Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

I just saw a punk with a red bandana under his hat on Michigan Ave.

There used to be a few biker clubs along Fenkell between Evergreen and Telegraph. Back in the early 1970s, I used to play baseball with a guy who lived two blocks north of Fenkell, on Trinity. One time, we were walking to a corner party party store and I spotted a burned out hulk of a building. When I asked him about it, he remarked "oh, one of the rival biker clubs decided to dynamite that building". The matter of fact way he said that has stuck in my mind to this day. I forgot the names of the biker gangs on Fenkell. All I know is that I was warned that they were not the types to trifle with.

Fenkell Boys are not new. They have Existed in one form or another since the late 60's

When I was in Detroit Public Schools some of classmates were in the gang. One student I know is a member of Zone 8 and other kid was a member of Fenkell Boys.

My sister knew some students who in the G-Monts and P-Rocks Also Known is the Grandmont St Gang and the Plymouth Rock Boys.

My cousin told me years ago that his step-uncle tried to get him the Mack Boys Gang, but he got out it before his bio-dad about to get him.
    Last edited by Danny; September-27-11 at 08:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kell31 View Post
    All this talk of gangs and no one has brought up the Two major MC's in this area [[Motorcycle Clubs) and the fact that they have kept the Hells Angels out of Detroit?

Also I found a great site for gang related studies.
    Crimeindetroit.com
    Highwaymen and Outlaws ??

The Vigilantes were a big "Motorcycle Club" on the East Side. Their "colors" were a large but simple silver "V," and their clubhouse was on Gratiot near Van Dyke

My uncle took me to this motorcycle club called the Pit Bull. It's located on Grand River Ave. near Fullerton.

I remember a lady posted many pictures and locations of Detroit motorcycle clubs. Showed the club colors also.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulGall View Post
    The Vigilantes were a big "Motorcycle Club" on the East Side. Their "colors" were a large but simple silver "V," and their clubhouse was on Gratiot near Van Dyke
    They still have a clubhouse there, at Gratiot just south of I-94.

Quote Originally Posted by Lt. Dan Bassett View Post
    GSM [[green street mafia). still active?
    Im pretty sure that was 1 guy with a spraycan. Hes probably buddies with mr derby

bartock Guest

Quote Originally Posted by lpg View Post
    Highwaymen and Outlaws ??
    Yep.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sour...307.46,,0,1.81

Quote Originally Posted by lpg View Post
    I remember a lady posted many pictures and locations of Detroit motorcycle clubs. Showed the club colors also.
    It's on Flickr under the name Patricia Drury. Called Detroit: Motorcycle stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by satellite beach View Post
    Grandfather at one time told me that the Purple gang had the reputation but if you really wanted trouble crossing the Myrtle gang was the way to go.
    My uncle was a member of the Myrtle St, gang, His name was Rosco Chaffee. He ended up serving 10 yrs in Jackson State prison.While serving his sentence, he studied to become an Electrician. Some years later he moved to Oakland Ca, He got a job as an electrician on the Bart System. [[ Bay Area Rapid Transit System ) He passed back in the 90's.

IDK but my guess is that biker gangs are full of latent homo sociopaths who subconsciously desire to live in prison where they can bone or be boned. And society benefits to the extent that they don't reproduce.

15. Default

Quote Originally Posted by irish_mafia View Post
    Vote out the City Council. That should take care of a good part of the criminal element

Coneyoney[[sp) reportedly was the result of a corruption of the Corleone family of Godfather movies. Catchy moniker.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Whalley View Post
    IDK but my guess is that biker gangs are full of latent homo sociopaths who subconsciously desire to live in prison where they can bone or be boned. And society benefits to the extent that they don't reproduce.
    Thats a homophobic comment in the age of inclusivity,when was the last time you hugged a gay biker?

The reality is the criminal element in society generates billions per year back into society and there are quite a few cities skylines in the U.S. and Canada that have been built by them.

As long as innocent civilians are not caught in the crossfire you are not going to get rid of them,Australian has some of the most draconian laws in regards to bikers,almost to the point where you can be arrested just by talking to a biker,or even associating with one, but yet they still exist.

The Philippines took the route of in order to stop drug use and dealing,they just shot you on the spot,get caught with a joint,it was an instant death penalty.

But yet drug use and dealing still exists.

If they want to kill each other why waste taxpayer dollars feeding and housing them for life ?
    Last edited by Richard; September-13-23 at 03:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    ...when was the last time you hugged a gay biker?
    If you're asking for a hug, forget it, Richard.

I'm referring to what Freud called the death instinct -- the drive toward destruction. Members of biker gangs channel this death drive outwardly as aggression toward others, and inwardly as self-harm or suicide.

One sees it in biker symbology, such as skull and crossbones, hell fire, demons, chains, Nazi symbols, Maltese crosses, etc., and in the drive toward prison life to bone or be boned.

It's just Psych 101. Not complicated.

Did you ever think Freud was wrong ? I mean everything is based on his findings without question.

That’s also called profiling,we used to use bikers for security and bouncers at clubs,big difference in what they do within their inner circle versus in the general public.

Lots of those character traits you mention can be found in people that have no affiliation with biker groups.

You should go hang out in a biker bar and let them know how you feel so you can get a better understanding of them,I think in the world of psychos or perceived ones,I would feel safer hanging out with a biker verses a Mexican cartel or Columbian drug lord.

I remember a police Sargent said in an interview a few years back that Detroit, unlike Chicago or Los Angeles, doesn't have gangs that band together by name or colors. Detroit gangs are lose groups of people in groups of 4 to 50. It is hard to determine their turf or leaders unlike the Crips and Bloods in L.A. or the Viceroys and Blackstone Rangers in Chicago. Yes back in the days there were Dexter Boys, Euroleague Flynns, etc. However, those gangs disbanded and joined drug organizations such as Y.B.I. which started around 1977. The gangs mostly disappeared by 1981 for a time

They are described as clannish and not mobish and under the radar in Detroit.

Where I am at we have Outlaws and Hells angels etc,you do not really hear much about them and it is left up to the feds to deal with them,there have been a few cases of public shoot outs but when that happens the local LEO pulls out all of the stops so it is all pretty much under the radar and most do not even give them a second thought.

I still get a chuckle about the time Antifa decided to tell them how it was going to be,how they ever thought that was going to end well escapes me.

When we bring crips n bloods into the picture it shows the difference between organized crime and unorganized crime and the way it is approached,unorganized crime takes more innocent lives daily because they cannot even shoot straight and have no respect for innocents,but dollar for dollar,more resources are spent going after organized crime then unorganized crime,even though unorganized crime has a greater impact on a community.

The government looks at organized crime as a national issue and treats it as such but yet they do not view the leading unorganized crime groups,even though they have a national base as a national issue,the feds do pick at them here and there on a local level but they have never rounded them all up under RICO like they did with organized crime.
    Last edited by Richard; September-13-23 at 03:28 PM.

No one mess with the Motorcycle clubs especially the one on Gratiot near I94. They mind their business and the black gangs don't bother them. I dint think that ever been any incidents of fighting between that motorcycle club and the neighborhood gangs that once surrounded them . If so could someone enlighten me?

Quote Originally Posted by stasu1213 View Post
    No one mess with the Motorcycle clubs especially the one on Gratiot near I94. They mind their business and the black gangs don't bother them. I dint think that ever been any incidents of fighting between that motorcycle club and the neighborhood gangs that once surrounded them . If so could someone enlighten me?
    If you don't bother them, they will not bother you.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Did you ever think Freud was wrong ?
    I'm not a shrink, but IMHO Freud's drive theory was right [Eros and Thanatos] and his ideas on repression are accepted generally.

P.S. I've no interest in hanging around with biker psychopaths and sociopaths.

Quote Originally Posted by michael View Post
    What can we all do to put an end to this?
    Nobody knows how to end it. Looks like the solution in 'A Clockwork Orange' failed. Perhaps we should clamp their eyes open and force them to read Richard's posts.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast