Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 6 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 LastLast

LOL, why didn't we think of measuring fish intercourse?!

http://seattle.cbslocal.com/2012/09/...h-mating-call/

Ours must be very busy tonight.

Stuff They Don't Want You To Know - The Hum
    In certain parts of the world, groups of people from all walks of life claim to hear a continuous hum. Yet not everyone can hear this noise, and there's no hard proof of its existence. Tune in and learn more about the mysterious hum in this episode.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post

Thanks, Jimaz. "Or is there something they don't want you to know..."

If factions of the government hadn't studied the psyche-torquing aspects of ELF frequencies, and mistakes weren't made which leaked enough information to confirm it...we'd not be having such a conversation.

I cannot back down from this...plus when I read that information of the European count who studied those who sleepwalk, it was comfortable learning that he'd identified roughly the same percentage of the population as 'sensitives'. My guess is these sorts of folks spend more time trying to find peace and quiet...I know I do.

When expectations are higher, the hum is more annoying. Then I remember my Mack's PillowSoft earplugs...LOL...and everything can be turned down enough to relax again. It's about that time now.

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by Gannon View Post
    ..."Or is there something they don't want you to know..."
    Great tag line, eh? It compels fans to return yet it doesn't promise anything specific. The tag line recurs throughout the series yet "They" refers to many different actors throughout that series.

See DetroitYES Home » Detroit Connections » Paging Gannon #35 for the whole set of 151 videos.

Default Don't feel the need to prove to skeptics - Nothing gained by wasting time on that.

Thats why I don't try to push it with the MindBox stuff. I **KNOW** its true since I've been in the field and have found these things, seen them, felt the effects [[starting as a small child). I really don't have a need to convince anyone else. I just work with like-minded people and we go about our business eradicating this plague. There are plenty of folks with open minds who join in and we do just fine on our own.

Good news is no known finds since the "Milwaukee railroad" box.

For those who care: Story of the Detroit-TMD box is at: http://www.pride-rock.net/MindBox.html

Quote Originally Posted by takascar View Post
    I really don't have a need to convince anyone else.

I've got a need to convince others that I'm not completely crazy.

Help a brother out?!

Cheers!
    Last edited by Gannon; October-02-12 at 10:27 AM.

Help a brother out?!

Cheers!
    Here's a shout-out to the makers of the only successful resistance I've found to the pervasiveness of the Hum.

http://www.freep.com/article/20121007/BUSINESS06/310070147/50-year-old-Warren-earplug-maker-makes-nearly-300-products-still-growing?odyssey=mod|newswell|text|FRONTPAGE|s

A little bummed they changed the size of their PillowSofts from 4.6 grams to 3.4, while increasing the number of pair per box from six to eight. Still a better value than the CVS knock-offs. The smaller size works well with less waste, I've got a pair jammed into my head now.

Without 'em, my sinuses go crazy with the hum.

Cheers, hopefully everyone else is sleeping through all this...

The hum.... it's alive and well in Hazel Park.
    Guess I'm not sleeping tonight.

Yuck. Sorry, Lizanne.

I've been consistent with the use of those Mack's Pillowsoft earplugs, and slept through last night for the first one in a long while.

I cannot sleep without them any longer.

The resonance in my head is too strong, especially when it rains. For whatever reason, the hum is stronger when there is moisture in the air. Even stronger when the ground is wet.

Cheers!

Yuck. Sorry, Lizanne.

I've been consistent with the use of those Mack's Pillowsoft earplugs, and slept through last night for the first one in a long while.

I cannot sleep without them any longer.

The resonance in my head is too strong, especially when it rains. For whatever reason, the hum is stronger when there is moisture in the air. Even stronger when the ground is wet.

Cheers!
    I've had a HORRIBLE cold all week, and the extra pressure in my head made the hum even more annoying. Problem for me is that it's more of a vibration than a noise, so ear plugs don't make a bit of difference.

It's still going on right now - hope it stops by the evening. It's been months since I've heard it, but it's going gang busters this time for some reason. Everyone else in my house thinks I'm crazy.

I'm with you on the vibratory nature, but turning down the external stimulii helps reduce the internal resonance.

I have also noticed a greater sensitivity with increased sinus pressure.

Sorry for the local flack, look up the good Count Reichart...he determined in the 1800s that a small percentage of the population was more sensitive to some stimulii than others. No worries.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carl_Reichenbach

Cheers!

Thanks Gannon!!

Toronto Director Focusing Efforts On Zug Island Documentary Film
    An international documentary film maker is focusing his lens on Zug Island.

It’s about the infamous Windsor Hum and with a new movie Adam Makarenko hopes he can shed some light on the noise problem coming from Zug Island.

It’s the secrecy that surrounds Zug Island that inspired Makarenko to take on this subject....

Makarenko says he hopes the project will create a new a buzz ..but he first must get financial backing....
    Zug Island - Trailer 1 [[This worked better in Firefox for me.)

Have been interested in this thread and wondered about the cause. We live near a major freeway and a river. There is a major bridge crossing the river at a point of a large rock outcropping. So the bridge is attached to bedrock which we live on not far away. So, my first theory was that it was the traffic causing the vibrations to be transmitted through bedrock. But, I noticed I did not always hear the sound [[like a diesel truck idling) even when there was heavy traffic on the bridge. What I have noticed is that I do hear the sound after periods of heavy rain and with the river flowing fast.

We boat on the river and know where there are sand piles with ripples in them on the river bottom as the water goes around a bend shaped by the rocks. It is my theory that when the river is flowing fast, the water goes over these ripples and either forms more or there is a sound produced that gets transmitted into the ground and bedrock that we hear blocks away from the river. The river is way up today after a big rain, flowing fast and the low level sound is very distinguishable today. I think it is a piezoelectric effect with the sound being caused by the water rushing over the ripples of sand on the bottom. That's my theory for the sounds that we hear in this neck of the woods.

Very curious, PeachLaser.

I've noticed it stronger during and after rain also, but attributed it to a better ground connection due the "shorting" of everything outside with water.

We're nearly a mile from the water, and we're right where Lake St. Clair dumps into the straight. Unsure how the resonant dynamics would play out, but I like your line of reasoning on perception.

We have the added curiosity of being on a huge plug of crystaline salt, too. The Windsorites have been complaining about this more loudly, especially those across from Zug Island in high-rises. If what you say enters into the equation, we can see it is just after the river takes a nice bend, too. If the Rouge Complex and Zug Island introduce artificial industrial noise down the Rouge River...that would beam straight across the river to their industrial channel.

Wonder how that could be measured?! We keep bumping into the trouble of capturing such a long-wavelength, low-frequency signal...and complex combinations of them...since most microphones and recording devices are designed to ignore everything below the commonly-accepted lower limit to human hearing, which is 20Hz.

We know bone conductance perceives another octave or two below that...and there is considerable evidence that the nervous system responds to ElectroMagnetic information throughout that range. If we could only get Top Secret clearance to read the studies our universities produced on the topic, usually using public monies.

I haven't done any work on this, but did cross paths with someone who'd made a large-scale EM sensor...might've been a huge Tesla coil. Pretty sure it was. I'll see what I can find on it again.

Cheers
    Last edited by Gannon; May-20-13 at 10:12 AM.

Oh, and since the last update to this thread, we've met another family in the neighborhood. The wife has difficulty at exactly four in the morning. Every morning. So far, that is three-for-three in the immediate vicinity affected at that hour. That one doesn't lend itself to natural causes.

i have had a low to medium hum in neighborhood since 10am. got louder thru the day and i live in Lafayette park!
    but i think it is workers with a generator.

This thread scares the shit out of me.

are there microphones which can pick up the >20hz sounds that our own bodies create?
    example: if you put your ear on someone elses belly or a dog, or use a stethescope.

i'd love to know which things create which noises. at least then we could rally against generators/electrical wires/compressors/etc whatever is causing it. i'd also be interested in being able to see the various electromagnetic waves, rf waves, beta/gamma/xrays from space, visible/ir light rays, wifi, cell phones, etc etc that bombard us daily.

somewhat related, i read an article on tinnitus which explained that some tinitis sufferers could get relief by looking in a direction or sticking out their tongue.
    http://www.newyorker.com/reporting/2...urrentPage=all

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2633109/
    "gaze-evoked tinnitus".

but this gives me a theory, does moving your head/eyes about increase or decrease hearing of non-tinnitus people?

The maneuvers that showed the greatest probability of modulating the tinnitus perception were the midline jaw thrust [[35.6%), right jaw clench [[31.1%), active neck extension [[28.9%), and right shoulder rotation with resistance [[28.9%).
    well, something to try anyways.

Help a brother out?!

Cheers!

I'm the last person to complain about the M&M Commercial, but there you have it, the chocolate hum.

Bigb 23

A cockney would say;

Low levo hum bovrin' anyone aywss?

Oh, and since the last update to this thread, we've met another family in the neighborhood. The wife has difficulty at exactly four in the morning. Every morning. So far, that is three-for-three in the immediate vicinity affected at that hour. That one doesn't lend itself to natural causes.
    4:35 for the MindBox on Three Mile Drive. FYI: The other ones that we found with timers were not set for that time, but all of them after 3am but before 5:30am local time. The Milwaukee Railroad box was set for 3:55am.

Seems like they want them to affect you when you are asleep. Thing is, you often times wake up in terror - especially when a small child [[Man how I hate their effing guts for doing this...)

If the Rouge Complex and Zug Island introduce artificial industrial noise down the Rouge River...that would beam straight across the river to their industrial channel. Wonder how that could be measured?! We keep bumping into the trouble of capturing such a long-wavelength, low-frequency signal...and complex combinations of them...since most microphones and recording devices are designed to ignore everything below the commonly-accepted lower limit to human hearing, which is 20Hz.

[...] If we could only get Top Secret clearance to read the studies our universities produced on the topic, usually using public monies.
    </paranoia> Dr. Gannon ... many scientific disciplines employ low-frequency mic's [[Google: infrasonic microphones). Here is a convenient list for volcanological applications:

http://volcanomodels.sr.unh.edu/jbj/...hone_list.html

As for ELF/VLF EM sensing ... good luck! Building an ELF/VLF antenna is neither easy nor cheap. Here is a basic article about ELF: http://www.vlf.it/zevs/zevs.htm [[apologies for the dodgy English usage) and a URL where you can purchase an ELF or VLF antenna: http://www.stormwise.com/page28.htm .

No need for a security clearance ... have fun

Has anyone in this thread recorded this 'hum'?

Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 6 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 LastLast