defeats the purpose of the event. All that would show is that people CAN get along without them.
    Fucking over the people with limited/no power doesn't do much but inconvenience people dependant upon those services.

Rationalizing it that way is ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by jt1 View Post
    Fucking over the people with limited/no power doesn't do much but inconvenience people dependant upon those services.

Rationalizing it that way is ridiculous.
    I'm not rationalizing anything; I'm making a simple statement of fact. If you are striking to gain something, you don't make it easier for people to get along without you.

I'm not rationalizing anything; I'm making a simple statement of fact. If you are striking to gain something, you don't make it easier for people to get along without you.
    Well, it's time to FIRE these drivers without notice. Let them know how much they counted on those paychecks. Let them know how inconvenienced they are by not having a job.

Yeah, that seems foundational IMO.

So you are confirming that the intent of this is to cause harm to the pawns in the game. Afterwareds I'm sure DDOT will issue a statement that serving their customers is their top priority or some other non-sense.

DDOT cares as much about their customers as I care about the last thing I left in the toilet. I'd respect them a lot more if they just came out and admitted that the customers are nothing more than a necessary inconvenience in their day.