Detroit River Fishing

The Great Detroit Flood of 2014 resulted from the second largest downpour in Detroit history. It closed several expressways and poured into thousands of Metro Detroit basements. The 4.72 inches of rain was the highest daily recorded rainfall since July 31, 1925, when 4.74 inches of rain fell. What went wrong? Could it have been prevented?

READ MORE »

New? Join DetroitYES»

DISCUSSING ALL THINGS DETROIT-WINDSOR SINCE 1999

ENJOY DETROITYES?

AND HAVE ADS REMOVED DETAILS »

Default Florence Crittenton Maternity Home & Hospital Detroit

Does anyone know when this home burned down? Are there pictures of it to be found, BEFORE the fire! And would anyone know what happened to all the records and files they had? Did they get burnt up too? Trying to search for my son I was made to give up adoption for. He was born 08/11/64/ at Crittenton Hosiptal. His birth hame was Steven Daniel Johnson. He was removed from me when he was about two weeks old.
    Thanks for any help!~

Default Florence Crittenton

Thanks..........appreciate it!

Apparently nothing of significance occured at Crittenton between 1900 and 1965.

Quote Originally Posted by douglasm View Post

Quote Originally Posted by IrishSpartan View Post
    Apparently nothing of significance occured at Crittenton between 1900 and 1965.
    However in 2006 a Starbucks opened at the hospital!

There is a website for uniting families from the Florence Crittenton Maternity homes. Follow the link it lists all state where the Florence Crittenton Homes were located. Good Luck.

http://www.florencecrittentonhome.com/stateinfo.html

It burnt? I thought it was closed, then demolished.

Medical records from old Crittenton can be found in Rochester.

Default Here is where the adoptee/birth parent registry is located for Crittenton Detroit Mic

Quote Originally Posted by ibegoodnow View Post
    Does anyone know when this home burned down? Are there pictures of it to be found, BEFORE the fire! And would anyone know what happened to all the records and files they had? Did they get burnt up too? Trying to search for my son I was made to give up adoption for. He was born 08/11/64/ at Crittenton Hosiptal. His birth hame was Steven Daniel Johnson. He was removed from me when he was about two weeks old.
    Thanks for any help!~
    http://www.florencecrittentonhome.com/stateinfo.html for informtaion on how to proceed in Detroit. and here, to register:
    http://www.florencecrittentonhome.co...trySearch.aspx
    Good luck with your search. Don't give up!

Default Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by douglasm View Post

Thank you for the link!

I beg to differ with you. My son was born August 11, 1964! Not to mention all the other babies who are very significant to their families.

Thank you for the info. I have already been in touch with them.

Thanks to all who responded. I found my son with the help of search angels, no fee!