Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Red Pelican Hot Mustard is back

Bought a jar of Red Pelican Mustard at Hollywood Market. It was the only jar on the shelf. The label says our grandfather's recipe with a Grosse Pointe MI address. Anyone know anything else?

Did it have the same label and logo?

OMG can't wait to find it

Is a website listed???

That was the only mustard in our house growing up.

This place looks like the sell it wholesale. might want to call and ask. It's near the bottom of the list, 24 9 oz. squeeze bottles.

http://www.rosellifoods.com/condimentsanddressings.html

I thought that Red Pelican had been bought out by Dearborn Sausage Co some time back?

Preserve, I was just going to mention that. I've bought the Dearborn brand spicy mustard in a jar and it tastes just like Red Pelican

Mustard is disgusting!

What is the Grosse Pointe address?

Stromberg2

I looked for a website could not findone. there is a facebook with the name but says it is not finished? the logo is the same though the cap is not painted like the ole days BUT it sure is darn tasty!

Default aka "Belgian Mustard"

previous discussion including some history-
    http://atdetroit.net/forum/messages/...tml?1209668557

I got some this past Saturday at Village Mkt. in GP. Tastes as good as ever. The grandkids are now making it.

Picked up a jar at Westborn.

Wonder if they are making it here, or if they are using a third-party to follow the an old recipe.

Like Velet Peanut Butter does.

Bring back JohnTurnbull's English Mustard!

Just saw it at Polish Market at Maple & Dequindre.

^^
    The above picture makes it seem like Red Pelican is like Frenchs. The jar I recently bought has crushed mustard seed in it, not at all like a ballpark mustard. Were there 2 different kinds?

Stromberg2

Quote Originally Posted by 48091 View Post
    Mustard is disgusting!
    Yes it is.

It is interesting to look at grocery shelves-- it tells a lot about a town. I was in Florida last month and noticed shelf upon shelf of barbecue sauce. In Seattle, it is salsa. Here-- whole shelves of mustard. And if you go up to Traverse City, even MORE shelves of mustard.

Mustard is NOT disgusting. What else are you going to put on your pretzels? When I was a kid I put it on toast.

Quote Originally Posted by Parkguy View Post
    It is interesting to look at grocery shelves-- it tells a lot about a town. I was in Florida last month and noticed shelf upon shelf of barbecue sauce. In Seattle, it is salsa. Here-- whole shelves of mustard. And if you go up to Traverse City, even MORE shelves of mustard.

Mustard is NOT disgusting. What else are you going to put on your pretzels? When I was a kid I put it on toast.

I eat my pretzels nekkid....

^^
    Now that must be interesting!

Stromberg2

The hot mustard now comes in a squeeze bottle instead of the glass jar. The squeeze bottle sucks!

They switched to the plastic squeeze bottle about a year ago. I just keep refilling my glass jar.