I'm sorry to see the old building go . I went to Cass Tech daily for 4 years dropping my daughter off for school , it was a pain in the ass driving down from the east side every day but worth it . Its not easy to get into Cass Tech and if your lucky enough to get in , doesn't guarantee you'll finish school there because a student must maintain a certain GPA or risk getting sent back to the local H.S. [[ and it does happen) To get in you must have the grades of course in Middle School , have your counselor recommend you , interview at Cass Tech . Once admitted you must dress appropiately or be sent home . I had to pick my daughter up because of that a few times in the 4 years she attended Cass Tech because of that even though she looked ok to me . My daughter is very upset her old school is being razed , but glad she had the opportunity to attend Cass Tech . I remember back when she attended Cass Tech [[mid to late 90's) mentioning how bad of shape the building was inside . Why did the city let it get so much in disrepair ? It is the crown jewel of the DPS . My daughter did get an academic schlorship at Eastern and earned a Bachelor's and a Masters Degree