Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Under the bus she must go perhaps... Wait?! Are there any buses running for the deed? It might take an hour or two! --------

Quote Originally Posted by MikeyinBrooklyn View Post
    I don't know too much about Kim Worthy
    Rumor had it last election that she was considering a run at County Executive. Maybe she'll give it try next time around.

Quote Originally Posted by jackie5275 View Post
    Rumor had it last election that she was considering a run at County Executive. Maybe she'll give it try next time around.
    Kym Worthy has garnered a lot of respect not only in Wayne County, but all of Michigan [[not that it matters). She stood up to the Kilpatrick machine, and never wavered.

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    Kym Worthy has garnered a lot of respect not only in Wayne County, but all of Michigan [[not that it matters). She stood up to the Kilpatrick machine, and never wavered.
    Gman I mostly agree with you. While respect from the rest of Michigan won't matter much for her election, it will do wonders when it comes to initiatives like regional transit and support for Detroit-based cultural institutions. When people in Oakland and Macomb Counties- to say nothing of further out in Michigan- look at Kwame and Ficano they have to ask themselves, "why the F*** would we join up with that?" If Kim Worthy is an honest and efficient public servant, and she were elected CE, it will be more enticing to Wayne County's neighbors, let alone better for it's citizens.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    Under the bus she must go perhaps... Wait?! Are there any buses running for the deed? It might take an hour or two! --------

Ol' Snidely Ficano'd just tie her up like Nell Fenwick. Heck, in the Do-Right saga, Whiplash had to wait for the next train!

ROTFL! First check to see if Amtrak is still in service, they may have gone under as we speak!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gannon View Post
    Ol' Snidely Ficano'd just tie her up like Nell Fenwick. Heck, in the Do-Right saga, Whiplash had to wait for the next train!

Is she gonna get out in time to qualify for her golden parachute before any real charges are brought that would prevent her from getting it? If they found her guilty after she is let go could they go after her to get it back? Or would she already be moved to Lebanon?

A former Wayne County employee, who was fired by embattled former economic development director Turkia Awada Mullin, has filed suit against her in Wayne County Circuit Court, saying she asked him to divert money from a federal program designed to help low-income communities into a nonprofit agency Mullin headed.
    http://www.freep.com/article/2011103...text|FRONTPAGE

[Mullin] asked him to divert money from a federal program designed to help low-income communities into a nonprofit agency Mullin headed.
    100% believable based off of everything that's coming to light.

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    Meh. I like Kym Worthy some. She thought her whole term was going to be a simple one, releasing a stream of press releases about gun violence and running buy-backs. Then the Kilpatrick thing fell into her lap. She works for the county, and has to deal with disengaged city voters and highly engaged voters from Livonia, Dearborn, Downriver, Romulus, Canton, etc. No, I don't think I'm going to pat her on the back too much for how she handled KK. She knew what she had to do to distance herself from them and score points with the voters.

For instance, what did she do about Karen Plants and Mary Waterstone for all the years we knew about that fiasco? Nothing. And she should be ashamed of that. No statements about wrongs, just constantly putting off comment until those cases are resolved. Not too cool, Kym.

Let's not forget that Worthy made her name in the trial of Walter Budzyn and Larry Nevers, two cops convicted of beating Malice Green. While she did go after Kilpatrick, a lot of folks are not going to be keen on a cop prosecutor. Just sayin'

Default She's gone... Turkia Mullin fired by Wayne County Airport Authority

I hope that the Airport Board hires someone more on the up and up. Also, all contracts- with both staff and businesses- should be posted online before the start of the contract. That way, the taxpayers would have a chance to review them [[and the media, and competing businesses, etc).

I don't take pleasure in seeing this woman's career destroyed. I hope she can have a reputable career as a lawyer, although there have been reports of ethical shortcomings on that front [[see Charlie LeDuff's report on Channel 2). But you reap what you sow... I wish her luck if she can keep her nose clean.

On another note: there should be no public contracts with enormous severance packages, and no severance should EVER be paid if you leave on your own accord, leave to take a higher paying gov't job, or have any ethical charges against you. On this last point, if you are exonerated, you should keep your job and it's pay. If you're not, you should lose it all. Some reporter should go through every public contract in Wayne County and see if any are like her County or Airport contracts.

http://www.freep.com/article/2011103...text|FRONTPAGE

The Wayne County Airport Authority just voted to fire controversial CEO Turkia Mullin.

The firing passed by a 5-2 vote. Voting for the firing were Renee Axt, Suzanne Hall, Bernard Parker, Mary Zuckerman, Charlie Williams. Samuel Nouhan and Mike Jackson voted to keep her.
    Nouhan argued Mullin did not violate her contract with the airport.

There should be no golden parachutes regardless of whether it is private or public sector.

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitPlanner View Post
    There should be no golden parachutes regardless of whether it is private or public sector.
    Don't totally agree on the private sector. If it is a privately held firm, they can do whatever they want with their money. If it is owned by stockholders, there should be no severance package that isn't fully approved by shareholders. If I were a shareholder, I wouldn't sign on to one. But if X company's shareholders do, well, that's their own foolishness. I don't believe in preventing people from making bad decisions with their own money; I believe in preventing people from making bad decisions with my money.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeyinBrooklyn View Post
    I don't take pleasure in seeing this woman's career destroyed. I hope she can have a reputable career as a lawyer, although there have been reports of ethical shortcomings on that front [[see Charlie LeDuff's report on Channel 2). But you reap what you sow... I wish her luck if she can keep her nose clean.
    I don't agree. From what I've seen and read this woman is dirty dirty dirty. She's a Kilpatrick-esqe scammer. She and her friends go around screwing the public and also private individuals where ever they can to accumulate money.

I have a feeling this is all going the same way as Kwame.

Quote Originally Posted by 48091 View Post
    I don't agree. From what I've seen and read this woman is dirty dirty dirty. She's a Kilpatrick-esqe scammer. She and her friends go around screwing the public and also private individuals where ever they can to accumulate money.

I have a feeling this is all going the same way as Kwame.
    Yep. She's up to no good, and the sad thing is she is not going to pay for it, she'll get the golden parachute because too many important folks are involved. The old familiar stuff.

[QUOTE=48091;281413]I don't agree. From what I've seen and read this woman is dirty dirty dirty. She's a Kilpatrick-esqe scammer. She and her friends go around screwing the public and also private individuals where ever they can to accumulate money.

I have a feeling this is all going the same way as Kwame.[/QUOTE

Don't get me wrong, I want her punished fully for all criminal wrongdoing, and if she has ethic lapses in her role as an attorney, she should be brought before the bar for sanctions. But I don't take pleasure in her having to go through it, on a human level. Her actions should have their legal consequences, whatever they are. And she did bring such humiliation on herself. But when my uncle John went to jail for writing bad checks, it was still wrenching for our family, including him. I favored his punishment [[actually, it would have benefitted him, in retrospect, to spend more time in jail), but I felt bad that he had to go through it.

Cha Ching. Cha Ching.
    Reminds one of the ghost of Mr. McNamara, which is not easily exorcised, is it?

Quote Originally Posted by Bobl View Post
    Cha Ching. Cha Ching.
    Reminds one of the ghost of Mr. McNamara, which is not easily exorcised, is it?
    Not even 10 years after he left office, and Big Ed's machine has the wheels coming off it.

`My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
    Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!'

Default Turkia Mullin fired by Wayne County Airport Authority

Admin thread for merging threads. Ignore.

The Freep headline is dead on stating that the board that hired her should be next to go.

Hmmn, I wondered when someone was gonna bring that up.....
    Quote Originally Posted by downtownguy View Post
    Let's not forget that Worthy made her name in the trial of Walter Budzyn and Larry Nevers, two cops convicted of beating Malice Green. While she did go after Kilpatrick, a lot of folks are not going to be keen on a cop prosecutor. Just sayin'

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast