I congratulate you for your efforts, We have the same problem on Lafayette infront of the townhouses and 1300 for several years now,, Its very dangerous at night . There is a lot of foot traffice in this area so the danger element is there as well as many people walking around across the street in the dark , wearing dark clothing with many cars travelling in both directions, On several occasions I almost hit people in the middle of the street as I couldnt even see them.
Last night I was trying to cross lafayette towards Greektwon at rivard, with the pedestrian signal for me and I almost got hit by 4 cars, none of them stopped turning right. Its really crazy. The city does nothing, Our building has been trying to get this resolved for years, with a lame excuse every year. The only time they miraculously discovered the lights was the weekend of superbowl, they somehow discovered the system to turn them on, for years they told us they couldnt figure it out. We need to do something also, This is a very busy , viable area and its just plain dangerous with so much traffic everywhere flying around, both foot and car. The city says they cant afford to fix anything now, yet if someone is killed they will sue the city for millions, like they can afford that now.