Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

I live in a mostly white neighborhood & would love if someone constructed a billboard of a scantily clad, beautiful black woman

Steve bennet Guest

Why are people complaining anyways? I would think that pictures of half-naked attractive women hanging on buildings would be a good thing.

And for the people who use the "think of the children" argument, they can see much worse on any television show and the internet. IF you're that concerned, just lock your kids in a closet until they are 18 so they aren't exposed to any of that.

If Detroit had any standards, they wouldn't allow giant billboard sized advertisements on any buildings. Problem solved.

Quote Originally Posted by GUSHI View Post
    Call it what you want. if no fear, why so much anti-catholic post on this forum. Throught out the history of Catholic church, there having been groups that hated us. If you look at the history of the church it has done more good than anyother religous organization.
    I don't hate Catholics. In fact, I'd hardly pay you guys any attention if not for all of the stories of child rape that have come out in recent years, which I, like most people, find quite disgusting and disturbing.

Can you at least acknowledge that the Catholic church, as an institution, has had a disproportionate number of incidents of child rape?
    Last edited by artds; July-28-11 at 03:38 PM.

GUSHI Guest

I don't think its the entire church. Just a few fukd up seeds.
    Quote Originally Posted by artds View Post
    I don't hate Catholics. In fact, I'd hardly pay you guys any attention if not for all of the stories of child rape that have come out in recent years, which I, like most people, find quite disgusting and disturbing.

Can you at least acknowledge that the Catholic church, as an institution, has had a disproportionate number of incidents of child rape?

THANK YOU! Point well stated. In other cities and nearby suburbs a gas station sign in not even allowed to be so large or tall!
    Quote Originally Posted by Novine View Post
    If Detroit had any standards, they wouldn't allow giant billboard sized advertisements on any buildings. Problem solved.

How would anyone know if the Catholic church has had a "disproportionate" number of child rapes? Are you benchmarking against, say, fundamentalist churches - which report their share certainly but the lawsuit payoff is necessarily smaller and so doesn't create as many headlines. Just this year a girl was raped by the minister of a church in my neighborhood. I'm pretty sure underage kids Re used by preachers in this city all the time.

I don't think its the entire church.
    Are you not getting that it goes all the way to the Vatican? That the Pope himself has been linked to the coverup?

Quote Originally Posted by SWMAP View Post
    How would anyone know if the Catholic church has had a "disproportionate" number ...
    One hint would be that there are thousands of cases worldwide in dozens of countries on nearly every continent.
    Last edited by Meddle; July-28-11 at 07:18 PM.

Thousands? Please cite your source for that assertion.
    And, as I said- how would we know if that number [[the real number) is disproportionate to the amount of child abuse in other institutions -say group homes, etc or youth homes [[where large amounts of sexual Buse takes place.
    I do not condone what happened in the Church. But millions of children and adults have excellent and happy memories of their childhoods in the Catholic Church. I am very sad and humiliated by what happened. Still, I know how much good is done in and through the Catholic Church.

Quote Originally Posted by Novine View Post
    That's more my line of thinking as well.

I wonder how some of our suburb neighbors manage to keep their clubs and their advertisements down to a low roar.

Quote Originally Posted by rjk View Post
    Actually I think that area south of 8 is beyond help so maybe these people are just pissed about everything.
    It's the north side that's pissed about everything. The south side is more or less pissed about things that aren't within their control.

Most of the elements that have decimated Decoyville are things these people had complete control over and they just looked the other way. That's until one of their family members bites the dust of course...

Detroit should desginate a certain part of the city for strip clubs. And only allow these type of clubs in that area, from now on. Hey you wanna open a stripclub, heres were you can do it, and thats it. And then give these other club tax breaks to relocate to a such area. There is alot of vacant land on the eastside, Delray etc...
    It's a little too late for that. Plus, how many people are going to go deep into the city for a strip club in a shady part of the city?

GUSHI Guest

iT WOULD be kool if it was a district."dirty dancing blvd.lol"
    Quote Originally Posted by jerrytimes View Post
    It's a little too late for that. Plus, how many people are going to go deep into thlole city for a strip club in a shady part of the city?

I have to shake my head sadly when I see these older threads. Clearly, the personas taking a typical anti-Christian [[especially anti-Catholic stance) sound like pretentiously inconsistent child-like mentalities who view themselves as non-conformists who "free-think outside of the box". Yet, while they eschew "religious dogma", they embrace the spoon-fed dogma of homely logic-bullies like Bill Mauer [[who blames religion for his cold-shower inability to "get the proper sex" he's been duped into believing makes one "a man"-and not for the adjectives I just placed in front of his name-because women really dig homely logic-bullies, Right? Yeah, I can smell own kind here, folks. Anyway...)or guys like Dawkins and Christopher "I'll have anotha'" Hitchens. They also pick and choose what aspects of popular media and history to trust or mistrust [[the media juggernaut jumps on sex abuse accusations aimed at Catholics though there have been just as much incidents involving Protestants, coaches, boy scout leaders, etc. with less the coverage. Yet, when a priest is cleared-as in over 40% of the cases-the media is silent with a retraction. There are a few who in the media-like Dorothy Rabinowitz-who do take notice and comment but their observations get buried.). One would properly deduce from just the prominence of anti-Catholicism in history and the key elements involved, the overly-hyped tone of media and culture that was absent [[especially when one looks back at old National Geographics and Time magazines) in times past, the presence of more interest in failed fictitious Gnostic nonsense [[DaVinci Crud or Prof. Karen King's stupid relic of dubious origin.), the outright attacks in huge billboards in Times Square around the Holidays, the recent church vandalisms, the hideous anti-religious tone on the internet [[which has always been proven to be a fairly stupid source for any aspect of critical thinking), or the all around intolerant and imbalanced attitude against any religion embracing traditional views-be it Catholic, Amish, or Muslim [[such time-enduring institutions have been witnesses to many rising and falling empires that view them as stubborn enemies and bad examples of options to their "New World Order")-that there must be something to these aspects that rankle the [[corrupt and deceitful) powers that be.

Well, regardless if these mentalities embrace truth or not, they clearly won't embrace abiding [[a virtue even most Atheists and Agnostics can instinctively hit upon as being of some importance). So, trolls will be trolls. I only wish some of those who once made strong apologetics for religion [[and the Catholic Church in particular) on DY, would not have gotten so discouraged speaking-up and ended-up bailing on DY-leaving it to the formidable presence of astro-turfing snotty white boozh-whah types who now dominate much of DY.

The misguided overview of the tone of this thread is thus: sex appeal [[or the spoon-fed Western delusion of-with no regard to the more pedestrian aspects of all areas of region or history) is a force to be reckoned with-one God should never have made, since it was "too powerful for God to contain", and any attempt to resist it and be celibate will cause you to seethe with a perverse bile. Thus, religion is the repression that threatens this very drive we should whole-heartedly abandon ourselves to [[like so many failed, carelessly affluent empires of the past once did). Right? Is this what I am left to believe? A talk about how some sense of decorum is lacking when regarding how a business splashes desperate women [[I've hung out with these women-they have been abused as young girls, they are on drugs, they hate their life, and want to die. Precisely why I can only fool myself so much, and walking into such establishments, I just can't permit myself to do.) on billboards for all to see then degenerates into how Catholics are more inclined to molest than any other faith or institution.

I should let sleeping dogs lie with this, but it really typifies the vast stupid blindness of all I see online that still has a tendency to bleed over into the borders of DY from time to time.

Also, I should add. Once, while I was roaming Davenport, IA [[part of the Quad cities), I was walking around the waterfront area. I noticed a string of odd Latino nightclubs with full pictures of the staple of performers expected to be seen in them on certain nights.

Immediately, something caught me as off. As I got in closer to inspect, I quickly noticed that many of the "ladies" with names like "Kiki", "Guave", or "Raoul" were large of frame, with wide shoulders, huge noses and jaw lines, and with some kind of choker or feathered boa to cover their large Adam's apple.

I was surprised to sign on and see this thread pulled up from the bowels.

Since I started this I feel obligated to give an update. The bar I referenced in the OP was originally thought to be owned the same guy who owned the "Booby Trap," but turns out that it was bought by someone else who re-named the joint "The King of Diamonds."

So the day that the public hearing was held regarding the transfer of the liquor license was the day that the notices hit the neighbor's mailboxes, and they still bitch about it to this day. Some of those neighbors have since moved away, being chased out by the numerous shootings, the loitering, the ridiculous amounts of trash that accumulate and blow down the street, and the large contribution to the number of drunk drivers who barrel down the street at all hours of the day and night. The bar owners also bought two of the few salvageable homes on Exeter and tore them down for parking.

I should also mention that one of our young family members was robbed, shot and left for dead coming out of this place, and is now fully paralyzed. So the signs on this building ended up being the last of the problems we had to worry about. Lesson learned.

Sigh.
    Last edited by detroitsgwenivere; January-26-16 at 01:30 AM.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5