Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    In the U.S. the government's word serverance is a form of payment which a person get fired, not for other things. Let's put it into a clear understanding:
    She wasn't working for the US government, she was working for Wayne County in some fashion. Was she working directly for the county, or was she working for one of those quasi-governmental government-funded companies? If the former, then severance *can* be dictated by whatever the laws of the county are, unless Michigan law overrides, if there even is a law. If the latter, then severance means whatever the company decides it means.

Quote Originally Posted by JBMcB View Post
    She wasn't working for the US government, she was working for Wayne County in some fashion. Was she working directly for the county, or was she working for one of those quasi-governmental government-funded companies? If the former, then severance *can* be dictated by whatever the laws of the county are, unless Michigan law overrides, if there even is a law. If the latter, then severance means whatever the company decides it means.
    Government is government whether your working in the state, local, county and federal or quasi form. Mrs. Mullin was working for Wayne County Commisioner Robert Ficano. Wayne County part of is a U.S. government entity, but in a county form. They discuss laws whether to pass or abolished it. Mrs Mullen was a government worker and she was part that U.S. government body. When I was working for Social Security as a clerical. I was working for U.S. government. I can take severance pay as along as I don't take part of another government [[foreign) entity or seek unemployment benefits after left any government [[foreign) entity. All state, local, federal and quasi forms must follow the U.S.government rule of severance plocies. So does Mrs. Mullin and so does me!
    Last edited by Danny; November-01-11 at 11:44 AM.

Let's not forget that Worthy made her name in the trial of Walter Budzyn and Larry Nevers, two cops convicted of beating Malice Green. While she did go after Kilpatrick, a lot of folks are not going to be keen on a cop prosecutor. Just sayin'

Quote Originally Posted by Cincinnati_Kid View Post
    It doesn't matter that she prosecuted those cops. They beat the crap out of Malice Green. Budzyn and Nevers were scumbags who got what they deserved.
    I could agree more that it should't matter on a professional or personal level. However, if she's going to run for office in Wayne County, there are a lot of voters that will hold that against her. Regardless of her qualifications, a lot of folks stand behind cops no matter what. Can she get enough votes to counter that kind of thinking? dunno.

>Government is government whether your working in the state, local, county and federal or quasi form.

Um, no, no it's not. There are federal regulations that cover federal agencies. Local regulations cover local agencies. If the government of Wayne County was a federal agency then Obama would be in charge of appointing it's director. If Wayne County was a federal agency, it's budget would be set by congress. The Social Security Administration IS a federal agency. Wayne County is not.

Here is the section of US code that deals with severance:
    http://ecfr.gpoaccess.gov/cgi/t/text....2.72.7&idno=5

And here's the part that deals with who that covers [[the definition of 'Agency')
    http://law.justia.com/codes/us/title5/5usc5595.html

If you can show me the the federal statue that says this stuff applies to state, county, or city governments, or that local governments now fall under the heading of "Executive branch agency," I'd love to see it.

I just read the front page editorial from Bankole Thompson of the Michigan Chronicle in this latest edition...he is SMOKIN' HOT on this issue, and right on target. He includes a few other curious items, including the controversial purchase of the Guardian Buidling.

I would LOVE to learn the specifics of the "under-cover-of-darkness" asbestos abatement that went on at the Guardian during my tenure at Eph's. I spent a good many night, working late, watching the wagon-train of dump trucks arrive faithfully...and never heard a PEEP from anyone about it.

I am quite certain an investigation will find troubles with that job...just a gut feeling, but a strong one. Where's the journalist with the chops to follow up on that one?!

There was some issue with the building going well over budget...but I never, ever heard the term "asbestos"...although I know for sure that is what that company was doing. I wonder if I took any pictures during that time...not likely, my stuff was all strewn about the BoHouse at the time. Don't even think I saw my camera for a year.

Cheers, this is getting good.

L.

O.

L.

The Freep has a picture on their electronic edition that shows Mullin in an almost saintly pose...for Jeff Gerritt's editorial, which I haven't read yet.

At that angle, I can see why Ficano wanted her as his "strong manager". He probably has whip scars on him...

http://detnews.com/article/20111101/METRO01/111010521/Airport-member--Recent-Mullin-transgressions-led-to-firing

I
    believe this, I think they have something on her that they have not or cannot reveal to the public - yet. They definitely didn't act without consultation or certainty that they are in the power position. Just wait, we will find out soon.

Geez, the Freep already deep-sixed that 'angelic' picture...I should've copied and pasted it here. At least a portion of it, to avoid the copyright police...

>Government is government whether your working in the state, local, county and federal or quasi form.

Um, no, no it's not. There are federal regulations that cover federal agencies. Local regulations cover local agencies. If the government of Wayne County was a federal agency then Obama would be in charge of appointing it's director. If Wayne County was a federal agency, it's budget would be set by congress. The Social Security Administration IS a federal agency. Wayne County is not.

Here is the section of US code that deals with severance:
    http://ecfr.gpoaccess.gov/cgi/t/text....2.72.7&idno=5

And here's the part that deals with who that covers [[the definition of 'Agency')
    http://law.justia.com/codes/us/title5/5usc5595.html

If you can show me the the federal statue that says this stuff applies to state, county, or city governments, or that local governments now fall under the heading of "Executive branch agency," I'd love to see it.

Anything that has to do with poltics, discussion and debate about how we shape nations and the communities is government. Making laws or abolish it, handling bureaucracies, announcing any declaration of war or creating peace treaties preventing civilian unrests is government.

Those laws that you have posted sets the standards for any government employees who recieves ot don't recieves severance pay. County government like Wayne County is a U.S.Government entity.

Local government, State government, and Federal government. All governmental structures in the United States is in its 'balance of power' meaning no other government is above all others. Thus preventing an over powering governmental structure that could disturb the civil liberties of the American People. Just the way Thomas Jefferson, George Washington, Benjamin Franklin, Samuel Addams and all of forethfathers set it up.

I took political science many years ago since middle school.
    Last edited by Danny; November-01-11 at 02:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Detwa View Post
    http://detnews.com/article/20111101/METRO01/111010521/Airport-member--Recent-Mullin-transgressions-led-to-firing

I
    believe this, I think they have something on her that they have not or cannot reveal to the public - yet. They definitely didn't act without consultation or certainty that they are in the power position. Just wait, we will find out soon.
    The Metro-Airport has the constitution right to fire any people who just stupid and unethical causes or no cause at all. Mullin took the government severance pay in which she is not allow to do. For the Metro-Airport is a corporate business competing against other local airports. U.S. government severence pay is meant for "thank-you for your service" check after being fired nothing esle. Mrs Mullin didn't get fired from county government. Therefore she is not allow to recieve that U.S. gov't severance check. If she have gotten fired or resign for U.S. government position and went to work for the Metro-Airport then she wouid get the severance check.

Here it is...

Name:  frontpage_11012011.jpg
Views: 515
Size:  31.9 KB

The Metro-Detroit Airport board has the right not to give Mrs. Mullin her $700,000 severance paycheck. She was greedy to accept a $200,000 U.S. Government severance check and took it which is violation of its policy. Hopefully she would lose the case in the flash and go with her life. You should be looking for another job fast Mrs. Mullin because your income is dissapearing fast.

Mrs Mullin has took the U.S. Government severance check like its some bank bailout money. That course Wayne County taxpayers $200,000 out of hard earn money.
    Last edited by Danny; November-02-11 at 09:13 AM.

Danny said:
    Anything that has to do with poltics, discussion and debate about how we shape nations and the communities is government. Making laws or abolish it, handling bureaucracies, announcing any declaration of war or creating peace treaties preventing civilian unrests is government.

There are divisions of government, each with it's own rules and regulations. It seems you are saying that there aren't.

Those laws that you have posted sets the standards for any government employees who recieves ot don't recieves severance pay. County government like Wayne County is a U.S.Government entity.

No, a county is not an entity of the US federal government, it's an governmental unit defined by the state. Counties mean different things in different states. Two states don't even have counties [[but they have something similar.)

Read the links I posted again. They clearly state that the statues on severance cover EXECUTIVE BRANCH AGENCIES. Here's a list of them from the executive branch's web site:

http://www.loc.gov/rr/news/fedgov.html

County/state/city governments are not on that list. County employees are not covered by these federal statutes. Neither are state or city employees. If you have proof that they are, beyond vague statements about how government works, produce a link to it, please, as everything I've read about the structure of the federal and state governments is wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Gannon View Post
    Here it is...

Name:  frontpage_11012011.jpg
Views: 515
Size:  31.9 KB
    The image is fitting since the woman in question said openly that she deserved the money.

I like this line from John Bennett.
    Mullin's termination is very telling because it speaks to her arrogance and from her own mouth a since of entitlement that says I'm not leaving, not I haven't done anything wrong. She would rather drag the County through a legal fight and further scrutiny from the media and feds instead of just leaving.

No, a county is not an entity of the US federal government, it's an governmental unit defined by the state. Counties mean different things in different states. Two states don't even have counties [[but they have something similar.)

Read the links I posted again. They clearly state that the statues on severance cover EXECUTIVE BRANCH AGENCIES. Here's a list of them from the executive branch's web site:

http://www.loc.gov/rr/news/fedgov.html

County/state/city governments are not on that list. County employees are not covered by these federal statutes. Neither are state or city employees. If you have proof that they are, beyond vague statements about how government works, produce a link to it, please, as everything I've read about the structure of the federal and state governments is wrong.

Like I wrote to you, before. Anything that deals laws, abolish laws, handling certian bureacracies, deling with foreign affairs and war and diplomacies, civilar affiars is government. State Federal and local. they all connected when needed. When you a gov't employee severance pay depends when you get fired! not by just quitting your job and move on somplace esle. Those list they you posted deals with rules and regulations of U.S.serverance pay and its downgraded into simplist terms:

Severance pay was instituted to help protect the newly unemployed. Sometimes, they may be offered for people who resign, regardless of the circumstances; or are fired. Policies for severance packages are often found in a company's employee handbook, and in many countries are subject to strict government regulation. Severance contracts often stipulate that the employee will not sue the employer for wrongful dismissal or attempt to collect on unemployment benefits, and that if the employee does so, then they must return the severance money.
    Severance agreements are more than just a "thank you" payment from an employer. They could prevent an employee from working for a competitor and waive any right to possibly pursue a legal claim against the former employer. Also, an employee may be giving up the right to seek unemployment compesation. It is important to review a severance agreement carefully and contact an employment attorney to assist with the review.

That is the main rule. of what these long line of U.S. severance packages mean.

Quote Originally Posted by R8RBOB View Post
    The image is fitting since the woman in question said openly that she deserved the money.

It does appear to be a money shot, doesn't it?!

Quote Originally Posted by Gannon View Post
    It does appear to be a money shot, doesn't it?!
    That picture said: "stop hatin' bitches"

On the real, I bet when Turkia Mullin saw the front page of the Free Press and caught her face looking defiance and arrogant, all she had to say is "Nice"

So... How and why is she in the wrong for accepting 200K severance? Her severance from the airport was 3 times that. Someone fill me in please.

Danny & the others, as I remember reading through all this from the various sources, there is a state statute that prohibits gov't employees from getting any compensation above & beyond what's in their contract/the unit of gov't's payplan/the unit of gov't's civil service rules, etc. Essentially, while at Wayne Co, she was paid according to the exec service pay plan. That's all she's legally entitile to get, her base pay. No bonus, no commission, no severance. I think this is part of why the Airport Board dismissed her.

The Airport Authority had nothing to do with her severance from the County. Even if it's determined that her severance violated state law, that's a legal issue that would have to be determined in a court. How does that give the Authority a basis to fire her?

..maybe she'll pose for Maxim after this? Hmm...

Quote Originally Posted by jackie5275 View Post
    No bonus, no commission, no severance. I think this is part of why the Airport Board dismissed her.
    They dismissed her because her former employer screwed up her compensation package? That's the part I don't understand. If she was involved in some kickbacks or something, that's one thing, but if her old boss broke the rules in giving her a severance package, how is that her fault?

They dismissed her because her former employer screwed up her compensation package? That's the part I don't understand. If she was involved in some kickbacks or something, that's one thing, but if her old boss broke the rules in giving her a severance package, how is that her fault?
    I have been following your post and you keep saying "how is that her fault?" Ms. Mullin is a lawyer. She is no dummy. You don't get a severance for "quitting" a job. The $200,000 was a sweetheart deal and she was well aware of it. Now if you or I was placed in the same position as Ms. Mullin and someone was ready to hand me a check for $200,000, we would both take it because it is $200,000. If Robert Ficano had went into his personal account and paid Turkia Mullin the money then it's all good but he used taxpayers money to give her a sweetheart deal and that was not going to fly.

Danny... you constantly and consistently sound like a liberal d-bag. Nuts never dropped huh? softer than baby thigh

Quote Originally Posted by jackie5275 View Post
    Danny & the others, as I remember reading through all this from the various sources, there is a state statute that prohibits gov't employees from getting any compensation above & beyond what's in their contract/the unit of gov't's payplan/the unit of gov't's civil service rules, etc. Essentially, while at Wayne Co, she was paid according to the exec service pay plan. That's all she's legally entitile to get, her base pay. No bonus, no commission, no severance. I think this is part of why the Airport Board dismissed her.
    Good for you, jackie. You have follow along with the U.S. Government severance pay rule law and I agree.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast