Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

I love that idea Henry

Speaking of motorcycle club, I remember when Kid Rock opened first restaurant in the Little Ceasars Areana Sam Riddle and his crew held a protest rally against the open of the restaurant saying that no one is going to stop them from protesting. When a group of motorcyclist, all white, came roaring north on Woodward from downtown Sam Riddle and his team of blowhard immediately packed up camp and left.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Whalley View Post
    I'm not a shrink, but IMHO Freud's drive theory was right [Eros and Thanatos] and his ideas on repression are accepted generally.

P.S. I've no interest in hanging around with biker psychopaths and sociopaths.
    Apparently you do not get out much,lots of psychopaths and sociopaths running amuck in society,I have even dated a few that could fit very nicely in that category.

Are you scared of hanging around bikers? They are fun to party with and no different anywhere else,if you handle yourself accordingly you get treated back in the same way,unless you are the type that likes to bully others and not expect a response in return.

It’s the street gangs that are terrorizing neighborhoods and killing innocent people that is the issue,not the bikers.

You are just basing things on preconceived notions and fears and not real world experience.

I would rather have a biker have my back then Freud,I doubt he will be much use to you when you need him.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Apparently you do not get out much
    I don't get out much and never date psychopathic females. Is it fun?

Quote Originally Posted by preserve View Post
    I love that idea Henry
    But it's cruel and unusual [unconstitutional] punishment.

I don't get out much and never date psychopathic females. Is it fun?
    Ask yourself if dating somebody like Britney Spears would be fun.

Or watch the movie blind date.

Ever hear the term Crazy/Beautiful ?

Even dated a few school teachers,they were so far off of the planet I do not know how they even were able to teach a class,that’s not saying all teachers are.

Most of the models are also 150 shades of crazy but it depends on how one defines fun.

Not just women,social media if full of physchopathic people,you cannot even go into the Chucky cheese by me without people going off the rails.

Bikers are a heck of a lot more mellow then what is happening in the streets anymore.

My step mother 15 years my junior was a psycho and she was a deputy mayor of a city,I believe they used to call that a form of Asperger which you may be referring to when you refer to others,it’s actually wider spread then just the bikers or criminal element.

I do not know though,you are in the military,you take people out and justify in your mind that they are the bad guy so you can sleep at night,but the criminal gang mind sees it the same way,they are taking out their opponents.

Some bikers may have the ability to take you out in between spoonfuls of soup and not think twice,then there are really evil people in the world like in the cartel’s and past history that do not think twice about cutting you up into little pieces and not think twice.

When you look at bikers verses street gangs, both have a different motive for the violence that they do,bikers as a rule stay clear of innocents and most of the violence is contained within that group.

You see what a street gang does,fire into a crowd hitting 15 innocent people while their intended target walks away without a scratch.

So either give them shooting lessons or eliminate them because like I said,they are the greatest danger to society but they get the biggest pass.

The mob used to keep them in check,now they are running around willy nilly while the feds have the same exact tools to go after them as they did when they went after the mob,but they do not.

So they must be useful idiots in the governments eyes in order for them to exist.
    Last edited by Richard; September-14-23 at 05:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by stasu1213 View Post
    Speaking of motorcycle club, I remember when Kid Rock opened first restaurant in the Little Ceasars Areana Sam Riddle and his crew held a protest rally against the open of the restaurant saying that no one is going to stop them from protesting. When a group of motorcyclist, all white, came roaring north on Woodward from downtown Sam Riddle and his team of blowhard immediately packed up camp and left.
    That was the Highwaymen.

Quote Originally Posted by lpg View Post
    That was the Highwaymen.
    They lived up to their name because Sam Riddle and his merry band of race hustlers hit the highway as the Highway men was approaching the rally. I am glad that violence didn't occurred and Sam wisely left. He was doing a) of this big talk days before

Quote Originally Posted by stasu1213 View Post
    ...When a group of motorcyclist, all white, came roaring north on Woodward from downtown Sam Riddle and his team of blowhard immediately packed up camp and left.
    I don't understand the politics of it. Do Highwaymen dislike race hustlers?

Do they work for Illitch?

I don't understand the politics of it. Do Highwaymen dislike race hustlers?

Do they work for Illitch?
    I haven't a clue who the Highwaymen like or worked for. There were those in Detroit including Sam Riddle who had an issue with Kid Rock allegedly flying a confederate flag at his concerts and labeled him a racist. They vowed to protest the opening of Kid Rock's restaurant. I witnessed the protest. I also had witnessed the Highwaymen riding up Woodward an as if on cue Sam Riddle and his group left almost immediately. The only two or three persons whom a stayed were Steve Neveling, reporter of Motorcity Muckraker, and his group

Quote Originally Posted by dexterferry View Post
    there are GDs and vice lords in Detroit. there are also gangs on the east side that identify themselves by their various housing projects or "7 mile."
    Very few, Detroit is nothing like Chicago and LA. Detroit has had very few "out of town" gangs in the city. Detroit has always had homegrown drug crews since the 70's and 80's. Bloods, Crips, GD's, SD's, Vice Lords, Latin Counts, MLD's, have never held much weight in Detroit. Detroit is not a gang city but we do have many cliques that terrorize the city. Get rid of the drug crews by legalizing hard drugs, not a smart idea but may be the main one.
    Last edited by Sehv313; September-24-23 at 07:35 PM.

Then what’s next and how are they going to make a living ?

Then we have to legalize prostitution,home invasion,robbery etc,then you have the street gangs getting into white collar crime and scams.

The only reason states and local governments made weed legal was so they could get their cut out in the open instead of cash envelopes on the sly.

It has not changed the availability of weed on the street,there is more and the prices have gone up and in some states it has given cartels the control over it who are now lacing it with PCP and Fentanyl and killing and addicting people that used to be causal weed smokers.

Have not changed anything,the gangs are still there just now some wear suits and hang out in offices while the others wear colors.

When we talk about gangs and look at the Bloods and crips,they have structure and a level of control,they mostly kill each other.

Your home grown gangs have no structure and they make their bones or draw respect from their level of brutality towards innocent civilians.

So either you covertly deploy snipers and eliminate them or stop destroying the minority family structure just for the sake of votes,they do not join gangs because they are bored,they join gangs because it gives them the sense of belonging to something and out of desperation while being trapped somewhere where they feel they have no future.

Even Amsterdam is phasing out their red light district and shoot up parks because they came to the conclusion that it had zero effect on society outside of corralling the problem in a small box,but they still have to make the money elsewhere com order to enter the box,and they make that money off of those with means and not their fellow junkies.

They could have used the proceeds from the legalization of weed in order to fund the investments in people so they can have some structure and not be so enticed to join the gangs.

Wonder why?

This whole slavery thing is a diversion from the slavery that still exists and has for decades longer then the actual slavery part,just with out the whips and chains and nicer digs.

People looking for solutions to problems without ever addressing the root cause of the problem that creates it in the first place.

People need gangs to exist, fighting then provides jobs,cities with millions in free money every year to fight them ,millions more to rebuild the devastation they leave behind,even down to the funeral parlors that bury them,why on earth would anybody actually want to eliminate them?

People supported and advocated for getting rid of the mob and the bikers ,the two things that kept the gangs in check in the underworld and now we are stuck with thugs that pretend to be gangs that have no limits or give 2 craps about the innocents in society.

And the only thing they understand is 6’ under in a box.

The easiest thing to do is to offer them free shooting lessons because they cannot hit the broad side of a barn while standing 2’ away from it and they end up killing everybody but their target.

They know the game,if they kill each other it’s a part of the game and has no meaning outside of credibility,the objective would be to lessen the impact on normal civilians.

Evil in the world has existed sense day one when Eve tried to assignate Adam,it will always exist,just have to figure out how to co-exist with it under the least amount damage to the overall law abiding public.

Or look the other way and let the mob and bikers rebuild,they will handle it quietly and it will not cost the taxpayers a dime.
    Last edited by Richard; September-24-23 at 10:17 PM.

Richard, You speak on gangs like all you do is read articles all day. If you want to be knowledgeable about the streets than ask residents who interact with groups on the daily.

Gangs or groups are NOT making a living, this is not the drug epidemic of the 80's. And Gangs only wore colors mainly in LA and even that is less frequent today. Most street crime is drug dealing pills and fentanyl because almost every brick of heroin is laced with it or identity theft, robberies, and scamming.

I was joking about legalizing hard drugs but legalizing weed has almost eliminated the street market in Detroit for it. All weed dealers are barley hanging on by a thread.

When you said "they do not join gangs because they are bored, they join gangs because it gives them the sense of belonging to something and out of desperation while being trapped somewhere where they feel they have no future." this is true but people do not "need" gangs to exist. Especially in a place like Detroit that is crime-filled without having major gang activity areas.

^ you are acting like Detroit is an island on its own and only things happen in Detroit that happen nowhere else in the country.

After I got divorced my son got involved with a gang,you know what it took to get him out ?

A bunch of rednecks with overwhelming firepower,because that is the only thing they understand.

You make assumptions about others life experiences when you do not have a clue and as proud of you are of your wannabe gangs,they would not last 5 minutes in other cities,outside of structured gangs the rest are wannabe thugs that thrive on intimidation and bullying innocents they end up dead or in prison before the age of 25 as a rule.

People need gangs to exist so they can give you something to fear and make them look good when they tell you they are going to help you not live in fear.

Did you survey Street weed dealers in Detroit and ask them their income levels sense the legalization?

They must suck as salesmen because every other illegal weed dealer in the country has seen profits double sense legalization.

On the street level prices are up because medical weed is expensive,you know,gotta pay them taxes,in an all cash business that you do not even have a clue on how much to collect,it adds to the overhead.

You guys are new at this,so let’s look at what is happening in California 5 years in .

For now, the only way legal, state-licensed businesses say they are able to stay profitable is to keep one foot in the illegal, unlicensed market – often called the “legacy” or “traditional” market.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...dustry-economy

State police seized a large amount of illegalmarijuana in a bust outside Medford, Oregon, hauling in around 500,000 pounds

https://www.cnn.com/2021/11/21/us/or...zed/index.html

Thats $500 million in illegal weed in Oregon a state that has also decriminalized heroin and cocaine.

Why would there be 500,000 lbs in a state that legalized weed if street sales were in the dumpster?

Do you even have a clue on who deals with that amount of weed?

Let me know in a few more years after you get your feet wet in this world of narcotics legalization how it all works out.

The only way it works is decriminalized and not legalized.

Sorry but I have lived in the grey world for over 63 years while co mingling with high society,it’s all connected,just because you believe something does not meen it is reality.

You will find that out after you get a few years of this little social experiment under your belt after you realize that you have switched the little street corner dealers from selling harmless weed to the much more profitable meth,pills and fentenal and just like all the other social experiments in the past,a lot of people will die and suffer the consequences including innocent children in the process,then one day when you try and right the wrong it will be to late.

The only people that used to do cocaine was Doctors,lawyers,judges,company CEOs nobody else could afford it ,so a war on drugs was declared,the first thing they did was dry up the supply of weed,which decreased the price of cocaine because demand increased.

It went from $60k a kilo to $25k a kilo in a matter of months then to $12k and then every housewife in the country could afford it,but it also funded wars,built city skylines and pumped billions into the economy,it made a lot of people at the top a lot of money in the process for looking the other way.

You are already aware of the real cost in the street .

People like their vices,what happens when you dry up weed ? People still want to get high,when cocaine replaced weed all hell broke loose when it was unnecessary because the average person could not afford coke at the beginning,heroin was the problem at that time,they traded heroin addiction for crack addiction because there was more money in it.

All they had to do was decriminalize weed and use those resources to go after the heroin but with coke 100s of billions were flowing,those at the top could have cared less it was coming at a cost to the country.

Back in the early days nobody carried a gun to do multi million dollar drug deals,it was just business.

So now that you switched your little special gangs that are nowhere else in the country over to the more deadly heroin,meth,pills and fentanyl verses weed,how do you think that is going to play out?

Even worse,meth pills and heroin is biker revenue,so how do you think that is going to play out as their revenue streams dwindle ?

Now you are going to have a war on your hands and your special little gangs who cannot hit the broad side of a barn when they shoot are going to be killing more innocent people.

The silver lining in all of that,you get your taxpayer cut,often referred to as blood money,because it comes at a cost when you upset the balance in the drug world.

Learned little from the crack days,might as well repeat the process and hope it has better results even though it is already devastating communities across the country no matter what the size.

If I was to speculate it would stand to reason your special little thug gangs are hurting for revenue because they scared their main target market off and back to the burbs,because they were acting like thugs and not taking care of business like they should have been,they are not actually gangs,they are a collection of thugs doing thuggery stuff,if they were actual gangs they would handle their business and not be leaving bodies in the street.

Hate to say it but you actually need a gang war in order to restore the natural order of things so the rest of the city population can safely go about their daily lives without having to live in fear.

With no structure you get what you have,no order,just a bunch of thugs scurrying about terrorizing a city and drawing heat on themselves while giving do nothing politicians a seat because they promised you that they would save you from the bad guys.
    Last edited by Richard; September-27-23 at 12:11 AM.

^ you are acting like Detroit is an island on its own and only things happen in Detroit that happen nowhere else in the country.

After I got divorced my son got involved with a gang,you know what it took to get him out ?

A bunch of rednecks with overwhelming firepower,because that is the only thing they understand.

You make assumptions about others life experiences when you do not have a clue and as proud of you are of your wannabe gangs,they would not last 5 minutes in other cities,outside of structured gangs the rest are wannabe thugs that thrive on intimidation and bullying innocents they end up dead or in prison before the age of 25 as a rule.

People need gangs to exist so they can give you something to fear and make them look good when they tell you they are going to help you not live in fear.

Did you survey Street weed dealers in Detroit and ask them their income levels sense the legalization?

They must suck as salesmen because every other illegal weed dealer in the country has seen profits double sense legalization.

On the street level prices are up because medical weed is expensive,you know,gotta pay them taxes,in an all cash business that you do not even have a clue on how much to collect,it adds to the overhead.

You guys are new at this,so let’s look at what is happening in California 5 years in .

For now, the only way legal, state-licensed businesses say they are able to stay profitable is to keep one foot in the illegal, unlicensed market – often called the “legacy” or “traditional” market.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...dustry-economy

State police seized a large amount of illegalmarijuana in a bust outside Medford, Oregon, hauling in around 500,000 pounds

https://www.cnn.com/2021/11/21/us/or...zed/index.html

Thats $500 million in illegal weed in Oregon a state that has also decriminalized heroin and cocaine.

Why would there be 500,000 lbs in a state that legalized weed if street sales were in the dumpster?

Do you even have a clue on who deals with that amount of weed?

Let me know in a few more years after you get your feet wet in this world of narcotics legalization how it all works out.

The only way it works is decriminalized and not legalized.

Sorry but I have lived in the grey world for over 63 years while co mingling with high society,it’s all connected,just because you believe something does not meen it is reality.

You will find that out after you get a few years of this little social experiment under your belt after you realize that you have switched the little street corner dealers from selling harmless weed to the much more profitable meth,pills and fentenal and just like all the other social experiments in the past,a lot of people will die and suffer the consequences including innocent children in the process,then one day when you try and right the wrong it will be to late.

The only people that used to do cocaine was Doctors,lawyers,judges,company CEOs nobody else could afford it ,so a war on drugs was declared,the first thing they did was dry up the supply of weed,which decreased the price of cocaine because demand increased.

It went from $60k a kilo to $25k a kilo in a matter of months then to $12k and then every housewife in the country could afford it,but it also funded wars,built city skylines and pumped billions into the economy,it made a lot of people at the top a lot of money in the process for looking the other way.

You are already aware of the real cost in the street .

People like their vices,what happens when you dry up weed ? People still want to get high,when cocaine replaced weed all hell broke loose when it was unnecessary because the average person could not afford coke at the beginning,heroin was the problem at that time,they traded heroin addiction for crack addiction because there was more money in it.

All they had to do was decriminalize weed and use those resources to go after the heroin but with coke 100s of billions were flowing,those at the top could have cared less it was coming at a cost to the country.

Back in the early days nobody carried a gun to do multi million dollar drug deals,it was just business.

So now that you switched your little special gangs that are nowhere else in the country over to the more deadly heroin,meth,pills and fentanyl verses weed,how do you think that is going to play out?

Even worse,meth pills and heroin is biker revenue,so how do you think that is going to play out as their revenue streams dwindle ?

Now you are going to have a war on your hands and your special little gangs who cannot hit the broad side of a barn when they shoot are going to be killing more innocent people.

The silver lining in all of that,you get your taxpayer cut,often referred to as blood money,because it comes at a cost when you upset the balance in the drug world.

Learned little from the crack days,might as well repeat the process and hope it has better results even though it is already devastating communities across the country no matter what the size.

If I was to speculate it would stand to reason your special little thug gangs are hurting for revenue because they scared their main target market off and back to the burbs,because they were acting like thugs and not taking care of business like they should have been,they are not actually gangs,they are a collection of thugs doing thuggery stuff,if they were actual gangs they would handle their business and not be leaving bodies in the street.

Hate to say it but you actually need a gang war in order to restore the natural order of things so the rest of the city population can safely go about their daily lives without having to live in fear.

With no structure you get what you have,no order,just a bunch of thugs scurrying about terrorizing a city and drawing heat on themselves while giving do nothing politicians a seat because they promised you that they would save you from the bad guys.

Meanwhile, the screenwriters have just ended their strike, you can let go your pastime and leave the pros to do their stuff…

Quote Originally Posted by Sehv313 View Post
    Very few, Detroit is nothing like Chicago and LA. Detroit has had very few "out of town" gangs in the city. Detroit has always had homegrown drug crews since the 70's and 80's. Bloods, Crips, GD's, SD's, Vice Lords, Latin Counts, MLD's, have never held much weight in Detroit. Detroit is not a gang city but we do have many cliques that terrorize the city. Get rid of the drug crews by legalizing hard drugs, not a smart idea but may be the main one.
    The Latin Counts did had much weight in Southwest Detroit. They controlled that area up until the late 90s or early 2000s. The other gangs in Detroit did not venture into that territory. The neighborhoods in southwest Detroit eventhough infested with it's own gang managed to keep all of their homes and businesses. The Black neighborhoods throughout looked as though a bomb was dropped on them. Please don't blame the riot of 67 on the cause. Many Detroit neighborhoods were still intact right after the riots saving the business district strip. The gangs dismantled around the entering of the 1980s giving way to Y.B.I. and other heroin dealing organizations whom taken over homes throughout Detroit that were rented by single females. Some of these renters allowed their drug dealing boyfriends or relatives to live with them. The drug dealers would soon take over the homes, start selling out of the homes, run the girl friends out of the homes, and then there are the Crack homes where the neighbors could not get in contact with Mr Jones or so and so whom was a longtime neighbor bit moved out of the city or state and couldn't been reached by the residents in those communities that he left behind. I remember on Mapleridge on Detroit Eastside where neighbors called to complain about drugs being sold in one of the homes on their block. Police didn't shut the house down so the neighbors, a few of them who were white, allegedly gotten together and burned down the house. Goodbye Crack house for then.

Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post
    Meanwhile, the screenwriters have just ended their strike, you can let go your pastime and leave the pros to do their stuff…
    Sorry,did not even notice they were on strike,it probably had the same relevance as your nothing to add post.

Sorry,did not even notice they were on strike,it probably had the same relevance as your nothing to add post.

You have no trouble adding and adding ‘til the tldr comes to bite.

All you did was reinforce the same old crap about street gangs equal nasty sloppy killers, while bikers, slash mobsters equal structured standup guys. That’s pretty black and white for someone who claims a grey world view to go on about.

You can couch your storytelling in "You guys don’t know s*it all you want, the effort makes it all the more pathe-dick, Dick.

You have no trouble adding and adding ‘til the tldr comes to bite.

All you did was reinforce the same old crap about street gangs equal nasty sloppy killers, while bikers, slash mobsters equal structured standup guys. That’s pretty black and white for someone who claims a grey world view to go on about.

You can couch your storytelling in "You guys don’t know s*it all you want, the effort makes it all the more pathe-dick, Dick.
    It took you longer to write that out then it would have if you would have just skipped reading it.

Nothing to add outside of whining about a random post on the internet,if you ever read a book or newspaper did you tell them it was to long to read ?

You could have offed a solution,like hey - you guys can do what Canada did and ban gang members from owning guns,because that worked out so well.

What is pathetic is when you do not have any solutions or suggestions to contribute other then whining because your little personal needs were not catered to in a post.

But I understand,you are Canadian,self centered and the world revolves around you personally,that’s how you were conditioned so you cannot help it and it just seems to be a normal way to act.

It not that others do not know sh*t ,it’s when the stance is taken where a city is an island on itself and what happens there does not happen anywhere else.

Liberty City alone in Miami was experiencing 15 murders PER DAY due to gang violence and stupidity,but yet Detroit was listed as the murder capital and a bad rap because they reported all of their crime when others did not.

If you climbed out of your little self contained box and experienced life you would see the bigger picture and have a bit more ability to put things into perspective.

Gangs have been around from day 1,it’s not a gang problem its a ratio problem which is the root of everything that happens in Detroit,just like every other city,it’s not a problem invented in Detroit.
    Last edited by Richard; September-28-23 at 08:31 AM.

Dick, you’re all over the place, again…

I’m trying to help you get your ideas in order, and edit so you can make sense, but hey.

Your solution, as far as I can tell is to have a new gang war. Lol, or is there more to it???

How can anyone take seriously your comment about Miami’s lack of accountability in homicide rating vs Detroit’s? What makes you spew all that and believe your vomit will stick to the wall, and not stink?

What do you mean by ratio problem? Did you mean to say? Racial problem?

The only reason I am responding to your posts on this topic is that you are posing as an authority on it, yet again. You’re at it again with the "You guys know Jack shit", I’ll tell you how it is stance. Keep making up stories til you pop, doesn’t make them more believable or redeemable to your reading public, whatever is left of it.

It's as if James Joyce had written Finnegan's Wake as an opinion piece.

I’m trying to help you get your ideas in order, and edit so you can make sense, but hey.

Your solution, as far as I can tell is to have a new gang war. Lol, or is there more to it???

How can anyone take seriously your comment about Miami’s lack of accountability in homicide rating vs Detroit’s? What makes you spew all that and believe your vomit will stick to the wall, and not stink?

What do you mean by ratio problem? Did you mean to say? Racial problem?

The only reason I am responding to your posts on this topic is that you are posing as an authority on it, yet again. You’re at it again with the "You guys know Jack shit", I’ll tell you how it is stance. Keep making up stories til you pop, doesn’t make them more believable or redeemable to your reading public, whatever is left of it.
    Like a mule with blinders on.

Here this is me writing really slow for you

We can start by you defining the difference between ratio and racial,they are two different words with two different meanings,so maybe try and understand what the post says instead of trying to put words and meanings in my posts that do not exist.

You are not even following the discussion to start with,just going out of your way to whine about my individual post because you do not understand context in a discussion.

Just because you lead a sheltered 9-5 do not think for yourself or ever experience life outside of your little box it does not mean everybody else does,you do not have to be an authority on anything,you can base on experience and relate that.

Everybody’s life experiences are different and we come from all walks of life,some have book experience and others have real experiences,you are an adult it should not have to be explained to you like a child.

You kinda remind me of a woman I dated,34 years old and she still had people that dressed,cooked,bathed,drove her around,because she lived such a structured life she could not relate to real life experiences.

You would be surprised how many so called educated people have never even been in a hood,dollar store,rode public transportation or even a buffet for lunch that have no clue what the world is like outside of their circle.

You automatically relate that to dumb people,I relate to as people that have not had those experiences and giving a little insight to them helps them understand how to address future problems or how things get where they are,it’s up to them to dissect the information or take it with a grain of salt.

Its not up to you to decide for others what they may or may not want to read,unlike Canada this is America where people still have individual freedoms and are allowed to think for themselves,you seem to like to dictate to other how they may think or feel on a given subject.

Like I said before,I do not blame you personally,it’s the way you have been conditioned to think,you do not know any better.

If somebody asked you to think outside of the box,you would be forever trapped in the box.

Just like every other city in the world everything about Detroit revolves around ratios.Once you learn the definition of ratio and how it applies you may understand things a bit more.

Do you think it is fair when Detroit gets constantly blasted in the press for crime levels but other places like Orlando most likely matches the Detroit crime levels but it is kept quiet because it is detrimental to the tourist trade?

Plenty of neighborhoods there where police will not even go into without extensive back up,Pine Hills in Orlando is 12 sq miles with 85,000 people that includes gangs from across the world and they all have something to prove,they do not just shoot you,they chop you up into little pieces and use you in rituals and that is just a small portion of the city,so gang violence in Detroit or the level of is no different then gang violence in any other city.

That’s where ratio comes in,the ratio of good people verses bad people,the bad people are always going to be there,the objective is to outnumber them so the least amount of good people are effected.

The question was in the original thread was How do you stop the gangs.

You cannot,if somebody has that answer then share it with the rest of the world,all you can do is contain them in a given area or outnumber them with good people so they have less of an impact.

That’s not pretending to be an expert in anything,just general observations in the real world.

You could personally help Detroit with their gang problem by simply going into the hoods and ask the gangs to give you their guns,so at least it will keep innocents from being caught in the cross fire. Let me know how it works out.

That brilliant idea did not work in Canada but maybe it will in Detroit ,give it a shot,what’s the worst that could happen?

You forget,I live in Florida where we shoot back,so lots of gangs do exist at violent levels and sometimes civilians get caught up in the shenanigans,as a rule they avoid innocents because they thrive on the fear of others and it does not end well for them when people shoot back.
    Last edited by Richard; September-28-23 at 05:41 PM.

It's as if James Joyce had written Finnegan's Wake as an opinion piece.

Rambling on, they do, both strong on the First Person Singular. The comparison stops there, lol!

Richard just did a 180. He seems to have been affected by the thought that proposing a gang war might not be PC. He is now proposing adding more good people to a hood to offset the punks behaving criminally. He is becoming better at solving complex problems.

I wish I didn’t lead such a sheltered nine to five blah blah blah… lol

Does anyone has an article on the gang War that had occurred at Cobo Hall in the summer of 76 during a concert?

Rambling on, they do, both strong on the First Person Singular. The comparison stops there, lol!

Richard just did a 180. He seems to have been affected by the thought that proposing a gang war might not be PC. He is now proposing adding more good people to a hood to offset the punks behaving criminally. He is becoming better at solving complex problems.

I wish I didn’t lead such a sheltered nine to five blah blah blah… lol

For somebody whining about my long posts you sure seem to be reading them enough to dissect them and twist them into your own little follies.

Thats why they are long,to weed out the spinners,but yet ….

Yes structured gangs have rules,they do not go around knocking off innocent people to gain street cred because they know it brings heat and life sentences.

So yea,if you have a bunch of non structured gangs running about where everything is off of the table it is more dangerous to innocents and harder to bust under RICO.

Your mind is the only thing doing 180s.
    Last edited by Richard; September-28-23 at 09:48 PM.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast