I don't know of any magical answer; only slow steady process

"Before you can solve the problem you first have to recognize that in reality there is one."

I've heard this so much about detroit and it often puzzles me. Even the most hardcore detroit boosters [[myself included) are having no delusions about the problems the city. Most of us are quite aware of the problems; we kind of have to grandstand a little with positive developments just so we aren't overcome by depression.

Its kind of a situation where theres no winning. If we get some positive articles about downtown or midtown etc it either gets overplayed or played off as just some dumb hipster thing that is doomed to fail. Is anyone actually suggesting that there isn't enough press about detroits problems? I guess my point is we're not idiots; we have to take good news whenever we can but the bad news is well known and documented. Keep in mind its just as irresponsible to paint the entire city as looking like delray than to say its all a thriving midtown. You can put a positive spin on detroit without lying or being dishonest.