Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Default Review of "Surrendered" in Michigan Citizen.7.3.11

The first review of "Surrendered" has appeared:
    http://michigancitizen.com/kilpatrick-has-his-say-p9992-1.htm

Whatever one thinks about this publishing endeavor it will be interesting to see what scores Kilpatrick attempts to settle in this book. How many one-time supporters will be slammed ?

bartock Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Woodward's Cousin View Post
    The first review of "Surrendered" has appeared:
    http://michigancitizen.com/kilpatrick-has-his-say-p9992-1.htm

Whatever one thinks about this publishing endeavor it will be interesting to see what scores Kilpatrick attempts to settle in this book. How many one-time supporters will be slammed ?
    From reading that poorly-written review, I'd say it is a steaming pile of elephant feces.

I like this part:

"What many remember most about Kilpatrick, the youngest person elected as mayor in the nation’s history"

That statement sort of sums up what I'd expect the book to be about - "a bunch of made-up stuff." And, ho hum, Kwame seems to be blaming the local Jewish community for his problems.

Poor Kwyme, it really seems it was everybody else's fault.

Stromberg2

Despicable that he is now blaming Jews. This still plays in the Black community? He claims Sharon McPhail chastized a Jewish group for placing too few trainees in jobs and for that they brought him down. Amazing conclusion - and it manages to make his administration appear ethical to boot.

Talk about self-serving - it is the lowest pandering - and dangerous.

Yup. Everyone was out to get him, which resulted in Kwame being convicted of a crime he freely admits he committed.

Although I was miffed with the reviewer, Kilpatrick's downfall began early in his first term. It's just that he didn't get caught until his second term.

Keep in mind Kilpatrick's "tell all" is only going to tell all about what he's been caught doing thus far.

Quote Originally Posted by 48091 View Post
    Keep in mind Kilpatrick's "tell all" is only going to tell all about what he's been caught doing thus far.
    I try to reserve judgment til all the facts are in, and i haven't actually read the book [[obvs). Does anyone know if he talks about his outstanding federal charges?

Can you imagine what would happen if he told "his side" of the story without talking about the RICO charges and then later turned out to get convicted in federal court? Holy jeez...I'd love to see the PR spin on that.

"Y'all settin me up for a sequel for another book deal!"

Quote Originally Posted by corktownyuppie View Post
    "Y'all settin me up for a sequel for another book deal!"
    The made me laugh pretty hard!

Quote Originally Posted by SWMAP View Post
    He claims Sharon McPhail chastized a Jewish group for placing too few trainees in jobs and for that they brought him down.
    What, did they put a gun to his head and force him to perjure himself under oath? This idiot deserves to rot in prison.

That review told me more about the author's feelings about Kilpatrick than what is in his book. I'd like to humbly ask Zenobia Jeffries to do Part II and give us some actual data, anecdotes and quotations about what Kilpatrick and his ghost wrote.

Default Jeff Wattrick in Mlive on Michigan Citizen review of "Surrendered"

bartock Guest

Concise and well stated by Mr. Wattrick.

Thank you for linking to this piece. Kilpatrick's ploy to blame a Jewish Conspiracy leaves me a little breathless. He also drags in a bank. Jewish Conspiracy, banking - can the Protocols of the Elders of Zion be far behind? As I said above - he is a panderer.
    Jeff Wattrick's little expose of the real ties between the Michigan Citizen and KK revealed something I didn't know. I just thought the MC was a rag, in general.

Default AP claims to have copy of "Surrendered"

The Associated Press claims to have a copy of "Surrendered":

http://www.lansingstatejournal.com/a...60020/-1/RSS13

So it seems likely that Kilpatrick will soon be quoted attacking those he views as his enemies.
    Wonder who all will be on the list ? Wonder how many of them will be one-time Kilpatrick promoters or ennablers ?

Default Bill Shea of CDB on "Surrendered"

Bill Shea of CDB has weighed in on the Michiganm Citizen review of "Surrendered":

http://www.crainsdetroit.com/article...ame-kilpatrick#

If anyone gets this book, please torrent it so the world can read it without paying.

Jillian Rayfield post on TPM web site re: "Surrendered":

http://tpmmuckraker.talkingpointsmem...his_p.php#more

..there was supposed to be a big interview recently with him in the urban-culture magazine Don Diva..either I missed it at Borders or it hasn't come out yet.. the cover image online had kilpatrick in an all-white suit and hat, [[presumably taken before his prison stints)

Thats right we,the Jews, brought him down.Calypso Louie couldn't have put it better.And it was so easy to do.We ,the Jews ,have to go thru so much effort,so much time and expense to carry out these plots.Sometimes is isn;t worth all the grief we get.This time it was.

^^
    We, the people, thank you!!

Stromberg2

Nolan Finley of the DN weighs in today on the preliminary discussions of "Surrendered":

http://www.detnews.com/article/20110...o-hurt-Detroit

I particularly noted this quote:

Kilpatrick wouldn't have had a second term had it not been for the support of members of the white business community, who bought his story of repentance and were so seduced by his brilliance that they averted their eyes from the deep character flaws that by then he'd already revealed.
    A few of those same white business people risked their reputations to give Kilpatrick the soft landing he demanded before agreeing to leave.
    While he was exploiting ignorance, Kilpatrick figured why not libel the Jews as well. So he claimed that powerful Jewish interests also were against him.
    A lot of people who aren't black and who don't live in the city — many of them Jewish — have put their sweat and tears into helping rebuild Detroit. They've also invested bales of money, even though an investment in the city is more about altruism than profits. And much of their work and money was swept away when Kilpatrick brought himself and the city crashing down.
    If destroying Detroit would be so profitable to so many, why can't we find anyone who struck it rich from the destruction Kilpatrick wrought?

From The Detroit News: http://detnews.com/article/20110710/...#ixzz1RiQ9h9sA

Wouldn't it be constructive and cleansing if some of the folks who help drag Kwame over the finish line in the 2005 election came forward to publically acknowledge just how misguided they were at the time ? Can anyone think of anyone who has publically done so ?

DetroitPole Guest

I'm still not entirely clear why anti-Semitism plays so well in the African-American community. Two peoples who have been/are routinely discriminated against by the American establishment. Hell, the Jewish people have been discriminated against by European Christians long before colonialism and slavery. You would think there would be some empathy and understanding, but I find that a lot of black folks reserve a special dislike for the Jewish people. This Kwame-blaming-Jews and the Michigan Citizen falling at his feet is targeted.

I think I just threw up in my mouth a little bit.

Kilpatrick says in upcoming book he 'hated on' Obama

Associated Press

Detroit — Disgraced ex-Detroit Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick writes in his upcoming memoir that he "hated on" Barack Obama as he watched the 2008 election coverage from his jail cell.
    Despite previously having developed a relationship based on "mutual respect," Kilpatrick writes he turned his "enmity toward" Obama on Election Day, when the Illinois senator and fellow Democrat became the first black man elected president.
    In "Surrendered! The Rise, Fall and Revelation of Kwame Kilpatrick," the imprisoned ex-politician describes watching election coverage on a TV in his cell that night. At first, Kilpatrick felt pride at seeing a fellow African-American win the historic election, but he writes that feeling later turned to enmity.
    Kilpatrick writes he "hated on" Obama "a little, asking God, 'Why? Why him and not me?'"
    The Associated Press obtained an advance copy of the book. It comes out Aug. 1.

Kilpatrick writes he "hated on" Obama "a little, asking God, 'Why? Why him and not me?'"

Oh yeah, It must have been the Jews who blocked Kilpatrick from his rightful nomination for president.
    Last edited by Woodward's Cousin; July-12-11 at 08:45 AM. Reason: capitalization needed.

Oh yeah, It must have been the jews who blocked Kilpatrick from his rightful nomination for president.
    That's Jews with a capitol J!OF COURSE WE DID.....

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast