Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Premium ultra lounge

This place is a MESS. Last weekend, I was sleeping at 4am, and woke u p to gun shots. I ran out on my balcony and saw peoPle running out of the bar. It is located across Grand River, from Rosa Parks bus depot. Right behind my apartment building, Washington Square Apartments.

I have lived here for about a year and a half now, and have been awoken from several gun shots from this bar. Just like LAX and Mandees, I may have to take a more involved approach to this bar, in order to help it get under control.

Right now, it is after 3am. I am not tired, so thought I would sit on my balcony and have a snack before bed. 3 cars full of people have pulled up to go into the club. I cannot see the front of the bar from my balcony, but can definitely hear everyone. I am just WAITING for another altercation. Makes me very uneasy. Anyone else familiar with this club?

Just got in after our night at PUL, night was great until some guy from the apartment next door started yelling about everyone spoiling his Fruity Peebles. Someone should tell him to wear underwear under his robe.

When I worked at Linwood and Virginia Park, we would hear gunshots during the workday occasionally. Guess what? We didn't run to look out the windows, we hit the deck.

I'm 18 floors up around the corner from the bar, in a concrete balcony. If I see someone dying in the street, I would like to call someone to help. Obviously, if I were down there, i would be hitting the floors or running as well

It's important to remember that these things happen in all major cities constantly. In fact, when I staying in downtown Chicago last spring, there was a drive-by shooting at the Cheesecake Factory in broad daylight, and a vicious gunfight at the Elephant and Castle. Everyone on Michigan Ave is packing these days - you never know when something might happen outside of the Disney Store.

Yes. I know these things are going to happen. I just wish bars down here had to follow SOME sort of set of rules. 4am is clearly after closing time. Just like LAX, who was allowed to operate without a liquor license. I'm just saying that if they enforced any laws at these places, maybe it would help prevent so many late night shootings in the city.

LAX was brought to the city's attention. Any new news from that place? Is it still operating? And has it been under control lately?

Coaches Corner gets packed with the meathead/loudmouth crowd on Thursday, without fail. About 300 guys competing over 5-10 scantily clad 19-year olds. When the bar lets out at 2AM, Harmonie Park turns into a warzone with fights breaking out everywhere, yelling, screaming, cars peeling out. It lasts for a good 40-60 minutes. I've called the cops before with only moans and groans from the operator, and never see a patrol car come. It's insane. If the cops even just sat outside the club for 10 minutes at closing time, everyone would leave right away without incident. I don't leave my place or come home between 1:30 and 2:45... just too crazy.

PS - I hate to say it but a lot of the fights seem racially charged. It's Arabs vs. Blacks, Latinos vs. Blacks, White vs. Black etc. I heard a guy scream "white power" a few nights ago, and no one challenged him, just blank stares from the college-aged types all around. The black guys were greatly outnumbered by the white jocks & latinos. Disgusting scene.

This is where the Taste Bar used to be. What I can't understand is: if the club is serving alcohol, then how is it drawing a crowd at three and four in the morning when it should be closing at two? Is this an illegal after hours joint or an 18 and over joint that doesn't serve alcohol? I don't know what is the appropriate closing time is for and 18 and over club.

And, GSgeorge, the question I wonder about regarding those racially charged fights you're talking about is this, "Is it the blacks hating the Arabs, Latinos, and whites?" Or is it the Arabs, Latinos, and whites hating the blacks? Seriously, I think the problem stems from gangsta wannabes from all races wanting to cause trouble because that's what excites them.