Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Seven Mile Bloods tried "colonizing" my area...they messed up one house, tagged it...the house got boarded up and their graffiti got graffiti-ed over...but I haven't seen any new tagging since...most of our "gangs" are just groups of immigrant kids trying to espouse national pride. There's some graffiti over at Lonyo s. of Warren by the "Romo Mafia"...you just know that is some group of punk Romanian kids whose moms are waiting for them at home after they are done playing "mafiotzii." But I do have to agree that compared to some other cities...Detroit gangs are smaller and wield less influence over large territories..There is kind of an "everyone for themselves" mentality to a lot of the crime here.

Those 7 mile bloods are left over remnants of a bygone era, hence the wheelchairs. BUT just because we really don't have a gang problem [[not in denial here, bud) doesn't mean we shouldn't be vigilent in trying to deter gang involvement. Those MS13 a**holes are NO JOKE. My mexican classmates tell me that there are older members of that gang who set up shop in SW in order to complete the drug smuggling chain up the "NAFTA SuperHighway" as we call it. They have respect among the older mexicans because the members cough up large sums of cash for favors, and people are scared of them because they threaten to send members in Mexico after family if theres no cooperation. Remember the guys in the news who cut off peoples heads? Well, thats these guys, and they are looking for recruitment right here in Detroit. Imagine the "head"lines when that gets out of control.

I forgot the "OG"'s - The Chains and the Bishops

Quote Originally Posted by ggores View Post
    Coney Oneys? I don't think so. It was.... Sconi Oni.
    coney oneys where the coney dog crew that started the coney dog craze in detroit.

Quote Originally Posted by ct_alum View Post
    Danny:

I think that the "E. Warrens" you refer to is actually "East Warren Posse". All of the "EWP" tagging that you see on the far east side is theirs.

I also loved the Errol Flynns and Coney Oneys.....ah, the 70's. Anybody remember people getting killed over Max Julian jackets?
    Yes, from Chrysler FWY to Balduck Park all the way to the Snobbyvilles. In fcat the E. Warrens are already in Snobbyville, but keeping a low profile.

GHETTO ALERT!

There was a triple shooting on Cathedral Street near Southfield FWY just across the street from Cody High School. [[ My Alma Matter) It's was probably a retailation from the W. Warren Bus Stop shooting between the Clown Squad [[ A Joy Rd. Clique) and Archdale Sqauds. Yes it was gang related.

Quote Originally Posted by kraig View Post
    Thank you. I knew that somebody would get the name right before I got to the bottom of the posts.

To say that Detroit doesn't have gangs or a gang problem is to live in complete denial. I was amused at the description of Detroit having drug dealers that operated in groups and fight to protect their turf. Uhhhh, sounds like a gang to me.

What we have to acknowledge is that our gangs are somewhat smarter than a bunch of idiots who still wear colors and advertise that they're a gang. They're in it moreso for profit than anything else, so don't expect them to spend their time setting up a rumble. But, do expect for that kid on the corner to have plenty of back-up if you have to deal with him.

DPS found out about gang existence in Detroit very quickly when it closed schools a few years ago and unknowingly had rival gangs consolidated at the same schools. Gangs exist in Detroit still, big time.
    no one is debating that detroit has gangs and gang problems. we're pointing out that there is a bit of exaggerating that detroit reeks with gangs.

smarter than the other idiots? no, just a bunch of idiots doing the same, but it doesn't equate to being smarter. for starters, not all gangs sport color clothes, the many that do are smarter than what you realize. these are organizations, cliques etc. that are deep, large and have been around for decades. Vice Lords, Gangsta Deciples, Bloods Crips, Mara 13 are like the mophia. They have cliques across the country and are connected to the other large gangs or the other gangs rivals.

Most of the Sureno gangs are connected to the Le Eme aka Mexican Mob. You'll known because they have a 13 at the end of their gang name. The same 13 that the Le Eme use.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    GHETTO ALERT!There was a triple shooting on Cathedral Street near Southfield FWY.
    Was there a ho down did they say?

Here is a gang-related tale of woe, happened on east side of Detroit. 'Bout nine years ago, my friend made a routine visit to the Doctor at Henry Ford, next thing ya know he's recovering two days later from a open heart bypass surgery. He was not expecting this! Well, in the next bed over was this big black kid, must've weighed four hundred pounds he said. The poor kid had gotten shot in the ass and the way the bullet was lodged, surgeons were debating whether to remove the bullet by going in through he stomach or up through he arse. Anyways, so the police come in and the kid tells the shtory how he was walking up to the party store and some car drove by and they shot him in the ass. Just another random, senseless act of violence on them rough and tumble streets. Then he mom and he other family come to visit. They prayed to the Lord and were very distraught. Then, later on that same day, his buddies come to visit him. They were, by my friends account, all blinged out, gold jewelry, chains, fancy sports jackets, pants on backwards, the whole nine. "Yo homes" "Yo Dawg" "What up doh?". They exchanged greetings and high-fived. The kid who had been shot in the ass, as it turns out, was in reality a door guard at a drug den somewhere east side, a "crackhouse sentinel" you might say. Well, heh, he and the oncoming guard got their timing mixed up regarding shift change and so for a brief period, there wud nobody guarding that door. Coincidentally, there was also a rival "gang" or "drug company" that planned to raid the place at that very same time. And so they did. So, when the crap hit the fan, this huge four hundred pound kid lept from the third story window, and as he was falling to the ground, he wud shot in the arse. To hear this story told in person, by the original teller, is one of the funniest stories I've ever heard in that life.
    Last edited by ggores; April-06-10 at 01:58 PM.

Funny, no mention of the first well-known Detroit gang. "The Purple Gang,"

Yes, from Chrysler FWY to Balduck Park all the way to the Snobbyvilles. In fcat the E. Warrens are already in Snobbyville, but keeping a low profile.
    Danny: [[no offense, but..........)You should not judge and generalize people into groups solely on their choice of cities to live within. I could presume that since you live in the city that you feed your children ketchup packets and saltines for dinner three times a week, but I do not. Furthermore, the "snobbyvilles" as you so often put it, have now provided homes and schooling for many people migrating/fleeing out of the city......... for over two decades + at that.

Gang violence is just another item on a growing to-do list for our government to handle. While we do not realize the volume and blatent affiliation our west coast states do, to say we do not have a gang problem is plain ignorance. Read this in the Detnews....... and it reeks of gang activity:

http://www.detnews.com/article/20100...atal-shootings

That ms-13 group has proven to be a pretty scary reality for this country. They have more than one TV documentary of their gang that proves the point. And they grow at an astounding rate. Maybe it's time to start shooting and then asking questions?

Quote Originally Posted by TKshreve View Post
    Danny: [[no offense, but..........)You should not judge and generalize people into groups solely on their choice of cities to live within. I could presume that since you live in the city that you feed your children ketchup packets and saltines for dinner three times a week, but I do not. Furthermore, the "snobbyvilles" as you so often put it, have now provided homes and schooling for many people migrating/fleeing out of the city......... for over two decades + at that.

Gang violence is just another item on a growing to-do list for our government to handle. While we do not realize the volume and blatent affiliation our west coast states do, to say we do not have a gang problem is plain ignorance. Read this in the Detnews....... and it reeks of gang activity:

http://www.detnews.com/article/20100...atal-shootings

That ms-13 group has proven to be a pretty scary reality for this country. They have more than one TV documentary of their gang that proves the point. And they grow at an astounding rate. Maybe it's time to start shooting and then asking questions?

The Grosse Pointes has its appeal to for its rich fancy neighborhoods and to avoid what's going on past Mack and Alter Rd. However The some of the E. Warrens also do their drug trade there. You may see them in the streets, but in one or two fancy homes hidden that area. Most Detroit Street Gangs hide like rats in the daytime but shoot at night.

As for MS-13 There are more than a gang group, there are a terrorist organization meant for drug trade, cop killing and anyone who stands in their way. There are growing faster than the Bloods, Crips and Vice Lords and they trirst for Hispanic Salvadorian revolution not just in their homeland but also in U.S.
    Last edited by Danny; April-07-10 at 10:14 AM.

The Grosse Pointes has its appeal to for its rich fancy neighborhoods and to avoid what's going on past Mack and Alter Rd. However The some of the E. Warrens also do their drug trade there. You may see them in the streets, but in one or two fancy homes hidden that area. Most Detroit Street Gangs hide like rats in the daytime but shoot at night.

As for MS-13 There are more than a gang group, there are a terrorist organization meant for drug trade, cop killing and anyone who stands in their way. There are growing faster than the Bloods, Crips and Vice Lords and they trirst for Hispanic Salvadorian revolution not just in their homeland but also in U.S.
    I pretty much made that point to another poster by addressing the fact that color gangs vs. the Detroit gangs are not idiots or less smarter. Mara 13 aka MS 13 was used in my example. I've known about them a few years before I moved on the west coast. I moved here back in 2002.

The MS-13 like pretty much all of the Hispanic gangs with the number 13 work for the Le Eme aka Mexican Mophia. The difference with Mara 13 is that they come from a war torn country/civil war and military style, although the gangs started out of L.A. first adopting the U.S. gang style concept. Mara 13 have no fear and have brought a type of killing that is unlike anything that has been seen in the gangs in this country. Even the well known gangs fear them. Their killing trade mark weapon is the machetti, similar to the Haitian people that use them for killing.

Two years ago a Mara 13 member killed a father in his two sons in my area over some fucking nonsense. A car argument turned into a murder. Sounds more like Detroit type of shooting. The Mara 13 are now in the majority of the U.S.; Michigan is part of the list.
    Last edited by dove-7; April-07-10 at 03:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cincinnati_Kid View Post
    Funny, no mention of the first well-known Detroit gang. "The Purple Gang,"
    I just got finished reading the biography on the Purple Gang. There seems to be alot of references on Jewish surnames, that would be quite familiar to people who watch the local lawfirm commercials.
    Is this just a coincidence, [[AKA Jewish Smith and Jones) ?
    Also what does anybody know about the Hamtramck Gang that interacted with the Purple Gang at the same time ?

Grandfather at one time told me that the Purple gang had the reputation but if you really wanted trouble crossing the Myrtle gang was the way to go.

There are some gangs and new gang cliques poping up in Detroit's Ghettohoods:

Joy Rd's, Chi-town, E. Warrens, The Gunstons, Mack Ave, Fenkell Boys, P-Rock, Zone 8, 6 Miles, 7 Mile Dogs, E. 7 Miles, The NFL's, Clown Sqauds, G-Monts,

Other Gang Chapters are in Detroit

Crips, Bloods, Gangsta Disciples and Latin Kings.
    Linwood is another one.

Buy American Guest

DVR'd the National Geographic show of the Detroit Gang Squad and watched it last night. The gang members from the west side and the east side of Detroit are worse than I could have ever imagined. If this is how living in Detroit is then I am sorry for those who live there now. There is absolutely no respect for life by these sub-human beings. They terrorize neighborhoods, take over abandoned homes for their dope business, shoot innocent people that just happen to be in the way. It is as though these young men and women have been locked in a room from the time they were born, never taught how to read or write, never taught how to socialize with others; and never had any loving human contact and do not have a bit of respect for authority. I can't see how any of them can be rehabilitated....we need more jails and different laws to deal with this curse.

What about the Latin Counts?

While it is not directly Detroit-related, I would recommend William Dunn's book The Gangs of Los Angeles for anyone interested in the history of gangs. While the book's editing is awful [[he may have basically self-published this), the substance in it is enlightening for someone who does not know much about the history of gangs, how they grew in the U.S., and their links to Mexico and Central America. It's a fascinating read.

I have heard from both my Dads that the Myrtle St Gang was pretty tough. Don't hear much about them.

Yes, they were named after the Actor Errol Flynn. He had been in trouble with the law in his life time and he was a Soldier of Fortune.

Fenkell Boy's have existed in one form or another for 35 years. At one time there were several gangs on Fenkell between Livernois and Greenfield.

F.A.s from Livernois to Wyoming. F.M.K.s [[Fenkell Mafia Killers) Wyoming to Meyers. Fenkell Boys from Meyers to Greenfield. to name a few

Why would that be? Not all former Gang Members are Dead, In Jail, Criminals or Dumb. I have my Masters. And I am a Former member of the F.A.s .

Not on the West Side. We Wore Three Piece Suits , Glass Heeled Cousins Shoes and Boselinos Hats. I do know you die over the hat. shoes. Your Longines Watches.

Coney's were East, Sconi's were West

All this talk of gangs and no one has brought up the Two major MC's in this area [[Motorcycle Clubs) and the fact that they have kept the Hells Angels out of Detroit?

Also I found a great site for gang related studies.
    Crimeindetroit.com

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast