Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default What does Autosave do? [How to recover the long post you though you lost]

UPDATE: Click Here to jump to best answer with illustration.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

I've lost my new five paragraph post with a brush of my finger on the touch pad. [[Ouch!). I know I should do a Wordpad entry first, save it, and go back to Dyes and post after, then delete the post on Wordpad. But that seems like a couple unnecessary steps not really needed.

What does the Autosave do, and how do we recover the written post?

Signed - two finger cramp.

Here is how it works.

Periodically the forum software saves what you are writing and you see the little yellow Auto Save notification flash in the lower right corner of the posting bos.

Now suppose you had written a long thoughtful post and accidentally closed your browser window or your computer crashed.

Alas. All is lost!

NOT. It has been autosaved.

Open your browser go to DetroitYES.com and navigate back to thread where you lost the post, scroll down to the quick reply box and you will see a "Restore Auto-Saved Content" button in the bottom left corner. Click that and, voila, you long, thoughtful post will reappear.

Here is a picture of what The "Restore Auto-Saved Content" will look like.

NOTES:
    1-Your text is auto saved every 120 seconds or two minutes.
    2-Your text will be available for recovery indefinitely or until you start another post which will then save that text and bump out the previous auto saved text.