Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Thread: 30 Clifford St.

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by cramerro View Post
    You are correct, and the left one is much worse. To add to the visual impact, the fact that the first floor facade includes the 1-2 foot 'jut' out to the right side makes you feel like the whole bottom got shifted off center from the gables. I would have made that extra first floor piece visually separte from the rest of the first floor facade...

I'm just glad its a bar. When i first saw it in its recent state I throught for sure it would be a strip club, what with the smaller first floor windows and small door opening.
    Hmm guess they are off, crappy. And yeah if it was a strip club I'd protest or something... the other one near by is bad enough. And on another note... I was disappointed to see the sides of the new 30 clifford facade has been spray painted "tagged" already!

Way back in the 50's, there were 3 pizza places to go to after being at a movie downtown, there was Famous, across from the Fox, LaLanterna's, on Griswold
    and there was Luigi's and if I'm remembering right, I believe it was in this very building. Is anyone out there old enough to remember where Luigi's was
    located?