Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Merton at Ren Cen

So a YouTube personality named Merton is performing at the base of the escalator to the food court at the Ren Cen today. He is playing piano and singing improvisationally about people coming down the escalator. Everyone has a big smile when they figure out what he is up to. Any idea who is behind this random act of culture?

Quote Originally Posted by 1953 View Post
    So a YouTube personality named Merton is performing at the base of the escalator to the food court at the Ren Cen today. He is playing piano and singing improvisationally about people coming down the escalator. Everyone has a big smile when they figure out what he is up to. Any idea who is behind this random act of culture?

Oh wow I wish I was there that guy is amazing!

What time?

Merton was playing at lunch time near the food court as part of MTV's www.millennialcon.com/

I love the term "random act of culture".

Word is there is another"super secret" artist planned today at lunch time.

Quote Originally Posted by bigtreble View Post
    Word is there is another"super secret" artist planned today at lunch time.
    some guy playing a sax walking around the ground level being recorded...no clue who it is.

Was it "Sax Man"? Was he bare chested, wearing suspenders and sun glasses and did he have a mustache? Did he play that "sexy" sax melody from the 1980s over and over?

Didn't get a chance to go down to the foodcourt to see if he was barechested and in suspenders, but there was definately someone down there playing some 80's music over and over.
    That dude doesn't know any other songs?

Video of the sax guy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pEHZMV4CL8I

Also video of Merton from yesterday.

http://youtu.be/jy2_F2Rc3IU
    Last edited by animatedmartian; July-22-11 at 02:20 PM.