Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by BVos View Post
    I live in GPP. I was getting Ch 9 in OK when it was analog OTA. Now I don't get it at all. My tuner says it doesn't even see a signal for Ch 9. Any tips on how to improve my reception? I use an indoor antenna and get great reception on 2-7, 56 & 62 [[don't get any other ones, but who cares about those ch. anyways).
    AntennaWeb shows you're only about [[aboot?) 10 miles away from the channel 9 transmitter. Something is probably blocking your line of sight. A low gain antenna on your chimney aimed straight due west should pick up all the Southfield channels [[2/4/7/20/50/56) along with channel 9.

Bvos,

Run your channel scan in the tuner/tv setup menu again.

Right now, your tuner is looking for analog Channel 9, now that they've gone high def you need to 'retrain' it to look for a digital signal instead. Your tuner will still read Channel 9 on its display, or more likely 9.1 or 9-1...but it isn't 'seeing' the same signal through the airwaves.

This station is one of the very few that use the same slot in the channel range...most are way up in the UHF range. For instance, Channel 7 is actually now broadcast way up at Channel 41, and the tuner reads the PSIP [[Program and System Information Protocol) and adjusts the display to continue showing us 7.1 or on some sets 7-1. The fractions indicate there are co-broadcasts from the same station, using the bandwidth for additional programming.

Cheers!

I used Antenna Web when selecting an antenna to buy a few months ago and it said a small indoor, multi-directional antenna would get all the channels.

I did rescan my channels. I knew to start there. And 9 is selected as digital, but still no signal. I'm curiously getting 32 in now [[didn't get anything on that channel with analog before). I'll have to play around with my antenna and rescan a few times and see what I get. Antenna Web.org says to go more west. We'll see what happens. Hope to be able to watch Hockey Night in Canada in digital this season!

Had to go more SW than west but finally got it in! Also had to get the antenna away from the thick brick of the fireplace. Don Cherry in HD, here we go!

Yay!

The construction of the older home stock in metro Detroit can be quite the effective filter.

We had to go with a roof-mounted antenna in GPP, luckily my honey's home has two flat sections of roof. I'm on the lower one now...but will be going to the higher one before winter. I couldn't find my spool of RG-6...

Cheers

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3