Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7

I have entered this topic late, and I don't claim to be an expert on the issue, but it would seem that Detroit has mostly/only always had small local neighborhood gangs who worked in tiny, restricted areas - sometimes just their own street or block.

So, it wasn't like the big coastal gangs such as the Crips or Bloods, who were structured and organized and massive, with defence lawyers on speed-dial.

From what I can gather, Detroit is indeed seen as very different to other US cities - much harder [[and more dangerous) to infiltrate by anyone wanting to move in and begin hustling.

Why that is, I don't know. There's probably better cities for any self-respecting gangbangers to operate out of, anyway. If it's true that working the streets of Detroit is harder than anywhere else, the gangs know this and look for easier pickings and profits.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    After I got divorced my son got involved with a gang,you know what it took to get him out ?

A bunch of rednecks with overwhelming firepower,because that is the only thing they understand.

You make assumptions about others life experiences when you do not have a clue and as proud of you are of your wannabe gangs,they would not last 5 minutes in other cities,outside of structured gangs the rest are wannabe thugs that thrive on intimidation and bullying innocents they end up dead or in prison before the age of 25 as a rule.
    If you knew anything about local Detroit crews you would know is that Detroit crews are known to venture into other cities and take over towns. Toledo, Columbus, Dayton, South Bend, Lima, Ft. Wayne, Youngstown, Portsmouth, etc.

I dont believe anything you say because either way you are still on the outside looking in, I live here and deal with these issues daily. Why would we need a gang war to restore normalcy when we don't have a major "gang" issue? And where in the city have you ever seen rednecks with overwhelming firepower? more lies!

If true, what "gang" did your son get involved in?

Quote Originally Posted by night-timer View Post
    I have entered this topic late, and I don't claim to be an expert on the issue, but it would seem that Detroit has mostly/only always had small local neighborhood gangs who worked in tiny, restricted areas - sometimes just their own street or block.

So, it wasn't like the big coastal gangs such as the Crips or Bloods, who were structured and organized and massive, with defence lawyers on speed-dial.

From what I can gather, Detroit is indeed seen as very different to other US cities - much harder [[and more dangerous) to infiltrate by anyone wanting to move in and begin hustling.

Why that is, I don't know. There's probably better cities for any self-respecting gangbangers to operate out of, anyway. If it's true that working the streets of Detroit is harder than anywhere else, the gangs know this and look for easier pickings and profits.
    True,

Because most "out of town" gangs infiltrate and influence their youth who want a sense of belonging. Kids in many major cities like Chicago, NY, LA, etc. lack strong male influences and are easily influenced to join gangs based on having sense of family. Detroit is different. Our youth in the city are only influenced by money, and gangs don't pay enough for young Detroiters. Organized gangs that tried to do business here either got ran out or quickly fell apart due to everyone trying to "snake" each other out of funds.

What about brotherhood? Detroit has the mentality of: The only brothers I need are Grant, Jackson, and Benjamin Franklin.

Quote Originally Posted by Sehv313 View Post
    If you knew anything about local Detroit crews you would know is that Detroit crews are known to venture into other cities and take over towns. Toledo, Columbus, Dayton, South Bend, Lima, Ft. Wayne, Youngstown, Portsmouth, etc.

I dont believe anything you say because either way you are still on the outside looking in, I live here and deal with these issues daily. Why would we need a gang war to restore normalcy when we don't have a major "gang" issue? And where in the city have you ever seen rednecks with overwhelming firepower? more lies!

If true, what "gang" did your son get involved in?
    Well bully for you,you have the meanest gangs in the world living in Detroit and nobody else in the world could possibly experience what you live with daily.

Clearly you do not have a clue about the difference between a structured gang and a bunch of wannabe thugs calling themselves a gang.

The question was who are they,pretty easy to find out.

• Bounty Hunter Bloods
    • Avon Gangsters
    • Seven Mile Bloods
    • Hustle Boys
    • East Warren
    • Six Mile Chedda
    • Gutta Boys
    • Maxout 220
    • BossHogs
    • Hustle Hard
    • Norton Shores
    • Young and Scandalous
    • Latin Counts
    • Vice Lords
    • Latin Kings
    • Playboy Gangster Crips
    • Smokecamp
    • The other question was,how do you get rid of them ?

The answer still is,you cannot

But a structured gang has less impact on the community then a thug gang,you believing me or not has zero relevance on the discussion.

But you do get a gold star for living amongst the gangs and dealing with them on a daily basis in a city that has a housing situation where you can easily remove yourself from the immediate situation,but you sound more like a cheerleader for them then somebody interested in a discussion.

You do not fit into the equation of how do you get rid of them,because you do not have the stomach for it,outside of that,they are not exactly the brightest bulbs in the package,so you let them take each other out in a war in order for the structured ones to gain power and dominate,then you can pick at them.

As a rule structured gangs are not out there posting things on tic tack or Instagram because they are not that stupid to draw the heat of the feds on them and they are not being little wanna be terrorists against innocents.

You are a part of the problem while pushing the,Detroit is the baddest MF city in the world where things happen that happen no where else in the world,and we take pride in that.

Detroit is a mentor for other gangs across the country,once again there is a level of pride in that statement.

What is Detroit? A Harvard of sorts for aspiring gang members across the country ?

I watched LEO from every agency available in the state including the feds block off every street in a development of over 25,000 homes while covering every sq inch rooting out and rounding up every single gang member,as soon as they left,the gangs came back.

They have always been a part of society,contain and control.

I would buy tickets in order to watch,like you say,Detroit gangs have branches in other cities,as they try and take over the Cuban gangs,Jamaican Posse,Columbian,Mexican,Guatemalan gangs territory.

Those guys do not shoot up other gang members,they grab them and cut them up into little pieces and use them as parts in a voodoo rituals that makes the Highlander look like an amateur,but they are not terrorizing innocent civilians on a daily basis.

If they are effecting you on a daily basis it’s because you are playing with them and even the lowest form of thug can instill fear in you,maybe that is the difference,we CAN drop them just as fast as they can think about dropping us and we are not forced into being the victim or easy pickings.
    Last edited by Richard; October-16-23 at 11:50 PM.

Richard,

You spew paragraphs of lies that you assume to be true because you have read too many news articles from the early 2000Â’s. YouÂ’re diverting from my question asked; what gang was your son involved in?

You named and bullet pointed all of these so called gangs that I can only verify not even half are true but I think I can help with your question. To stop local crews or gangs as you call them in our city itÂ’s very simple: change the mindset of our youths. Surrounding our youths with opportunities to become better in this world by actively being in their lives and giving them a sense of community and hope is the only way IÂ’ve seen it happen. The youth want to be successful in society but if they have no examples or expectations of that at home then itÂ’s easy to fall victim to street politics and lifestyle.

The list was provided by your local agencies,if you have issues with it you need to drop in and correct them on that.

The rest of what you spewed falls under the category of,dugh,congratulations on becoming a rocket scientist.

Why has society thought about that in the last 100 years?

Quote Originally Posted by EastsideAl View Post
    It apparently came from a mishearing/misspelling of the name Corleone from the Godfather movies.

Hey, it's Detroit, we all know how to spell "coney," don't we?

They were called the ConeyOneys or Sconi Oni's, not ConeyOnlys.
    Last edited by Cincinnati_Kid; October-17-23 at 08:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by stasu1213 View Post
    I haven't a clue who the Highwaymen like or worked for. There were those in Detroit including Sam Riddle who had an issue with Kid Rock allegedly flying a confederate flag at his concerts and labeled him a racist. They vowed to protest the opening of Kid Rock's restaurant. I witnessed the protest. I also had witnessed the Highwaymen riding up Woodward an as if on cue Sam Riddle and his group left almost immediately. The only two or three persons whom a stayed were Steve Neveling, reporter of Motorcity Muckraker, and his group
    He is a racist. I'd have a issue too flying a confederate flag in the downtown of a city that's 85% black. Take that crap back to the South or out to the burbs....
    Last edited by Cincinnati_Kid; October-17-23 at 03:53 PM.

The list was provided by your local agencies,if you have issues with it you need to drop in and correct them on that.

The rest of what you spewed falls under the category of,dugh,congratulations on becoming a rocket scientist.

Why has society thought about that in the last 100 years?
    Once again, you’re diverting from my original question, what “gang” did your son get involved with?

Quote Originally Posted by stasu1213 View Post
    Does anyone has an article on the gang War that had occurred at Cobo Hall in the summer of 76 during a concert?
    I remember that concert. It was the Average White Band [[AWB)

Once again, you’re diverting from my original question, what “gang” did your son get involved with?
    Actualy that would be you trying to divert from the subject and thinking I would be that stupid as to disclose details in a public forum,or you are a fed,my guess is that you have never been a parent either.
    Last edited by Richard; October-17-23 at 11:39 AM.

Actualy that would be you trying to divert from the subject and thinking I would be that stupid as to disclose details in a public forum,or you are a fed,my guess is that you have never been a parent either.
    So either you lied or you are too afraid to do anything to stop “gangs” that you come on a social forum to discuss your make believe issues.

If the subject is Gangs in Detroit then asking what gang is giving you an issue, how is that diverting away from the original subject?

You’re calling me a fed but advise me to give local authorities of gang names that the are already aware of and get paid very well enough to do so. DPD is not stupid, you are for thinking you can lie to us about this misinformation you are spreading.

So either you lied or you are too afraid to do anything to stop “gangs” that you come on a social forum to discuss your make believe issues.

If the subject is Gangs in Detroit then asking what gang is giving you an issue, how is that diverting away from the original subject?

You’re calling me a fed but advise me to give local authorities of gang names that the are already aware of and get paid very well enough to do so. DPD is not stupid, you are for thinking you can lie to us about this misinformation you are spreading.
    Yea try sticking to the topic and stop making it about me because you come here and cry about living along side of the gangs.

The list I provided was from your local sources and a 2 year old can search it,or they can just come on the internet and act like one.

I never advised you to give anybody gang member names,your local authorities are well aware of who they are,you are the one asking me to provide names.

Everybody pretty much knows I do not live there and if you could follow the bouncing ball or at least try and follow a thread you would not be tripping over yourself while calling others liars.

I think you actually was the one who posted false information because you saying you live around the gangs and having a mouth like that,you would not last long.

You clearly are afraid of doing anything about them because they still exist,in your neighborhood as you say.

The question was - Who are they and how do you stop them

You have not come up with any solutions or answers outside of calling me a liar,the more you write the more it looks like you have a vested interest in protecting them.

You are clearly still around which would not be the case if you talked like that to anybody on the street,so why do you have to hide on the internet to do it?
    Last edited by Richard; October-18-23 at 07:25 PM.

^^^

I feel safer knowing you are around to protect Detroit, Richard.

Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post
    ^^^

I feel safer knowing you are around to protect Detroit, Richard.
    Me too, it’s too bad he moved away and still don’t know what he’s talking about. Who lies about having a son joining a gang just to appease message board posters? …sad and scary times we live in.

... Surrounding our youths with opportunities to become better in this world by actively being in their lives and giving them a sense of community and hope is the only way I’ve seen it happen. The youth want to be successful in society but if they have no examples or expectations of that at home then it’s easy to fall victim to street politics and lifestyle.
    And not just at home.

I recall stories of young men returning from WWII with nothing to do and how some worried they might turn to destructive activities. But the GI Bill turned that negative into a positive, a positive with a $6.90 ROI per $1 invested.

Too often opportunity is thought of as a cost, not an investment. The reality is that the lack of meaningful opportunity is the cost and that cost is gang violence.

With enough opportunity everyone benefits, not just those who receive the opportunity.
    Last edited by Jimaz; October-20-23 at 09:01 AM.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7