Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    GUSHI Guest

Quote Originally Posted by artds View Post
    Good call. These days, churches are filled with more perverts than strip clubs. Especially the Catholic variety.
    Y take a swing at the Catholic Church. That was uncalled for, grow up. The Catholic church does alot for the community. How the hell do you compare a church, any church to a strip club, apples and oranges

how 'bout pix, or it didn't happen.

GUSHI Guest

If you wanna support coked up strippers, that are turning tricking in the vip room, go ahead. Probaly the only way your gonna get laided.

GUSHI Guest

Churches help the community, Strip clups don't. Churches donate food to the poor, and help the poor. Strip clubs bring alot of low life people[[not all) in a area. How many shooting at churches in the last 10years, i can guarantee not as many as strip clubs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Meddle View Post
    Detroit should desginate a certain part of the city for churches. And only allow churches in that area, from now on. Hey you wanna open a church, here's were you can do it, and that's it.

GUSHI Guest

Most churches are the foundations of the neighborhood they serve, churches dont bring down property value, strip clubs do. I would rather have my kid walk/ride a bike, by a church than by a strip club. The only similar thing to chruch and strip club, is donations. In the church our putting it in a basket, at a strip club your putting it in a g string.

Quote Originally Posted by GUSHI View Post
    Y take a swing at the Catholic Church. That was uncalled for, grow up. The Catholic church does alot for the community.

Especially for little boys called in to the private chambers of the Priest. We've seen the reports of what happens there all over the news haven't we?

Did that ever happen in a Gentlemen's Club?

How many shooting at churches in the last 10years,

He said a brief search found the following shootings, before last weekend's attacks:

* August 12, 2007: A lone gunman, Eiken Elam Saimon, opened fire in a Missouri Micronesian church, killing a pastor and two other churchgoers.

* May 20, 2007: A standoff between police and a suspect in the shootings of three people in a Moscow, Idaho, Presbyterian Church ended with three dead, including one police officer.

* Although not at a church building, the Oct. 2, 2006, attack in Lancaster County, Pa., by a gunman who killed five girls and then himself at an Amish school targeted a religious site.

* May 21, 2006: Louisiana. Four were killed by a man at Jesus Christ Church.

* Feb. 26, 2006: Michigan. Two people were killed at Zion Hope Missionary Baptist Church by a man who reportedly went to the church looking for his girlfriend. He later killed himself.

* April 9, 2005: A 27-year-old airman died after being shot at a church in College Park, Ga., where he had once worked as a security guard.

* March 12, 2005: A man walked into the services of the Living Church of God in Milwaukee and open fired immediately, killing seven people.

* Oct. 5, 2003: A woman opened fire in Turner Monumental AME church in Kirkwood, east of Atlanta, killing the pastor and two others.

* Sept. 16, 1999: Seven young people were killed when a man opened fire during a prayer service for teen-agers at the Wedgewood Baptist Church in Fort Worth, Texas.
    http://www.wnd.com/?pageId=45077

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Knoxvil...hurch_shooting

GUSHI Guest

There was also a shooting at St Pauls Albanian Catholic Church in Rochester, a little while ago. Still alot less than strip clubs

Oy, what a thread.

Could someone explain to me how a small picture of a harmless hamburger in the window of a Burger King restaurant and a place for worship in any way compares to a likely 3-story or taller billboard of a naked human being?

GUSHI,

You certainly change your mind about strip clubs.... last year in a thread about prostitution you were even gung ho about having a red light district in Detroit, and when I mentioned that the Frankfurt Airport had a strip club... you asked Django which concourse it was in, because you were going to check it out....

http://www.detroityes.com/mb/archive...p/t-9215.html?

Funny that.....

Quote Originally Posted by 313WX View Post
    Oy, what a thread.

Could someone explain to me how a small picture of a harmless hamburger in the window of a Burger King restaurant and a place for worship in any way compares to a likely 3-story or taller billboard of a naked human being?
    That was supposedly 1/2 naked.... BIG difference....

GUSHI Guest

in a certain district, not by churches and schools,
    Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    GUSHI,

You certainly change your mind about strip clubs.... last year in a thread about prostitution you were even gung ho about having a red light district in Detroit, and when I mentioned that the Frankfurt Airport had a strip club... you asked Django which concourse it was in, because you were going to check it out....

http://www.detroityes.com/mb/archive...p/t-9215.html?

Funny that.....

GUSHI Guest

Gistok, I been to a few strip clubs in Detroit, including Penthouse, Its not that I have problems w strip clubs, It that I have a problem w/ a big ass sign on the buildingand the locations of them, a lot of people say fuk it, its in Detroit, but although its detroit , people still live in those hoods. I wouldn't want my kid riding his bike by it, going to school, etc. In the previous tread you mentioned, I said a red light district, not in a neighborhood. I dwouldnt want mykid cutting tru the alley and seeing a guy getting something in the alley from a sstripper.

Quote Originally Posted by eno View Post
    I'm not Catholic but I resent you painting all Catholics with a broad brush accusation. Wouldn't you resent it if someone did the same to you?
    I didn't paint all catholics with a broad brush. I simply suggested there were more perverts working in churches than in strip clubs.

Y take a swing at the Catholic Church. That was uncalled for, grow up. The Catholic church does alot for the community. How the hell do you compare a church, any church to a strip club, apples and oranges
    To be fair, the Catholic church is responsible for a disproportionate amount of child rape, which doesn't really benefit the community.

A child is at FAR greater risk in a Catholic church than a club where many of the dancers are mothers who are working to raise their kids and would never dream of abusing a child.

Literally millions of kids have been raised in the Catholic Church and never experienced or saw any such abuse. And the children of stripper mothers, despite your romanticization of their life-style [[trying mostly to get through college!) are abused just by the fact of their mother's employment [[humiliatng especially for sons) and also by their mother' drug use and boyfriends. Don't kid yourself. I know someone who danced for 8 years and she said you can't do it sober and clean.

Quote Originally Posted by SWMAP View Post
    Literally millions of kids have been raised in the Catholic Church and never experienced or saw any such abuse. And the children of stripper mothers, despite your romanticization of their life-style [[trying mostly to get through college!) are abused just by the fact of their mother's employment [[humiliatng especially for sons) and also by their mother' drug use and boyfriends. Don't kid yourself. I know someone who danced for 8 years and she said you can't do it sober and clean.
    No argument there.

DetroitPole Guest

A child is at FAR greater risk in a Catholic church than a club where many of the dancers are mothers who are working to raise their kids and would never dream of abusing a child.
    Do you have anything to base this blatantly offensive tirades off of, other than your own vitriolic hatred of other peoples' religion?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22056066...laves-america/
    Strip clubs are great.

http://www.prweb.com/releases/Detroi...web2368484.htm
    Go and call these men perverts, then. And what great things have you done for humanity lately?

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitPole View Post
    Do you have anything to base this blatantly offensive tirades off of, other than your own vitriolic hatred of other peoples' religion?
    You haven't been paying attention to the news much over the last 10 years or so have you? The Catholic church has been sued for hundreds of millions over a systemic policy of concealing and transferring abusive priests and failure to report them or cooperate with law enforcement. The Pope has spoken on it and was then accused of being involved in some of the cover-up. The Archbishop in Philadelphia recently resigned over similar allegations. Many Priests and above have been arrested in countries all over the world.

GUSHI Guest

Well I can personally tell you ftom my personal expierence, going to Catholic church[[all my life) and schools[[11years of my life) I have never witnessed anything like that. I'm not saying it didn't happen, but what a few bad apples did, you can't blame the entire religon. What I do recall is making food & toy baskets for the poor, its not the just the catholic church, there are scandels in all religons. what I can tell you is the good out weights the bad.
    You haven't been paying attention to the news much over the last 10 years or so have you? The Catholic church has been sued for hundreds of millions over a systemic policy of concealing and transferring abusive priests and failure to report them or cooperate with law enforcement. The Pope has spoken on it and was then accused of being involved in some of the cover-up. The Archbishop in Philadelphia recently resigned over similar allegations. Many Priests and above have been arrested in countries all over the world.

You haven't been paying attention to the news much over the last 10 years or so have you?
    Do you have the statistical evidence that children are more likely to be abused in a Catholic church, or are you just buying into what the media scandal machine is telling you?

Yep, bad stuff happened and people need to go to jail. The same thing happens outside the Catholic church.

wow, the whole sex "scandal" and the catholic church was from the late eighties through the 90's... yes bad, but not today's news.....

maybe you can dig up some dirt on the crusades to compare and contrast how much better a strip club is....

Quote Originally Posted by Goose View Post
    ... yes bad, but not today's news.....

You might want to re-check the news. I see stories on it at least a couple of times a month. It's still very much current.

This is from just a couple of days ago:
    http://www.lehighvalleylive.com/alle...cted_to_s.html

Apparently even the new choice has a history of cover-ups in the matter:

http://articles.philly.com/2011-07-2...p-abuse-claims

Personally, I think it's just another dirty old men's club using kids instead of adult dancers. At least the dancers have a choice. And those clubs don't exclude women like the Catholic church does. When's the last time you saw a female Bishop or Cardinal?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast