Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

What's the current status of the CT football field?

I recall that CT wasn't able to play home games on the new field for a period because there were safety concerns raised due to the parcel not being large enough to allow for a sufficient buffer between the field and the fence.

I also recall there being discussion that a larger field might eventually be built on the site of the old building once it's demolished.

Quote Originally Posted by artds View Post
    What's the current status of the CT football field?

I recall that CT wasn't able to play home games on the new field for a period because there were safety concerns raised due to the parcel not being large enough to allow for a sufficient buffer between the field and the fence.

I also recall there being discussion that a larger field might eventually be built on the site of the old building once it's demolished.
    Somebody also told me that they also measured it out and it's actually only 95 yards in length. I did hear that the sidelines were too close to the cyclone fencing and it wasn't safe if there was a play that ran towards the sidelines.

I think the football field was just another fat cash gift from Kwame to his buddy Bobby Ferguson to build.

Yeah, I know NOTHING about football, but even I could see from driving by that field is too small. The goal things are right up against the fence. It be like playing a game in a high walled sand box I'd imagine. The old Murray-Wright field is far larger. Others too. What were they thinking? Oh I know 'getting all the friends and family" paid and hooked up.That was the primary agenda...
    Quote Originally Posted by Thruster315 View Post
    Somebody also told me that they also measured it out and it's actually only 95 yards in length. I did hear that the sidelines were too close to the cyclone fencing and it wasn't safe if there was a play that ran towards the sidelines.

I think the football field was just another fat cash gift from Kwame to his buddy Bobby Ferguson to build.