Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Quote Originally Posted by R8RBOB View Post
    I have been following your post and you keep saying "how is that her fault?" Ms. Mullin is a lawyer. She is no dummy. You don't get a severance for "quitting" a job. The $200,000 was a sweetheart deal and she was well aware of it. Now if you or I was placed in the same position as Ms. Mullin and someone was ready to hand me a check for $200,000, we would both take it because it is $200,000. If Robert Ficano had went into his personal account and paid Turkia Mullin the money then it's all good but he used taxpayers money to give her a sweetheart deal and that was not going to fly.
    What does that have to do with her running the airport? Nothing no one has show how the serverance was illgeal. It was unethical and a misuse of taxpayper dollars, but that falls Ficano's head for offering it. Now we may been on the hook for a 750,000 severance.
    Last edited by MSUguy; November-02-11 at 09:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MSUguy View Post
    What does that have to do with her running the airport? Nothing no one has show how the serverance was illgeal. It was unethical and a misuse of taxpayper dollars, but that falls Ficano's head for offering it. Now we may been on the hook for a 750,000 severance.
    Seeing that you name implies that you have been to college you should know the answer to this but allow me to explain.

Turkia Mullin was given the job as Chief Executive Officer. That means she does not answer to no one. The Airport Commission could hire her and fire her but they could not tell her how to do her job. So you can say that the buck stops with her. The Commission could not put her in another role because she was the boss and since her name has scandal affixed to it, it would be impossible for her to run the airport since the opinion would be have been that she was dirty so the only recourse was to remove her from the role.

It appears that some college graduates have difficulty expressing their valid opinions in a grammatically correct manner. Is this an indication of lower standards, or simply the result of common shortcuts currently in use while texting or using Twitter?

'Now we may been on the hook for a 750,000 severance."

The taxpayers will not pay the severance. Travelers and airlines will. The funds will come from the airport's budget, which is derived from those revenue sources [[landing fees, etc.) This has been much-reported in the media.

Airport member: Mullin won't receive any severance

http://detnews.com/article/20111103/METRO01/111030446

wasnt there a tv show named 'fired up' ?seems like her career is just full of these bungles upward.what is her record as a wayne county exec anyhow? any totals on businesses or jobs created during her stint?

I really wish Ficano's handlers would tell him to stop using that phrase, "mistakes were made"! That's his hide-behind phrase, like Kwame's "the grass will still get cut"!

And someone needs to stop him from this media tour because the more he talks, the guiltier he looks. He's all twitchy and nervous, repeating the same things over and over, LOL. I'm really enjoying it though, its funny as hell, but he looks really bad and needs to stop, lol.

He's backpeddling so fast, he's gonna get charley horses in those calves. I think Azzam is gonna sink his ass though. Azzam said HE didn't write or sign the letter, so HE did nothing wrong. Even Turkie said in the beginning that she negotiated this with Ficano, and now he's throwing everybody under the bus to save himself. Tsk tsk. That never turns out well, Bob. You're just not important enough for people to sacrifice themselves for!

Quote Originally Posted by Detwa View Post
    He's backpeddling so fast, he's gonna get charley horses in those calves. I think Azzam is gonna sink his ass though. Azzam said HE didn't write or sign the letter, so HE did nothing wrong. Even Turkie said in the beginning that she negotiated this with Ficano, and now he's throwing everybody under the bus to save himself. Tsk tsk. That never turns out well, Bob. You're just not important enough for people to sacrifice themselves for!
    Where is it reported that Mr. Elder and Ms. Mullin said these things?

Quote Originally Posted by swingline View Post
    Where is it reported that Mr. Elder and Ms. Mullin said these things?
    Elder said this on WDIV:

"When you look at who negotiated the terms for [[Mullin) leaving, they did. It wasn't me," Elder said. "When you say, 'Who signed the letter?' Mr. Ficano signed the letter. When you ask, 'Who drafted the letter?' I didn't draft the letter. Now, was there a change to the letter? Yes. Was it at my direction? Was it my idea? No. Was the idea that it be undated my idea? Absolutely not."

When this all broke and Mullin was all over the news defending herself, I think it was Heather Catallo that asked her with whom did she negotiate, and she said, point blank, Ficano. This was in an actual interview that I saw with my own eyes, so she can't say it was a misquote.

None of this may be illegal, so Ficano could be right in saying that he absolutely won't be going to jail, but its horribly poor management and leadership, and I hope people aren't swayed by his puppy dog face.

Someone on the freep said something funny, that Ficano had conducted a full investigation and the only person he found innocent was himself, lol.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5