Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

No shots should have been fired at anyone period. Never mind defending the child that way. I just hope she didnt actually shoot at anyone. I wonder about the folks who on other threads seem appalled by the violence and shooting going on and then sanction this kind of behavior on an either/or basis. Just get rid of the idea that guns will solve your problems will ya?

Buy American Guest

Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post
    No shots should have been fired at anyone period. Never mind defending the child that way. I just hope she didnt actually shoot at anyone. I wonder about the folks who on other threads seem appalled by the violence and shooting going on and then sanction this kind of behavior on an either/or basis. Just get rid of the idea that guns will solve your problems will ya?
    Looks like our beliefs are the minority canuck....It's a lost cause, especially here in the Detroit area. Guns are the new form of communication....just last night a 2 year old toddler was shot in the head and its' become so common that there's no outrage there. Just outrage for some reckless mother who obviously knows someone in high places.

Quote Originally Posted by Buy American View Post
    just last night a 2 year old toddler was shot in the head and its' become so common that there's no outrage there. Just outrage for some reckless mother who obviously knows someone in high places.
    These two things are obviously related.
    1) Allegations that a woman fired a gun while DPD was attempting to break into her home without any lawful authority to do so.
    2) Drive by shooting of yet another small child.

Quote Originally Posted by Buy American View Post
    The above is a very petty statement.

It doesn't matter WHO she fired the gun at does it...the outcome could have been the same, a dead CPS worker or a dead police officer.

No proof was given that a shot was fired in court. Civilian witnesses states that Ms. Godboldo never fire a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post
    Tell that to the criminals that carjack.

If guns aren't the answer, and MG shouldn't have used one, than that means the cops and SWAT that showed up to illegally take her kid shouldnt have had them either, right?

I can only say that much of what I've skimmed across on this thread sickens me. Child protective services if for just that, protecting the well being of children. People don't believe that a door can be kicked in when it concerns the well being of a child?

She won? What she did was get away with a crime, pure and simple. Had she killed somebody, she would have been charged, and most likely found guilty of murder.

Police were there simply to SUPPORT child protective services. We don'thave access to their cases, we get a 2 minutes summary of the situation, and are there to make sure some idiot doesn't go off the handle when they attempt to do their job. This lady obviously has a past history with CPS, as they don't come to take your child after one simple offense. When they find a consistant pattern, that's when they intervene in the interest of the child.

This is a fine example of why so many on the job do the bare minimum. These officers, all of which I know and have worked with, put their lifes on the line day in and day out. When we read comments which pat some nut job on the back after attempting to kill officers and CPS workers, its downright sickening. Warning shot? What the hell is that? A warning shot would have been fired into the air. When you knowingly fire a shot at somebody, even on the other side of a door, that is assault with intent to murder.

I won't be getting into some long, drawn out discussion on this topic, as I've spoke my mind. It's nice to know that there is one more idiot out there that slipped through the cracks of our justice system, who won't think twice about making my wife a widow and my daughter fatherless.

Quote Originally Posted by Supersport View Post
    I can only say that much of what I've skimmed across on this thread sickens me. Child protective services if for just that, protecting the well being of children. People don't believe that a door can be kicked in when it concerns the well being of a child?

She won? What she did was get away with a crime, pure and simple. Had she killed somebody, she would have been charged, and most likely found guilty of murder.

Police were there simply to SUPPORT child protective services. We don'thave access to their cases, we get a 2 minutes summary of the situation, and are there to make sure some idiot doesn't go off the handle when they attempt to do their job. This lady obviously has a past history with CPS, as they don't come to take your child after one simple offense. When they find a consistant pattern, that's when they intervene in the interest of the child.

This is a fine example of why so many on the job do the bare minimum. These officers, all of which I know and have worked with, put their lifes on the line day in and day out. When we read comments which pat some nut job on the back after attempting to kill officers and CPS workers, its downright sickening. Warning shot? What the hell is that? A warning shot would have been fired into the air. When you knowingly fire a shot at somebody, even on the other side of a door, that is assault with intent to murder.

I won't be getting into some long, drawn out discussion on this topic, as I've spoke my mind. It's nice to know that there is one more idiot out there that slipped through the cracks of our justice system, who won't think twice about making my wife a widow and my daughter fatherless.
    My recommendation to Chief Godbee is to provide Police Officers with continual training on state laws, legal procedure, due process and a legitimate search warrant and read like.

"We the People" have rights.
    We have constitutional rights which a quite few of your collegues does not have a clue which results in million$ in lawsuits.

I admonish police officer for doing their jobs to protect the citizens. But, Police Officers must do their duty withing the confines of the law and the US Constitiution.

Quote Originally Posted by Supersport View Post

Totally agree with you Supersport. I am not a defender of all police behavior, but the idea that you can OK the kind of nutty violence that some peddle as an unelianable right makes me sick. If indeed she did shoot at police after she refused to open the door, it was a senseless act of violence. Like I say, when you are summoned or accosted by a police officer, you stfu, and listen what he or she has to say. Then you discuss the matter. If you cant answer the door and need to provoke a shootout in order to protect your daughter, you belong in a nuthouse or prison.

This is a fact-free discussion. All we know is that a judge agreed it wasn't a valid warrant.

I'm not as comfortable defending CPS, the police, or any other authority without more information. There's enough evidence to be skeptical.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3