Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

I sent the link for the petition to a friend that lives in the area and he said he saw a bunch of trucks from the lighting department in the area on Sunday. Not sure if they actually fixed anything or not.

Quote Originally Posted by bike4beer View Post
    I sent the link for the petition to a friend that lives in the area and he said he saw a bunch of trucks from the lighting department in the area on Sunday. Not sure if they actually fixed anything or not.
    They came after they paved Prentis. Fixed a single fucking streetlight on Prentis west of 2nd. Forest West of 2nd is dark, 2nd Ave between Warren and Canfield is completely dead dark[[0, absolute 0 streetlights work). If you want anything to get done in this city, you gotta bitch and complain. Cause they don't do what they're suppose to do, they just do things so you'll shut the fuck up. If the streetlights are out in your hood, post you petition here, I'll sign it, please sign this one too. Thank you!

Default Lights out- :afayette Park

I congratulate you for your efforts, We have the same problem on Lafayette infront of the townhouses and 1300 for several years now,, Its very dangerous at night . There is a lot of foot traffice in this area so the danger element is there as well as many people walking around across the street in the dark , wearing dark clothing with many cars travelling in both directions, On several occasions I almost hit people in the middle of the street as I couldnt even see them.
    Last night I was trying to cross lafayette towards Greektwon at rivard, with the pedestrian signal for me and I almost got hit by 4 cars, none of them stopped turning right. Its really crazy. The city does nothing, Our building has been trying to get this resolved for years, with a lame excuse every year. The only time they miraculously discovered the lights was the weekend of superbowl, they somehow discovered the system to turn them on, for years they told us they couldnt figure it out. We need to do something also, This is a very busy , viable area and its just plain dangerous with so much traffic everywhere flying around, both foot and car. The city says they cant afford to fix anything now, yet if someone is killed they will sue the city for millions, like they can afford that now.

BUMP -- please sign French's petition!

http://www.change.org/petitions/city...-to-warren-ave

Default Thank You

Thank you all very much for signing. I don't exactly know how, but a reporter from the Detroit News wishes to speak with me about the petition, I'll post the article, if it ends up in the newspaper.

To those who thought I was trying to take resources from other neighborhoods, I think you all are completely right, in a sense that in fact, no neighborhood should have preference over another, we are all tax paying citizens in one way or another. Yet, for Midtown, these are students being robbed at alarming rates. I know that students shouldn't be granted any more priorities than elderly or anyone else, but these students [[including myself) are here at WSU to hopefully try and make Detroit a better place, even if its just a small positive gesture, thus hopefully that will create a positive domino effect upon other areas of the city.

Up to 61 signatures total for Print, and Online as of 10am, Nov. 3rd.